The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Retail Downers
Seeing that many of us are from retail servers, most of us have seen many characters/situations that don't make sense according to the Lore. An example, of mine, would be:

-A player run council that runs Stormwind. The council consisting of a Gnome chairman, a Dwarf, and three Death Knights.

What characters and/or situations have you all seen that don't make sense?
(Please, no names also. This is supposed to be sort of humorous too.)
The blood daughter of Kael'thas.

...Did I mention she was a Forsaken from birth as well?
[Image: Zf6X.gif][Image: 3vBq.gif][Image: q3iX.gif][Image: 5rVk.gif]
Mah babehs. I'm watchin' you, government.
I saw once, that apparently Silvermoon was run by one man, and then he eventually was given position as the leader of everything, Stormwind, Undercity, Thunder, Orgrim, all that jazz. It was quite humerous when every person who played a peasant (Not many, mind you. Everyone was all super-duper-power-ranger). Told him to shut up.

I remember someone told us, over barrenschat. That some girl had 'and is irrasistable', in her Flag, I want to hear that story again. /salute'

Oh, and to your Kael'thas daughter, Someone RP'd a blood elf, as Illidan' daughter, and her best friend was Kael'thas daughter, and Illidan's supposed daughter married Arthas' brother. True story.
I remember on the Sha´tar (EU) that there was a whole guild (can´t remember the name) that was dedicated to blood elf vampire roleplaying, not the sparkling kind but still.

And then there were the sand elves.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Oh god, the Sand Elves. Worshippers of the Land Shark.

I saw Land Shark worshippers too...That was an awkward day. Dx
Scarlet Crusade, for a while, there were people on that server with the most retarded things...

One person claimed to have owned Karazhan and all of that area. Oh and he was a Night Elf, he also mentioned he built it from scratch...

Another one I saw was someone claiming that they helped Azshara bring the Burning Legion to Azeroth.... which -was- plausible until I add in the fact that he was an Orc...

And I RP'd as the bastard child of Rivendare, all for the shits n' giggles.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Scarlet Crusade guilds on every server. (lolmikaylus)
WHERE THE LEADER HAS BRIGHT WHITE GLOWING EYES BENEATH HIS HELM CLAIMING TO BE ASHBRINGER INCARNATE.

A mage claiming to be the daughter of Jaina and Arthas. She even had a little heart-shaped locket with a picture of the two in a loving embrace.

Darknest guilds.

Silvermoon roleplay. The Horde equivalent of Goldshire roleplay.
"hai2u milady how r u this fien evning?????/"

Pseudo-elitist "roleplay" guilds that claim to be the best roleplay guild on the server yet somehow think that it's okay to play as the younger brothers/sisters of Fandral Staghelm and have steamy druid furry catform /emote yiffsex in the middle of Starbreeze Village and sincerely expect nobody to care, nor notice. (i.e. All of Moon Guard.)

Getting crossfaction half-threats for PVP camping said Druids after your guild's Darnassus raid. (Oh wait, that's a picker-upper.)
[Image: lonely.jpg]

REALLY REALLY BAD FLAGRSP DESCRIPTIONS OH MY CHRIST.
[Image: bio1.jpg]
[Image: bio2.jpg]
[Image: bio3.jpg]

Getting banned. :(
[Image: oops.jpg]
[corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][tr=0][th=4]Character Information[/th][/tr][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][td=1,]Name[/td][td=1,]Affiliation[/td][td=1,]Status[/td][td=1,]Title[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Ivy Killinger[/td][td=1,]The Lodestone Company[/td][td=1,]Inebriated[/td][td=1,]Drunken Fightin' Wench[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Uulari[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Seer[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Vyrsallia Scythefall[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Guttersnipe and Ne'erdowell[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners]
[Image: badge.jpg]
I'm a Shaman? Really? Huh.
Oh! That reminds me.

Getting youself banned by forgetting your password and thinking someone hacked your account, that was fun week, heh.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I've seen a Night Elf druid RP Illidan's son..who even had two brothers.- He -never- died.

A guild on Kirin Tor dedicated to being overpowered vampires.

Ooh, also outside Silvermoon on Moonguard one day two Taurens ERPed.

LOL LOL LOL
[Image: badge.jpg]
"Though many might consider you bigoted, you're driven by your strong beliefs and no one can prove you wrong."
This was submitted as an application for a roleplay guild on one of the live servers. Name and guild names removed to protect some dignity.

