The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rensin's Guide to Inter-racial interactions
As for the draenei-hate thingie, I suppose I am behind that. The thing is, I've been a little bothered lately how the server has fallen into some creampuff rainbow land while the game IS called World of WARcraft. It's like race hasn't even been an issue anymore, because everyone has been getting along so well (and sometimes a little too well as stated above) despite being draenei, undead or human. So what I did to counter the whole thing, was to take it in the other direction and just go all out hardcore about it.

I realize it's a touchy subject, with hatespeeches and such, but I can justify it through my character's background story and the fact that he's an old-timer who hates what he doesn't understand. In this case, draeneis are just as bad as orcs and taurens in his eyes, and he wants to clear them all out. Prejudice HAS always been a cornerstone through these series and pretty much tbe basis for many major conflicts, I'm just going by that fact.

(PS: Props to Soot for phrasing what I've been feeling in such an excellent way.)
I agree with Bishnak. This game needs conflict. No, I don't mean everyone has to be Horde haters, but as long as there is conflict, I am fine. This Wonderland is getting old, and it needs to die. Yes, my character Bell is against this ICily, it's her personality. That's why she's starting up her resistance group. Well, I think Harmonic is being kick-a$$ for doing this. Gotta love yah.
Vaermina: So cold, yet she feels alive. On Death Row.
Bell: Arrogant yet kind-hearted. Crusader.
Gral'dar: Joyful and Alive.
Valia: Brilliant but easily confused. Expert Scientist/Engineer
Sala'driana: Too Flirtatious for her own good.
I also believe there is an EXTREME misrepersantation of the feeling that is Warcraft. I was in a tavern in Goldshire where several undead and blood elf were RPing and noone would stand up with a char because I guess they were absessed with accepting everyone.

It is clear that Harmonic is doing the best possible option to return the hatful feeling of cross faction intraction and I support it fully. I am also urging all my fellow RPers out there, not kill every undead on the spot or skin the blood elf for using the "Alliance door" instead of the "Horde door", but act IC, if your character is nice to everyone, think about it, two fctions war for years and years and a Gnome or Dwarf wake up one morning and decide to hug all the Tauren in Muglor becuse they look soft and cuddly...wrong.

If you have a char that is so accepting, than I as RPer and a lover of WarCraft, beg you to please rethink your character concept and help us all to restore the world back to the ruthless, unstable world I'm sure most have come to love from the beginning. By making this world a hostile one, the RP will pick up far more quickly, and though you might die ICly, it is a great oppertunity to exersise your creativity that you used to make the vividly passionate or hartless adventurerer that you used to bring good RP to others.

It is YOU that use RP to bring exitment or friendship to other, NOT your char, do it again with another char should yours fall in battle or get robbed and killed. And I must urge you all, though it might not be my place, that if you have a char you love, and then think of something better, let the GMs know so they can mark it inactive, even if you want to play a variaty of chars, just put a few aside for awhile as the stress in the GM's is only amplifide by the number of profiles that need be approved.

Not saying don't post char profiles, really I'm not, I am just saying:Until the GM's get some help or manage to deal with myriad number of issues and responsibilities that assult them every day, please just "Trim the Fat" so to speak. " It is much easier and more fufilling to RP only one or two chars any way, as you feel more involved with the life you attempt to slip into everytime you log on. So thank you for listening to my rant and enjoy the world as I for one do my part to return racism to the fantisy that WoW represents (odd sentence)

P.S.-Remember, you do not need to have your chars lvled to RP, and it is a good idea to play a char first before posting, having a lvled char died in the wave of hostility that is hopfully coming will suck if you focus on nothing but having a high lvling.
Here's the thing, this goes for me.

As stated above, I love Warcraft and I have since I first picked up the original game. I haven't really RPed since I was a teenager, I always played "regular" WoW with raids and whatnot, but was psyched when I stumbled upon a private server that was focused on RP because the retail servers I always viewed as flawed since they're so limited (NPC interaction, etc).

