The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rensin's Guide to Inter-racial interactions
Nostra Wrote:Isn´t there even a quest or two to attack some dwarven dig-sites in Mulgore?

Yes, there is Nostra ;) I think you get it from Bloodhoof Village or Camp Narache.

EDIT: My bad, it's not Dwarves it's goblins...
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Nostra Wrote:I think there is a Tauren - Dwarf situation, not a pretty one either. The dwarves coming and digging up sacred places and hurting the Earthmother. Isn´t there even a quest or two to attack some dwarven dig-sites in Mulgore?

Kill off those hippie hamburgers. Just kidding! Now that I give it a second though... Nah, no dwarves. But tauren *could* be seen as hypocrites, using guns. (A Dwarven invention?)
One man
Two guns
Three friends
Four foes
XI Touch
That's true actually. And knowing Tauren's their more of the modest type.

However would they use guns against nature?

EDIT: They're* Not their.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
hawk Wrote:That's true actually. And knowing Tauren's their more of the modest type.

However would they use guns against nature?

Well, I'd assume they'd shoot at someone/something. That is in someway nature. Guns are tools of destruction, so it's technically harming nature in some way or another. Not the BALANCE of nature, but nature being something that wasn't created by man. I'd think shooting someone who was disrupting the balance of nature would be a good thing for nature, but that's some crazy druidic philosophic crap my brain can't process now.
One man
Two guns
Three friends
Four foes
XI Touch
Remember that the Tauren were/are a race of nomads and hunters, to them hunting and killing the prey is part of the natural word, just like predators are.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Good point.

This is kind of off topic, but what they count war as being part of a balance if you know what I mean?

Like it's, I dunno nature's way of saying something or maybe it's normal of species to be against each other and it's kind of inevitable. But it's killing people who shouldn't be killed, which kind of unbalances... The balance.

I might be talking nonsense here, it is kind of late so.
Just to be curious - if a gun is considered a tool of destruction (ie, only made to kill something), then wouldn't a bow be considered the same? I mean, the sole purpose (as far as I know) of using a bow is to stick an arrow in something to kill it (for food, murder, war, whichever). So a gun (and a gun is still made from natural materials, same as a bow - metal, wood and leather for the ones in WoW) is basically just a higher-powered but slower bow. So I wouldn't see Taurens as being hypocrites for using guns.

Also, I noticed where earlier in the thread it was mentioned that Taurens are probably the most open and accepting of all races (except perhaps gnomes, which I agree with - gnomes are pretty friendly, also). I wholeheartedly agree with this, which is why I made Terim a Tauren shaman. Even though his profile isn't quite done yet, I made him to be a wanderer who wants to learn what he can about all the lands of Azeroth, which in time will probably include the Alliance lands.

Will he get attacked/killed? There's a good chance of it, yes, but that could happen to anyone - even a human could be attacked or killed by other humans just because he might look different, or have different beliefs (as was also mentioned earlier, e.g., saying orcs should be allowed in Stormwind).

So a lot of it is based on what the character feels, but also it should be taken into account the fact that they have a LOT of pressure on them from family and friends that they grow up around. I mean, if you are exposed every day (example - blood elf) to other people from your family and city screaming about how humans are evil and must die - would you stand up and disagree? Most likely not. You'd probably stand right there with them, screaming and waving your weapon/fist/flag.

Just my .02 worth.
Hey guys, while we're on the subject of Taurens...

Would Taurens do anthing different kissing wise?? I mean, I have a feeling that their Horns could be somewhat of a problem in one way or another if they're really long that is.

Would they do something similar to Orcs in that case? Or maybe even rub horns? (Lmao, stupid idea I know but)
hawk Wrote:Hey guys, while we're on the subject of Taurens...

Would Taurens do anthing different kissing wise?? I mean, I have a feeling that their Horns could be somewhat of a problem in one way or another if they're really long that is.

Would they do something similar to Orcs in that case? Or maybe even rub horns? (Lmao, stupid idea I know but)

There's already a topic discussing orcish relationships and another similar topic here. Those would be more appropriate places to pose this question.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Very helpful. Didn't know most of that in the post. I will defiantly be sure to refer to this when I interact with others.
[Image: cynical12492.png]
Fun and helpful quote directly from Blizz's official site:

Quote:High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, and they are descended from night elves. Nevertheless, the three groups do not share a close relationship due to their shared history and philosophical differences. Indeed, night elves regard high elves and blood elves with suspicion, disgust, or outright hostility.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
I´d like to give some attention on the OP due to happenings today.

The Factions are NOT easy going with each other.

Blood elves and trolls in, say Ironforge, will need a clear and realistic reason to be there. "I´m just chilling" or "explorating" are not sufficient to let the guards have you stumble around their city. I am sure you´d need to go to some authorities before they let you even move around without supervision.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Also keep in mind, that with their allied city being sieged, they would likely have had a jump up in suspiciousness and might even become afraid that the horde races will do the same as the renegade undead, they are after all allied with Forsaken.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I will state this now, as far as my character is concerned, this is not "optional" or "I'll only do it sometimes." This is the way he is. If you are Horde, and anything but a tauren or possibly an orc, he will shoot first and laugh later. This is the server lore - it is not there to "cramp your style" or to ignore; it's there. Expect to see it happen with more frequency. And if anyone is keen to get to that kind of rp, just let me know. I have no problem dishing out or taking knocks as needed - because another of Maeven's traits is he's not just going to get embroiled in a long philosophical discussion solely because people are secure in their belief that "you can't attack people without cause". He will just knock you on your butt, whether you believe you are "too low level" or not, whether you think OOCly that the odds are fair or not. That's just Maeven.

I bow to the fellow I attacked yesterday (which if you must know I wasn't expecting, I forgot the FFA meant that the worg was going to attack once summoned), as he did tell me he would have done the same in my place. So, whatever the uproar was about, the parties involved were fine with it. As should be, and I take my hat off to 'em.

And so, bring it! I've had some great rp so far, and looking forward to plenty more, but be forewarned; not everyone is a live-and-let-live type of character. Be careful in future. Just be thankful I'm not bringing back Silgren....
Live your own life; you die your own death
I have updated this topic!
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  c0rzilla's Short and Basic Guide to Worgen c0rzilla 14 4,331 03-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Notaris
  A Guide to Racial Prejudice in WoW Thoradin 43 12,892 03-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Paylonas
  The Golden Boys: A Guide to Goblin Geoni 16 9,288 07-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  SRET - Significant Racial Event Timeline BountyHunter 39 11,745 06-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  [Guide] Gilneas and You! Observations on the peninsula nation Xigo 16 7,739 06-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Alpharius