The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Reinstalling WoW
As I have had a new computer since last I played WoW I'm having to install it and download all the patches. I notice the message that says I should not update to 3.1. Is this still a problem, because I'm sure just not downloading the patch is easier and much quicker than downloading it then having to delete it?
Hi... I'm the new guy.
Right you are, better to just not download it at all than try to fix it once it's patched. To my knowledge there's no way to downpatch other than reinstalling.

Of course, I've been wrong before. And I've been living under a rock for a while. :D
Bury me on my feet. I have lived my entire life on my knees.
You could manually patch up through third party websites? you get to decide which patch you take yourself that way.
agoden Wrote:You could manually patch up through third party websites? you get to decide which patch you take yourself that way.

That's what I always do. A lot of times it's faster than the Blizzard downloader anyway.
gryphonqueen13 Wrote:Right you are, better to just not download it at all than try to fix it once it's patched. To my knowledge there's no way to downpatch other than reinstalling.

Of course, I've been wrong before. And I've been living under a rock for a while. :D
A friend of mine who's trying to join, the foolish fool that he is patched up to 3.1.1. He managed to downgrade just fine, but to do it, he had to download the patches seperately from 3rd party sites and only update to 3.0.9.

If you do happen to make a mistake in your upgrading process, use this guide and you should be fine and dandy. :)

It's proven to work.
[Image: RD-Rogue.jpg]
[corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][tr=][th=4]Character Information[/th][/tr][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][td=1,]Name[/td][td=1,]Affiliation[/td][td=1,]Status[/td][td=1,]Title[/td][/tr]

[tr=bg2][td=1,]Raltharon Damara[/td][td=1,]None[/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Rogue for Hire[/td][/tr]

[tr=bg2][td=1,]Ratchet[/td][td=1,]None[/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Scrapper[/td][/tr]

[tr=bg2][td=1,]Zhaana[/td][td=1,]None[/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Fel Addict[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners]
Great, thanks. I'm just gonna try method 10a and play WC3 TFT while it does that.
If it goes run I think I can manage patching down with that guide. Thanks again.
Hi... I'm the new guy.
yeah cheers for that Ralth not exactly the smartest thing I did on that day lol
Crud, it's just gone to 3.0.9.9551. Will I need to downpatch?
Hi... I'm the new guy.
Nope, I think that's the highest patch version the server supports at the moment.
The server is 3.0.8a and 3.0.9 compatable, and the build is 9551, so you should be fine. Just change your realmlist to CotH's, and start launching from the wow.exe and you should be fine.
That's a relief. I just created my game account. I'll find the realm list again, though.

EDIT: I don't have to install either expansion, do I?
Hi... I'm the new guy.
I do not believe so, just ask Kretol to set your account to TBC if you don't have WotLK but you have TBC, or set it to pre-TBC. Vanilla :P

Or.. take a look Here, it has the downloaders for mac and PC. Plus realmlist.
Well I've managed to find the discs for both expansions. Is there any benefit to install it?
I've already done the realmlist.
Do I need to use the Launcher.exe or WoW.exe?
Hi... I'm the new guy.
Okay, all working. I do need to install the expansions though, as I'm already on a WotLK account.

EDIT: WotLK is gonna take a while, not gonna get on tonight. The message didn;t mention TBC, so I'm hoping I won;t need that.
Hi... I'm the new guy.
The benefit to having Wotlk and TBC are the respective continents, Outlands and Northrend, Plus items, Draenei and Blood Elves. Among other things.