I don't want to rip on anyone for how they choose to play their character, because it's never anyone's place to do so. To each his own and all that. These guidelines that have been posted is, the way I'm interpreting them, the way things SHOULD be when it comes to interactions between different races. Yet, and I'm really not surprised, a lot of people view their character as different from the masses so to speak. Characters who despite their upbringing, the beliefs of their people, past conflicts and wars, etc etc choose to be extremely open-minded and give everyone a "chance" if you know what I mean, despite it not being very logical. And when everyone does this, you get this utopia where everyone is best friends and conflict very rarely occur. This isn't Warcraft to me. Warcraft, in my opinion, is a bunch of races clashing with eachother at every turn.. humans hating orcs for invading their lands and orcs in turn hating humans for imprisoning their kin in camps. Draenei hating orcs for destroying their people. You know the story. And yet, there's always been those few good-hearted and reasonable characters such as Thrall and Jaina who saw to overcome these hatreds albeit temporarily to defeat common foes, thus making it a good story for a game. But if EVERYONE acts this way, you sort of ruin the whole setting of the world.. the hatred, the conflicts, the prejudice, the works. And you get this, again, utopia where everything's all fine and dandy. And again, this isn't Warcraft to me.

I realize this server has a low population and crossfaction RPing is important to a lot of people. But if this is how it's going to be, I'm starting to doubt if I should even continue playing here as I don't think I fit in anymore. Which sucks, because I've been here almost 6 months and met a lot of awesome people. But it's not doing it for me anymore. And no, this is not a cry for attention and the hopes that a couple of people post protesting this for whatever reason (please don't), I'm just trying to figure out if these recent turn-of-events and the way things have been going is my cue to hop on out of here.
I'll take a very adult route this time around and say that I am one of those perpetuators of the "creampuff rainbow land". Perhaps not all the way through, but it's not like I have that many characters that will actively start a huge conflict, unless you consider slavery and murder conspiracies to be terrible. In which case, disreguard this post.

The one reason I do play these unlikely characters is due to the downfall of a previous roleplay community I was a part of. All of the roleplays boiled down to constant conflict/fighting/deaths and whatnot, with a community full of people whining and complaining about it. All movements to turn over this situation were met with terrible failure. I left and started looking around for something a little different.

Sure, I've probably been -far- too tolorable of race and whatnot while I've been here. I even started a character afflicted with perpetual happiness in order to give myself the option to go ahead and be happy despite what was going on. Not my best idea, but it happened. As it stands, however, my characters are far too tolorable and I probably won't be alleviating that any time soon unless the situation bothers me enough to create some sort of 'normal' character, which has indeed crossed me several times.

Until that day comes, I'm riding out the current storylines and taking things as they come ICly.
[Image: kialee.png]
I need a life.
I could not have stated Bishnak's words better myself. Though I don't necessarily share your doubts about staying on the server, I take my hat off to you. Though I do have a bit of my own to say.

As Bishnak said, a lot of people are roleplaying characters that are unrealistically tolerant of what would normally be enemies. I stand in full agreement with what has been said in that it disrupts the server, creating an unreal utopia. However it has happenned and it's likely not going to change over-night, but in the heat of it all, I do have some advice to offer those who roleplay more tolerant characters.

Just because your character *believes* in being friendly towards opposite faction races (or vice versa), or believes in anything really, does not necessarily mean that they will always act on said beliefs or views in every single situation. While you must consider personality in this, as some characters are brash, some are foolish, and some just don't care; thus they would not always exercise such a method of interaction. Any character however with a degree of sensibility would see what could be a better way to handle a situation by *not* saying something.

To elaborate, when the stereotypical nerd get's beat up on the playground, how many people stick up for him? Usually none. Why? Though individuals watching may not necessarily agree with the cruel treatment that the *nerd* endures, they see the value in not helping him, so as not to become a target themselves.

Now apply this to warcraft. While your character may believe that the horde and alliance should tolerate one another, you need to keep in mind that (even though with PC's this is not the commodity), the majority of the people in the world (from a realistic perspective) do not agree. Most orcs do not want to tolerate humans, and vice versa. But most importantly, you need to take into account that your character *knows* that most people are not going to share their view. Because of this any character with good sense, regardless of their actual beliefs, would think twice before voicing them publicly, or even voicing them at all. All the while, one must keep in mind what the character's goals are, and based on their sense, have them evaluate what results their actions will actually bring, regardless of their intent, then after factoring in their personality, decide what actions is best ot have them take.

If a human were to run around telling everyone that he thinks the orcs should be allowed into Stormwind, then he would probably get beaten up, killed, imprisoned, etc. (the list goes on, depending on what kinds of people interact with the character first). So if he has any kind of wisdom at all, he'll be smart enough not to go about exercising his beliefs in this manner. The same logic can be applied to the other races as well.

