The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rensin's Guide to Inter-racial interactions
I was simply pointing out possibilities, my good sir.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
I was just trying to clear up the argument in a more comprehensive way. It seemed like the disagreement was over the player's perspective, which is really just up to the player him or herself. People can play the concepts they enjoy, and have the freedom to change their characters during play. The world is meant to be kept fairly standard for everyone, and that's where prejudices come into play more than in the player-character group.
Kag is exactly right. What I had written here (albeit extremely outdated) shows how -we- portray most races. You can foster things however you wish, as long as it's believable and well thought out.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rensin Wrote:well thought out.

This. I see people all the time saying it works because they want it to, yet they have no reasonable logic to why their character would ever do what they are doing.

Just saying.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
(11-13-2008, 10:51 PM)Cressy Wrote: But you should also take in consideration of people's backstories as well. Not everyone grew up around people whom talked down about the different races. I am not giving everyone this excuse, -but- it can happen.

Just my two cents. I understand that not everyone is going to love each other, but their are always special cases where some people are okay with -certain- people.

:/

Yeah.

I think you raise a good point here; I have a blood elf that I play who grew up primarily away from Silvermoon. For events that happened to her as an adult, she has come to dislike and distrust her own kind.

I say stereotypes are good because there's some truth in them, but they shouldn't dictate every character. If you have a reason for playing differently, go for it.

Everyone has raised very intersting and thought-provoking points in this thread, it has been a pleasure to read. :)
It's a good guide, that I feel, really needs a bump.
[Image: tumblr_m1dc8rDUHe1rn95k2o1_400.gif]
Gonna be re-vamping this whole thing. I think it really, really needs to be touched up, and brought to light once more.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(07-06-2008, 12:17 PM)Rensin Wrote: Gnomes:Being that they have lost their home, the Gnomes have come to call Dwarves their brothers. They are part of the old alliance, and would trust humans, and have a general mistrust of the Horde. This would come from years of fighting, as this would be their only interaction with them till recently.

WoWpedia Wrote:Gnomes are great friends of the Ironforge dwarves. They have been allies for generations and often exchange ideas and inventions. Their bond is so great that they live in many dwarven settlements including Ironforge itself. Gnomes have fought and died alongside human soldiers and have been readily welcomed in Stormwind City with open arms. They are wary of the high elves, but so is everyone else, so they don’t feel too bad about that. They battled the Horde in the Second War and have a bit of a grudge against orcs, but gnomes are a kindly and forgiving lot and are willing to give the orcs a second chance. Gnomes and goblins have always been rivals — though whether this rivalry is friendly or brutal depends on the individuals involved. Gnomes have not been on Kalimdor long enough to form proper opinions about its denizens. Tauren and night elves both seem rather rustic for gnome sensibilities — but they can make friends with anyone.

Should probably update this, too, while you're at it. Gnomes are pretty awesome.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  c0rzilla's Short and Basic Guide to Worgen c0rzilla 14 4,331 03-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Notaris
  A Guide to Racial Prejudice in WoW Thoradin 43 12,892 03-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Paylonas
  The Golden Boys: A Guide to Goblin Geoni 16 9,288 07-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  SRET - Significant Racial Event Timeline BountyHunter 39 11,745 06-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  [Guide] Gilneas and You! Observations on the peninsula nation Xigo 16 7,739 06-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Alpharius