The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rensin's Guide to Inter-racial interactions
Good job, Rensin.

I vouch this goes into the "Must Read Before Creating a Character" pile.
[Image: signature2-1.jpg]
I concur. All in favour?

AYE!
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Thing is, it's STILL not getting through. People are still attempting to give rationalisations as to why they are chummy with the other side, and I have no idea why. Come on, if you just want to sit about and chat with whomever, that's easier done in a IRC rp room.

This is NOT optional. This is server lore. Please, people, just follow on because it really blows it for everyone else when folks are playing against the lore and then have the audacity to get bent out of shape OOC when they're called out.
Live your own life; you die your own death
But you should also take in consideration of people's backstories as well. Not everyone grew up around people whom talked down about the different races. I am not giving everyone this excuse, -but- it can happen.

Just my two cents. I understand that not everyone is going to love each other, but their are always special cases where some people are okay with -certain- people.

:/

Yeah.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
I rather think the point the GMs have made is that unless you're tauren, it wouldn't happen that you were raised to love everyone. It just...wouldn't. So, if you want to play that, then roll a tauren.

"killing people who shouldn't be killed" according to whom? Everyone can die...expect that. If that's an issue, I'd refer to the "Character creation warning signs".

I refer again to several posts in the thread: creating a huge utopia where people bake together and hang out is NOT server lore. When people say their backstory okays this, this is usually AFTER they've already been approved. It certainly wouldn't have been approved on creation. Just because a character hits level 70 doesn't mean they have a free pass to do as they please. People have been delevelled in the past for flying in the face of lore. The GMs giveth, and they can taketh away.

If you want to "get on", everyone create the same race and rp that way. It will simplify things considerably and everyone can be shiny happy together. But at least it won't make the GM's eyes twitch as badly as now.
I agree with you to the extent that it -can- happen, but the likelyness of it happening is very, -very- slim.

And with a majority of the characters now-a-days being so acceptive of everything, the chances are getting slimmer and slimmer.

It's again, losing the War aspect. And really, I don't think I wanna play a game called "World of Arts'n'crafts!"

Edit: You being Cressentia.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Actually Maeven, MINE was approved knowing that my character had never spoken or seen anyone till the day her and her mother were attacked by an Orc. Cressy does have a large distaste for orcs now, but she didn't know better not to like the other races. -shrugs- If a GM had a problem with my RP story I do not think they would have approved it.

-shrugs- I am just putting my two cents in like I previously stated. I am not saying I am right but, -shrugs- who knows.

Yeah.

Look, all I'm saying here is....

Give hate a chance.
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
I agree with a majority of what Maev says. Honestly, if someone said FLATOUT in their profile they they were cool with whomever is just "nice" to them, or that they are tolerant of all races, or even listed races they are not usually subjected too, I wouldn't just think twice about approving it, I'd flat out deny it.

I cannot speak for the other GMs on this, but I -think- the feeling is mutual between all of us.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Yes, sometimes leaving things vague so it can be argued "Well it was okayed!" works to some benefit...but just wriggling between the rules isn't something that isn't going to be noticed.

Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem with hanging out with other faction pals if it was played properly; if players were aware that this would make them pariahs to their own race, shunned and scorned. If people weren't so open about it and start waxing philosophical about we should all be tolerant and that Forsaken are people too, then it might be believable. Go on the run. Stay out of sight; deal with being called traitor and play it so that it isn't like some feelgood movie for the holidays, and THAT would work.

But the way it's being done now, doesn't work at all. Rensin wouldn't have posted the bloody guide in the first place if this wasn't an issue, and it wasn't driving people nuts. Again, NOT optional. Just deal with it and create characters to suit. It's not that difficult surely.
Rensin Wrote:It's again, losing the War aspect. And really, I don't think I wanna play a game called "World of Arts'n'crafts!"

You're making me scared now.

Ahem.

Racism and discrimination are both real IC issues that have been ignored time and time again. I agree with Maeven on the part that every character can and will die, I think, in my own theory that -that- plays a part as to why people create characters that are so accepting.

They create a lovable character. They are afraid of the lovable character dying off. They decide to make the lovable character tolerant of everything and passive to the WAR, DRAMA, and TRAGEDIES that happened and are still happening.

I could be wrong, I could be right, we'll probably never know, a theory.

It seems to me that the majority are more interested in engaging in an "IC popularity contest" I.E. trying to gather up as many friends as they can rather than joining in the struggles and battles of the land.

This is -not- a wrong thing, don't get me wrong, this happens in real life, but CoTH does not have 6 billion people like real life, so balancing out things in a certain area is ALWAYS an issue, if this inter-racial tolerance balance isn't sorted out soon.

We'll find ourselves coming on everyday into a world where the Forsaken and Draenei hold hands, weave friendship baskets, while the Legion can be seen in the background, pillaging, then stop to drink tea with some humans.

Balance.
I feel like I am speaking to a wall right now.

I will give you in game examples.

Why would Krent and Slash be all buddy buddy?

Why would Timil and Alistus associate and gang up against the alliance together?

Why would the group of Cartel's be happy and drugged up together if it wasn't allowed?

I am just saying things do happen.

Yeah.

That falls in to the Neutral pile. It differs by far from what's been going on lately.
Slash and Krent are 'dating', actually Friedrich.

Edit:
I am dropping this now. If you guys feel the need to continue this then all is well. I just don't feel like being ganged up on anymore. I am saying now that if someone wants me to re-make my characters; -any of them- then I will. I did not realize that everyone would do this.

If you would like to continue this, -please- send me a private tell. I don't feel that we should spam this thread with this any longer.

Goodnight.
Krent and Slash belong to the Steamwheedle cartel.

Alistus and Timil are part of a well thought out group, that has a -lot- of lore backing. The Apothecary society -does- bring people back from the dead. Timil, who is a gnome Warlock, obviously, since he is a warlock, isn't a person to play nice. They share a common interest that makes sense, and -actually- whose to say that their intentions are not -completely- selfish? I'm sorry, but that group isn't the "Accepting" type.

The Cartel is a -lore- group. They ARE multi-racial.

Edit: Also, please don't bent out of shape about this. This isn't a personal attack on anyone, and shouldn't be taken as such.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  c0rzilla's Short and Basic Guide to Worgen c0rzilla 14 4,331 03-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Notaris
  A Guide to Racial Prejudice in WoW Thoradin 43 12,892 03-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Paylonas
  The Golden Boys: A Guide to Goblin Geoni 16 9,288 07-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  SRET - Significant Racial Event Timeline BountyHunter 39 11,745 06-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  [Guide] Gilneas and You! Observations on the peninsula nation Xigo 16 7,739 06-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Alpharius