The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Reminder: LFG Channel (Edited from old)
It comes often in the time of a roleplayer when they want to roleplay but- GASP- cannot find any. It is in these cases some of us are known to do drastic things, like rob 24-7s or replace our carpets with a lawn. It is now I offer an alternative-

Rather than ask in Chat, Barrenschat, and Adult (all at once)- why not have a channel that would serve as a bulletin board of sorts for people who just want to roleplay right this moment? The people online in the chat would be combinations of people who are looking to roleplay, whether they're actively asking or just looking for one if it pops up.

Stuff like this can go in the LFG channel:
+ "Hey guys, I'm logging off in like two hours and want to get some roleplay done before then. Whisper me and we can work it out."
+ "I want to have a tavern roleplay with a few people in the Drudaen. If you would like to come, whisper me please."
+ "I'm going to be actively searching for RP in ten minutes, send me a tell if you'd like to participate."

What else can go in it?
+ OOC snippets involving a specific roleplay currently happening. (Typo corrections)

EDITED from original post, this is just more helpful and a reminder of what the channel is meant to be for- rather than creating a new one.
Soyuz nerushimy respublik svobodnykh
Splotila naveki velikaya Rus'!
"A single death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic."
"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."
-Иосиф Сталин (Joseph Stalin)

I think technically this is what Lookingforgroup is supposed to do, but people misuse it. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course, but that's always the impression I was under.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Is good plan; but isn't that what the LFG channel is for?
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
Qaza! You beat me to it, you sly boots >.<
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
What Qaza said.

And man, this guy passed my postcount already? Jeebus.
Bishnak Wrote:And man, this guy passed my postcount already? Jeebus.

Thanks for the on-topic post, especially about something we have never talked about in game.

And Qaza, the difference is- everyone is automatically joined into LFG and here are many people there that are not interested in looking for roleplay. Whereas the LF-RP is just for that. If you look at who's online in the chat, you know for 100% that all those people are looking for roleplay. The only issue there is actually getting the roleplay together.

Thing is... -why are people on if they aren't looking for roleplay-?

That's the purpose of the server. Like, the only purpose. Ever.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Ask the people who spend their time grinding, questing, or just moping around and complaining there is no roleplay going on liek evar.
:D

Sounds like a personal problem for them, then, and not really something that warrants the creation of a new channel. Although this thread is an excellent reminder of what LFG should be used for.

...Now if only we could get those folks who are complaining about lack of RP while grinding to actually read this/any of the forums...
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Good came out of this yet. I will surgically edit the tread a bit.

See, the whole grinding/leveling thing is just...meh. I mean, really, why are they doing this when they should be trying for vouches? I can -gaurantee- that's why there are so few people with vouches.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Yup. It honestly doesn't make much sense. Most of the people I see over level 20 are people without any vouches. It gets me a little flustered because I'm thinking, "This is an RP server... Why are they bothering to get to 20/30/40/50? They should be RPing for vouches." But, I can't say what's going on with it.
I admit that I leveled to 35, but that's because moreorless I was just waiting for my character to be approved and had nothing else to do RP-wise.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Awesome YouTube Channel that Must BE SEEN! Andy7565 7 1,701 02-27-2014, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Edgar
  The "Darknest" channel. Harmonic 0 3,555 03-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Gone for a while... Maybe. (Kind of. Edited) Hexproof 6 1,167 10-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Hexproof
  A Reminder On Death & Killing Dotsy 19 4,025 06-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Last Post: ChocoboKnight7