The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Reputation/Faction Gear
Most factions just need a mob you can kill to get 1 / 5 / 10 or sometimes even 25 rep per kill.
Just go on a killing spree.
But only the factions that need a raid run are troublesome.
And with not a single faction ALL quests are bugged,
there is always atleast one quest you can repeat.

And I think as Andrasia mentioned, we should see factions as IC.
(one mentioned hyppogryth mount, I strongly stand by you need to good rep to get that because removing rep from that will make it easy to own but near impossible to justify to have ICly)

Now after some thinking I have come to a middle in between.
all items that need honored or revered will only need friendly,
all items that need exalted will need honored.
this means a lot of work for Kretol and you still need to grind some if you really want that item.
don't be to lazy, you don't RP 24/7
You should work some if you really want an item that requires rep.
OOC grinding does not equal IC reputation. And about the hippogryph thing, not just people who are well known with the Druids of Outland would be able to get a hippogryph. Any night elf could get one from a breeder in Ashenvale.
Like I said before Minoco, most of these quests are broken and you can't get faction from killing mobs in most of the Northrend instances. But I am going to drop this until Kretol feels like reading this.

I grinded this specific factions rep on retail, and it took more than a week of grinding a few hours a day. I am not doing it again.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Still I don't like it cuz there -would- be some out there that would be like "I need Ogre rep for this cool shield!" *Gives rep* "Cool thanks!" *Catches said player doing IC stuff with the ogres because of said rep change* "Uh...wudya doing?" "You gave me the rep!" "That was for OOC use only." "Well I already started my RP *Whines*"
But reputation has nothing to do with IC standing. I'm honored with Honor Hold does that make me like some sort of honored guest... No it doesn't and if people do think that they haven't read the rules.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
The request here is remove all rep requirements from items
so you need not a single rep point in that faction to own that item.
This will take ages for Kretol to apply to all items,
in that time you yourself could have gained atleast 3/4 of the needed rep.
But you rather have Kretol work for it,
some items I can easelly understand
some factions I can understand too because the raids are simply impossible to do.
But I believe you still need some rep with that faction to get wanted items
instead of being able to get it for just a few gold coins or a silver token.
Tales23 Wrote:But reputation has nothing to do with IC standing. I'm honored with Honor Hold does that make me like some sort of honored guest... No it doesn't and if people do think that they haven't read the rules.
Exactly, but there will be some who would think that.
Andrasia Wrote:
Tales23 Wrote:But reputation has nothing to do with IC standing. I'm honored with Honor Hold does that make me like some sort of honored guest... No it doesn't and if people do think that they haven't read the rules.

Even so, There will always be people who think like that, no? But either way. I don't think it affects all too much. Because I don't need/want any items with faction requirements. But some people would, and I think it's a good idea, personally.
Well I don't really see how this will cause any problems I mean people can do that anyway but they don't.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
Andrasia Wrote:

This is why I came with lowering rep needed instead of removing it in all.
Factions are still somewhat IC.
And items that are Exalted more often then not are unique to that faction be it IC or OOC.
So lowering rep in my eyes is better then removing it in all.
From honored and revered just needing to be friendly. and from exalted to honored.
Friendly is still fully OOC with that one faction, they just don't kill you on sight.
Honored is slightly IC with that faction, thay know you, nothing more.
So you should only get stuff that are exalted when you have reasons ICly to be linked to that faction atleast in a slight way.
This is how I see things
Andrasia Wrote:Still I don't like it cuz there -would- be some out there that would be like "I need Ogre rep for this cool shield!" *Gives rep* "Cool thanks!" *Catches said player doing IC stuff with the ogres because of said rep change* "Uh...wudya doing?" "You gave me the rep!" "That was for OOC use only." "Well I already started my RP *Whines*"

What was meant is that you can eliminate the need to even have rep for such items. You get rid of the requirement so that anyone can use the item regardless of rep.

To Minoco, what gear you have has little or nothing to do with what faction you belong to. If you like the look of some sort of boots, that doesn't mean you're a Cenarion whatsoever, it just means you have nice boots. Tabards are completely different, but high-end rep armor that makes sense on your character shouldn't be inaccessible just because it requires exalted with <Those People Over There>.
If things go unchanged as Kretol won't do it
which I highly understand with the work that comes with it to realize this request.

Then I have no trouble at all with it and keep on using the other items in the game to get my RP outfit complete. and grind/request rep if I really want an item that needs exalted.

If my way on rep lowering is applied.

Then I would be really happy as then you still need to do something to get an item you really want.

If all rep requirements are removed as this request is for.

Then I will abuse it and get all the items I want and just try to seek a way to justify owning them ICly. -this is me being lazy-
I don't know if that was meant to be funny or not. O.o

But I agree with Kaghuros here. They didn't build World of Warcraft for roleplayers. But since we do RP here, we must really think about OOC/IC relations. JUST because it says 'Cenarion boots'. Doesn't mean they are owned by the Cenarion Circle, or that they should ICly require it. It's just a style, and a name blizzard chose.
Kaelvan Wrote:I don't know if that was meant to be funny or not. O.o

But I agree with Kaghuros here. They didn't build World of Warcraft for roleplayers. But since we do RP here, we must really think about OOC/IC relations. JUST because it says 'Cenarion boots'. Doesn't mean they are owned by the Cenarion Circle, or that they should ICly require it. It's just a style, and a name blizzard chose.

If they are named "Cenarion Boots" you proberbly killed a Cenarion person for it
and stole it from his body as he no longer had need for it.
Fully understandable and justified way of owning it without having any rep.
This is if you are horde or anything that usually has no link to those people.
Item names still count ICly.

But earlier there was talk on gaining a mount without needed rep.
A completelly different story there.
Very hard to justify owning IC so rep requirement I fully support on this one.
So, If I go kill Illidan OOCly, and he drops his Warglaives, does that mean I have them ICly? Blizzard chose random names for things, and set them accordingly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Faction-bound Add RP items Jaella 5 1,240 05-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Jaella
  Unobtainable gear Adam255 6 1,519 06-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Adam255
  Fishing gear. Ural 3 1,032 04-16-2011, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Ural
  Belbi's Goggles as starter gear. Jurkey 4 1,190 02-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Miah
  DK Gear Caediath 6 1,556 02-19-2010, 04:28 AM
Last Post: Kretol