The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rensin's Guide to Inter-racial interactions
The Alliance and the Horde right now -still- have a rocky relationship, despite previous efforts to unite against the Scourge. There would be multiple predjudice, and friendships, and even aquantances would be rare beyond the realm of one's race, not just their faction.

This, is a guide to depict how the typical character would feel.

Alliance Races: Side note. MOST Alliance races see bloodelves as, well. Traitors. This is due to them -deserting- their allies for what was percieved to be a bad reason.

Humans: With all the war in the past, this young race would recognize most, if not all Horde races as enemies. It wasn't that long ago they made a shakey attempt to branch out, and be a -little- more relaxed with the Horde. However, this could be upset at any time, and with current storylines, -is- being upset.

In addition, the humans see the undead as a sad, if not angering reminder of what has happened in the past. The Forsaken are a reminder of a brother city. A city that had fallen, and became something that is now and abomination.

When concerning Blood Elves, humans see them as traitors as much as Bloodelves see THEM as traitors. It's not unusual for a human to threaten a bloodelf. IT IS UNUSUAL, TO THE POINT OF OSTRICISM FOR A HUMAN TO BE TOLERANT OF A BLOODELF.

Night Elves:Typically a race that is un-accepting of most other races, including those in it's alliance. Before a little over seven to eight years ago, they were not even part of the Alliance. Currently, the storyline is, they are very unnerved by events, and are generally quick to mistrust -anyone- for -any- reason. They have -severe- and instilled hate for bloodelves, high elves, and trolls. This is do to a xenophobia not unlike that of trolls.

Gnomes:Being that they have lost their home, the Gnomes have come to call Dwarves their brothers. They are part of the old alliance, and would trust humans, and have a general mistrust of the Horde. This would come from years of fighting, as this would be their only interaction with them till recently.

Dwarves:A hardy race, and probably the most likely to accept others as long as they drink. They love wild parties, but however, like most races that consider themselves to have a religion, they would be extremely offended by undead, which is probably the only race they would not think twice about.

Draenei:This race of Space Paladins would most likely come into beleiving the efforts of the Alliance, seeing them as the less barbaric alliance of the two. With the Orcs, there would be a severe mistrust, and with the undead, again, no questions asked, they would try to exterminate them. This would be brought on by the fact that they are a mostly Lawful-Good race. Also, they are quite non-tolerant of the Bloodelves.

This race is more hateful than people give them credit for.

Horde Races: Note, the Horde is quite mistrustful of it's ally, the Forsaken, and to bit of a lighter extend, the bloodelves.

Orcs:Orc respect power. They respect intelligence. They have a long history of honor, and respect amongst elders. However, given the fact that humans had once enslaved them, they would be quick to mistrust any actions a human would do.

Trolls:Trolls, are just not to friendly most of the time. They tend to squabble amongst themselves, let alone with other races. However, the Darkspears are faithful to the Orcs.

Tauren:The most widely accepted, and accepting, race in Azeroth. The biggest reason for becoming Horde was because of Thrall helping them push out the Centaur. They would consider themselves to be faithful followers of the Orcs, however, with their ties to the Night Elves, would be accepting of them as well. Unless they had a personal reason to dislike a certain race, normally, they wouldn't. However, they see dwarves, and a lot of other races that are tech/mining/land destroying driven, as rapists of nature. This tends to lead them to be a bit more hostile to Goblins, Gnomes, and Dwarves.

Forsaken:Foresaken are typically a Chaotic Evil/Lawful evil race. They do -not- trust anything that lives. Period. They have fortified their main city, and set up the Deathguards to chase out most races. This is not discriminatory to either Horde or Alliance. ((Sidenote: Just for a reminder, the alliance between the Horde and Forsaken has been very, -very- shakey. So for Alliance races to not tolerate them outright is not strange at all.))

Bloodelves:Here is a shocker. Bloodelves hate humans. They want them to die. They blame them for all of their problems. As well as for destruction of their city. It would be very, -very- rare for a Bloodelf to go into a human city, let alone try and be friendly while in one. -In- addition, Bloodelves -despise- anyplace that isn't their home. To them, Silvermoon is the mecha of style, and poshness. They'd be disgusted in most towns, and probably wouldn't travel to them.

OTHER FACTIONS/RACES!
Yes! There is more out there than just your typical Alliance and Horde. This section will go over these.

Deathknights/Ebon Blade: Deathknights hate most of the living. Much like the Forsaken, they tend to keep to themselves, in their group called the Ebon Blade. However, they do pledge loyalty to their respective faction from their previous life (Humans to Alliance, Orcs to the Horde, ect.), but it's sort of a fickle relationship. Among their hate, they also seem to hate THEMSELVES quite a fair bit, even more than the Forsaken. Other's would have a hard time trusting Deathknights as well... to most, they are a sign of what has been lost and turned against them in the wake of the Lich King.

The Steamwheedle Cartel: Probably the most shifty and ruthless organization, the Cartel is a group of shrewd bussinessmen too clouded with the need for money to give two cares about petty race squabbles. They are very open, as long as you can make money. Lately they -seem- to be leaning towards the Horde, especially since the incident with Ratchet, however, they will tell you that "If you can make money, you're welcome. If not, I'll take your fingers as payment."

It should be noted here too that the Cartel is a GOBLIN organization. Goblins generally mistrust Gnomes, however this doesn't stop them from working with them or allowing them to move up the ladder. Most squabbles are over who's technology is more supperior. However, there are a few that go as far as to get into fights over this.