So even after you have decided that your character is *friendly to all*, consider how smart/wise they actually are, and whether or not they know how to behave to best suit their (and those to whom they are loyal's) interests. If your character is a fanatic who would rather declare his beliefs aloud regardless of the consequences, then fine.

To include one additional point regarding neutral territory. Keep in mind that the brash fanatic mentioned above would probably be hurling insults at the opposite faction, most civilized characters would simply give a mean look at a member of the opposite faction and then simply ignore them. Considering it's neutral territory and they can't fight, that is logically the sensible thing to do. But I will state again that you must also consider your own character's personality in said situations, their goals, and keep in mind how sensible they might be.
I cannot put these last few posts better myslef, and I tried. World of WarCraft is suposed to be full of rath and war, and an occasional tolerate person is fine, but you need to respond tothose chars with your own char based on what his believes are. Thanks all those abouve that posted exactly what I was trying to get across. I agree very strongly. And to be honest, I have one of those tolerate people, a Gnome, but I did not see that everyone was following suite and am adjusting my RP accordingly. Lets put the "War" back in "WarCraft".
Bringing my own views into this, many of my characters are generally nice to others, barring extenuating circumstances. For instance, Xaalina is generally kind-hearted to those who treat her nicely, but particularly to any Forsaken or blood elven paladins, she looks down upon them (being a paladin herself, she finds these people to be almost filth in her eyes).

On the other hand, there are some characters who can get away with not having racial issues with others. Take, for example, my orc rogue, Mijiko. She's worked with countless assassin's guilds and shady organizations, ranging from the Shattered Hand in Orgrimmar, to even Ravenholdt and SI:7 to an extent. She regularly consorts with people of the Alliance, if only for business, and she finds no animosity there. Otherwise, she wouldn't do so well in business, would she? =P

All in all, the differing racial viewpoints on other races are a -guideline-. Not every draenei has to hate orcs and blood elves to the major degree, but there's very few times when it would be accepted for a drae to just walk up to an orc and hug him around the midsection.
Roisana: Bitter dwarven priestess.
Mijiko: Orcish assassin with a shady background.
Xaalina: Draenei vindicator with a heart of gold.
Squeakilori: Gnomish technomage in training. Deceased, laid to rest in the Crater.
shoeboxshoes Wrote:Bringing my own views into this, many of my characters are generally nice to others, barring extenuating circumstances. For instance, Xaalina is generally kind-hearted to those who treat her nicely, but particularly to any Forsaken or blood elven paladins, she looks down upon them (being a paladin herself, she finds these people to be almost filth in her eyes).

On the other hand, there are some characters who can get away with not having racial issues with others. Take, for example, my orc rogue, Mijiko. She's worked with countless assassin's guilds and shady organizations, ranging from the Shattered Hand in Orgrimmar, to even Ravenholdt and SI:7 to an extent. She regularly consorts with people of the Alliance, if only for business, and she finds no animosity there. Otherwise, she wouldn't do so well in business, would she? =P

All in all, the differing racial viewpoints on other races are a -guideline-. Not every draenei has to hate orcs and blood elves to the major degree, but there's very few times when it would be accepted for a drae to just walk up to an orc and hug him around the midsection.
The only problem I see lately is that this "guideline" seems to be -ignored- by most player characters who strive for uber uniqueness, and all come up with some mish-mashed character that doesn't make sense to the true lore of WoW. Why the hell would SI:7 let an Orc do missions for them? Ever?

If people only see this as a "guideline", and ignore pretty much everything that has been established in wow, you get everyone playing acceptions to the rule, every character is "quirky, cute, unique", and are absolutly shallow and are lost in the white noise of constantly "new" characters that really lack substance, or even thought.

The reason again that I bring this up, is because it seems like people put about an ounce of creativity in the characters they make, they do not read -anything- that could be considered helpful in creating one, and really, -not one person lately stands out-. Not one.

So remember, even though this is a "guideline", doesn't mean you ignore it and say "well hell, this doesn't apply to me because I like being a special bunny". What guideline means is that it's something you damn well better pay attention to, because you will be the oddman out if you don't.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I have to admit, I have caught myself being a creamy poof of rainbow in a clear blue sky. After reading through this thread, however, that might (and most certainly should) become very limited.

I would still like to look for my Tauren Druid teacher IC, but other than that, I'll have to at least dislike most (but not all) trolls, along with Undead, if only due to alchemical and medical caution. Is the Zandalar tribe included in this dislike of trolls by Night Elves and vice-versa, even though they are somewhat of a neutrality?

