The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Reputation/Faction Gear
I was wondering if...there was a way to possibly remove the reputation requirement on most of the faction rep.

I personally don't want to spend hours grinding faction rep just to wear these sweet boots that are one of a kind in its model. (Amazing right?)
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Yeah, same with the faction mounts like the war hippogryph and the nether-drakes.
I think it should stay in.
Then once you have the required rep you know you have something not to many will have.
And that alone makes the hours and hours and hours worthy enough for the grinding.
But, I don't come here to grind faction-rep. I come here to RP. I really could careless if eighty-bajillion other leather wearers have the same boots/outfit as me.
I also dare to bet most of the quests are bugged.
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
If you want it really badly to use in RP or "need" it for your IC character.
You'll grind it. because it's worthy to grind for then.
From factions items that require raid runs to gain rep I understand.
But from faction items you can get rep for just by killing and doing quests.
I see no reason at all to why removing required rep from those items.
The fact is though, not too many people here want to grind hours for an item, if we can have it without the grinding. Grinding gets boring and it wastes time on something we can spend on RP.

I support this idea.
Northrend mobs did not (I do not know if they still do but as of last week they didn't) give any loot or reb. Plus as Roobald said most of the quests are bugged.

I was planning on tokening the gear anyways, but you can't use it unless you have the proper reputation. There goes a lot of things that would be useful for RP; mounts, clothing, weapons, patterns, etc.
Yes, grinding mobs to exalted on any faction would take forever. And Roobald is probably right about the quests being bugged. And if they are, it would be far easier just to get rid of faction requirements than to fix those quests.
Grinding boring?
Oh. I never been bored of grinding when the reward is sweet ^^
I think challenges should remain in the game to make sure we don't grow to lazy.
Factions wouldn't see a stranger and give them stuff, you need to earn it.
Andrasia Wrote:Factions wouldn't see a stranger and give them stuff, you need to earn it.

What she said ^^
True Andrasia, but the reputation bars are OOC, like levels and abbilities.

We found an alternative, though Minoco is willing to grind the mobs for us! :P
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
Well the server is not like retail most of the quests don't work which make getting faction gear impossible. Also it's not like your getting items from the faction Icly. It's just a model which suits your character.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
Respectfully, faction reputation restrictions on armor have little or nothing to do with the IC faction of your character. I believe there shouldn't be restrictions on this armor based on reputation, seeing as most people will never be able to get the rep for them, and if they do it would be OOC rep with an IC faction.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Faction-bound Add RP items Jaella 5 1,240 05-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Jaella
  Unobtainable gear Adam255 6 1,519 06-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Adam255
  Fishing gear. Ural 3 1,032 04-16-2011, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Ural
  Belbi's Goggles as starter gear. Jurkey 4 1,190 02-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Miah
  DK Gear Caediath 6 1,556 02-19-2010, 04:28 AM
Last Post: Kretol