The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Respect for the "New" and inexperienced
(01-09-2015, 10:54 AM)Geoni Wrote: New players are really important and nobody should think otherwise if they want the population to survive!

Donate now to fund captive breeding efforts that may one day restore the wild newbie to its natural habitat.
(01-09-2015, 11:18 AM)Kaghuros Wrote:
(01-09-2015, 10:54 AM)Geoni Wrote: New players are really important and nobody should think otherwise if they want the population to survive!

Donate now to fund captive breeding efforts that may one day restore the wild newbie to its natural habitat.

We need newbie poachers.

...Which sounds like a good thing. People that actually take noobs under their wings and stuff. That's a thing we have, right? A really, really underused thing?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

The Mentors.

But that system is still awaiting suggestions and reform, since the previous system was flawed. (And not a lot of people wanted to be Mentors.)

Nothing is stopping people from doing it without the badge, though!
(01-09-2015, 11:27 AM)Loxmardin Wrote: The Mentors.

But that system is still awaiting suggestions and reform, since the previous system was flawed. (And not a lot of people wanted to be Mentors.)

Nothing is stopping people from doing it without the badge, though!

I'm willing to challenge that, @Loxmardin in a good way. There was this one fellow named Amadeus, maybe he signed up awhile ago but anywho -- Amadeus was a 'newbie' so to speak, and he was fluent in both Polska and English. He was nervous, like I was, and he reached out to me because of a signature I had at the time with the polish flag, lol. He didn't know what to do or where to think, but with my newbish experience I helped him get around and we explored the server and forums as newbs together. It has been a long while since I've seen him, but he was a good person. I felt empowered whilst humble, knowing I helped someone and made a difference in the long run. That newbie could possibly be one of the next big characters everyone knows. And I didn't need a badge to do it. B)

Witam @Amadeus !
Spoiler:
THERE IS NO POINT TO BE ALIVE, IF YOU CAN'T DO DEADLIFT.
[Image: jon_pall_sigmarsson_b35428d97635b2e7c405...2df3c3.gif]

Spoiler:
[Image: SQ0XvlU.gif]
We were all newbies at one point. That much is always true. I try my best to nab the newbies and tuck them under my frills wing. Matter of fact, I just got an idea to suggest in the mentor reform. Onwards I shall go to post there!

Anyways, gotta share the newbie love. Never know who could be the next big thing!
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
There's always going back to the referral system, but that's requiring more from the newbie too. Although I'd be worried about the friendliness of CotH if a newbie wasn't able to get a referral for gruntship.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
(01-09-2015, 04:34 PM)Geoni Wrote: There's always going back to the referral system, but that's requiring more from the newbie too. Although I'd be worried about the friendliness of CotH if a newbie wasn't able to get a referral for gruntship.

The referral system had a problem with it---a big one. It really affected the quality of the server, especially with the idea of "Shit rolls down hill", basically. Plus it -really- makes the other peons only want to RP with Grunts. To the point where they'd ask for grunts only.

It was one of our worst systems. :p
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Yeah I found it really intimidating when I was new, even if I had my own circle at that time. There's no way to really make it work. I more or less think it's a part of the gruntship questionnaire that I like to see filled out more, or with more people - the part regarding the people who helped them out. I find it disheartening when there are no name drops there.
[Image: anim_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chastising and Respect: Jonoth Revisits His Third Commandment Jonoth 4 1,541 08-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  On respect. Raven776 10 1,922 07-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Cressy
  Respect. Bishnak 1 1,076 05-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Proxy