***Extra special sidenote, pertaining to ALL races! Remember folks, this guideline is a STRONG motivator to how we GMs have NPCs act! That being said, OOC interactions with people should -never ever ever- have any sway on how your character acts.

With that, if you are afraid of offending someones Belf by being racist towards them, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR. Roll a belf instead of being friendly with them on your Draenei/Human/Dwarf/Nightelf mohawk.

Have fun kiddies!
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I support this message.
Thank you, SO much for posting this.
Muy bueno!
˜★Sketch Blog
Bishnak Wrote:I support this message.

Agree.
I agree 100%! Especially with the blood elf thing. [ Insert rant ]
I'll also point out that the Blood Elves hate the Night Elves, the Night Elves hate the Blood Elves, and the Blood Elves hate the High Elves (in the rare occasion that they would run into one), too.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
While I support this for the most part, I do have a few questions:

1) Why were Draenei being run out of Goldshire, while being called Freaks, Abominations, and goatmen?

2) If you follow this to its natural conclusion, why even HAVE the reborn shard system, or the cross faction inn?

I am in agreement that a lot of lines were being blurred, just not sure I agree with how this was handled.
finagle67 Wrote:While I support this for the most part, I do have a few questions:

1) Why were Draenei being run out of Goldshire, while being called Freaks, Abominations, and goatmen?

2) If you follow this to its natural conclusion, why even HAVE the reborn shard system, or the cross faction inn?

I am in agreement that a lot of lines were being blurred, just not sure I agree with how this was handled.

#1: Although I'm not sure of the situation, I suspect that's because of an in-character reaction. It really doesn't hold much in an out of character discussion, but if someone feels like addressing that, they will.

#2: I can't say a lot for the first part, the system seems to be being abused a LOT. As far as cross-faction inns (there's a lot of them), they are in areas that are neutral. Not strictly Horde or Alliance areas.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Fair enough, on both counts. It was an odd situation all around.
This whole, Draenei being run out thing, I don't really know about that, other than there has been a bunch of conflict witht the characters. I could be that they are running out certain people that are trying to resist.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

It was because the ones present were trying to defend the races being ran out. With movements like these, the ripple effect tends to happen.
˜★Sketch Blog
finagle67 Wrote:2) If you follow this to its natural conclusion, why even HAVE the reborn shard system, or the cross faction inn?

In addition to what others have said, we see the need for races to mix at times. It's one of the unique things a private server brings to the table that official servers do not, and it's particularly important when faction balance is heavily slanted one way or another (as typically happens with Alliance out-numbering Horde.)

However, a certain amount of realism needs to be maintained. If Mr. Blood Elf walks into Goldshire and no one blinks an eye, something is wrong. In addition, if Mr. Blood Elf walks into Goldshire and doesn't expect a hostile response from anyone, then something is wrong. Mixing to a limited degree is fine, but when it's so commonplace and accepted that the racial tension no longer exists, people have gone too far.

Regardless...in addition to Rensin's guide, keep in mind that many races have particularly dim views of another particular race:

1. Tauren have a very low opinion of Dwarves, seeing them as rapists of the land (seen in a number of their quests in Mulgore and the Barrens.) It's not a stretch to assume they'd have a similar view of Gnomes, for much the same reason.

2. The two different types of Elves hate each other. I shouldn't need to go into why, it's in their history.

3. Trolls tend to hate most anything, yes, but they ESPECIALLY hate Elves. With a passion. It's generally assumed that the Darkspears only tolerate the Blood Elves because they have to.

4. Humans obviously don't like Undead. This should make sense...you're looking at something that was once human, but is now dead. And rotting. But still walking. It's very, very unnerving.

5. Draenei still blame the Orcs for what happened on Draenor. Shouldn't need to go further than that, but if there's any race that the Draenei really despise, it's Orcs.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
What I feel is going is that people think that if their character is such a sweetheart to everyone ICly then they'll better intermingle with the community and gain friends but they not act truely as their character would have them.
[Image: Untitled-332.png]
Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! Sasail nails it right on the head.

Mini-rant time. People think that if their character is the overly friendly type everyone will love them and they're be able to avoid conflict. Or so that's what I thought. Lately I've noticed a horrible trend of people being overly 'friendly' if you know what I mean. And if you don't know I'll tell you.

People. Have. Been. eRPing. In. Broad. Daylight.

I'm usually not one for getting upset at different forms of rp, be it fighting or just talking or adventuring or just sitting around, waiting for the laundry to be done. But seriously! I don't want to be running around Ashenvale and suddenly see a post about someone's "Glistening *censored*". I am not the only one who is becoming rather upset with the new crowd we've been getting and their, pardon the term, Ballsyness at eRPing in highly public places and the attitude they've put forth when someone even criticizes a very tiny tiny thing. There are very many other issues that I want to bring forth but that is not my place as just a player.

If you do not know who I'm talking about, if you were offended by this, IT IS YOU!!

I can honestly say I am glad I am going on vacation tomorrow to take a break from this overflowing of... immaturity.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  c0rzilla's Short and Basic Guide to Worgen c0rzilla 14 4,331 03-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Notaris
  A Guide to Racial Prejudice in WoW Thoradin 43 12,892 03-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Paylonas
  The Golden Boys: A Guide to Goblin Geoni 16 9,288 07-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  SRET - Significant Racial Event Timeline BountyHunter 39 11,745 06-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  [Guide] Gilneas and You! Observations on the peninsula nation Xigo 16 7,739 06-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Alpharius