I take it alliance like most alliance, and I probably should at least hold the Highborn with a little twist of solemnity, mayhap pity? I guess I'll have to be a little mean to my brother if I run into his Blood Elf 'Lock...(sorry!) :(

I know this probably isn't the place for this, and I am probably a little too new to suggest such a thing, but mayhap some actual warfare could be in order, as a reminder of racial ties and boundaries, with perhaps a few IC exceptions in some way? I don't presume to overstep my bounds.
Faeorial Wrote:Is the Zandalar tribe included in this dislike of trolls by Night Elves and vice-versa, even though they are somewhat of a neutrality?

The Zandalar tribe has been looking for help from any race that will give it out of desperation. It's probably safe to say that while they might not be thrilled to work with a night elf, they would do it if it helped further their goals.

Quote:I take it alliance like most alliance, and I probably should at least hold the Highborn with a little twist of solemnity, mayhap pity? I guess I'll have to be a little mean to my brother if I run into his Blood Elf 'Lock...(sorry!) :(

Keep in mind that High elves (if that's what you were getting at) are not accepted as player characters. That said, it is certainly true that the blood elves do not play nicely with their other elfy kin.

Quote:I know this probably isn't the place for this, and I am probably a little too new to suggest such a thing, but mayhap some actual warfare could be in order, as a reminder of racial ties and boundaries, with perhaps a few IC exceptions in some way? I don't presume to overstep my bounds.

There are some grassroots movements for this, but keep in mind we are (quite happily) a small server, so full-on wars are difficult for us to orchestrate.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Qaza Wrote:
Faeorial Wrote:Is the Zandalar tribe included in this dislike of trolls by Night Elves and vice-versa, even though they are somewhat of a neutrality?

The Zandalar tribe has been looking for help from any race that will give it out of desperation. It's probably safe to say that while they might not be thrilled to work with a night elf, they would do it if it helped further their goals.

Quote:I take it alliance like most alliance, and I probably should at least hold the Highborn with a little twist of solemnity, mayhap pity? I guess I'll have to be a little mean to my brother if I run into his Blood Elf 'Lock...(sorry!) :(

Keep in mind that High elves (if that's what you were getting at) are not accepted as player characters. That said, it is certainly true that the blood elves do not play nicely with their other elfy kin.

Quote:I know this probably isn't the place for this, and I am probably a little too new to suggest such a thing, but mayhap some actual warfare could be in order, as a reminder of racial ties and boundaries, with perhaps a few IC exceptions in some way? I don't presume to overstep my bounds.

There are some grassroots movements for this, but keep in mind we are (quite happily) a small server, so full-on wars are difficult for us to orchestrate.

Thanks Qaza, you cleared up a lot for me! I did in fact mean Blood Elves (so many differentials from plot to plot on who and what Highborn are). :D
The only races I think that can get along with being very friendly are Tauren (gotta love 'em!) and gnomes. Maybe even a dwarf.

I think the whole Blood-Elf Boom should read this thread. I've yet to meet a Blood-Elf who disliked let alone *hate* my Human. (I've been trying too!)
One man
Two guns
Three friends
Four foes
XI Touch
I think there is a Tauren - Dwarf situation, not a pretty one either. The dwarves coming and digging up sacred places and hurting the Earthmother. Isn´t there even a quest or two to attack some dwarven dig-sites in Mulgore?
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

FrozenFire Wrote:The only races I think that can get along with being very friendly are Tauren (gotta love 'em!) and gnomes. Maybe even a dwarf.

I think the whole Blood-Elf Boom should read this thread. I've yet to meet a Blood-Elf who disliked let alone *hate* my Human. (I've been trying too!)

I hear you. If you want one, try my Dwynna... :D She and Viridiel have found rare kindred souls in one another, both being VERY racist. As in Belfs are the racially superior beings :P

The rest...lord they $h% rainbows and puppies >.<
Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.
Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,
let love and light be our guides again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  c0rzilla's Short and Basic Guide to Worgen c0rzilla 14 4,331 03-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Notaris
  A Guide to Racial Prejudice in WoW Thoradin 43 12,892 03-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Paylonas
  The Golden Boys: A Guide to Goblin Geoni 16 9,288 07-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  SRET - Significant Racial Event Timeline BountyHunter 39 11,745 06-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  [Guide] Gilneas and You! Observations on the peninsula nation Xigo 16 7,739 06-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Alpharius