Quote:Hello there! I travel from a distant land, I am known as ***** Menethil the Third, a descendent of King Terenas Menthil the second, although many just call me *****.

Since earlier than I can remember, my father, Arthas himself as rumor has it, although I will never truly know who my father was being as that my mother was killed very early on in my childhood, raised me. He taught me the ways of his followers, and servants, the Death Knights. Not until recently was I able to break free from the bondage of service and join the mighty Horde... But that is a tale for another time...

After I broke free from the iron grip of my father, I desperately needed gold to survive and flourish. I took up mining, although difficult, has recently paid off with my discovery of one of the largest chunks of titanium ever to be discovered on the face of Azeroth! That was one big, big payout... Unfortunately, I've used most of the gold on ale, and rum, but with the remainder of my profits I decided to start up my own engineering shop.

I've tried out many different clans, and tribes before applying to this one. The ******** ******** was my home for many a few days, then I found it best to move on to a tribe named Death Knights which has recently had a name change to ***** ***** due to the discrimination laws in place in the district of Orgrimmar... Damn orcs! Since then I found it better to start my own clan, which I named *****, we had a steady 50 souls, I mean uhm... bodies, no wait.. members! - thats the word I was looking for... Everything was going well until we decided to raid a town by the name of So.. Sout... ,*sits with legs criss crossed, and thinks,* oh, South Shore I believe it was called, but anyways, back to the story. We got together, and started to buff, and plan out our plan of attack. What we didn't know was that one of our members, by the name of ******* was taking a quick potty break in a nearby tree and didn't have the chance to overhear our conversation, so him being the Troll he is, just ran past us all and went for the flight master... By then it was to late, we had no choice... We had to attack! So we followed, and we fought... And we died... Luckily there was a Undead priest riding by looking for fresh human meat, so she revived me, but sadly, she had no mana left for the rest of my group, and that was the end of *******.

The greatest trial I've faced in my life as a Blood Elf, would have to be my adolescent years... Let me start with saying how big of a klutz I was. There was this troll, his name was *****, and he was the starting quarterback for our school's football team. One day, while I was in archery class, I picked up my bow, and armed myself with a arrow. I was ready to shoot the target when all of a sudden this stupid condor flew by and decided to go to the bathroom on my hair! I accidently let the arrow go and it flew straight through the air... I thought I was safe as I saw it go through the trees, until I heard a loud yelp, which sounded closely like this, "Mon whad in da wold!?! Ho just shod dis here arro at me???" And then it came to my head... The football team was running laps today for the big game after school, and they just so happened to be running it behind the targets, on the track... I felt so embarrassed.. I tried to apologize, but he didn't want to talk to me anymore *tear*...

My goals lie mostly in advancing myself in the mastery of my class, and my current spec (frost - for tanking). As far as other goals, I don't yet have others set ahead of me.

I enjoy the friendly faces, the crazy parties at Booty Bay *smiles*, the fun raids on South shore (Don't let the small down look fool you!) the beautiful scenery of Ashenvale, and the blood spatter of Alliance along the foothills of Goldshire *twitches* I'm okay!

I have read the Code of Conduct, and I agree with all that is written. Let it be written. Let it be done...

I wish I could make this up. I smiled all day.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Qaza, after reading all that...

I started crying. Not just a single tear, I mean, downpour of tears laughing.
OH GAWD OH MAN OH GAWD OH MAN

Hmm. Let's see. I had one run in on a private server, but it's still bad nonetheless. Aaaanyways; A blood Elf who also happened to be a Qiraji Goddess in mortal form. I swear to you, it was a sad sack of an RP because it gets worse. The Qiraji Goddess made sure everyone know she was one and as funny as it sounds, took orders from a Blood Elf robot who happened to be the guild leader. I was just playing a run of the mill Blood Elf paladin and was in fact in the guild. My character got into a fight with another character who had the soul spirit of an ancient demon in her that possessed her. Oh yes, this is all oh so true. I'll tell you one thing. That demonlord possessed b***h knows not to **** with a normal Paladin who knows lore.
Retail also has a frightening amount of ebay players. Now this problem isn't as bad as it used to be, but this story is from back when I played on Earthen Ring. Which was my first server, as well. We are a bunch of mid 30 levels, and we decide against all common sense to go to Gnomeregan. However, we were two tanks and a healer, and had no damage (strange as it sounds). A level 60 warlock asked to come along so he could "gear up" as he put it.

As we got there, we noticed that he only used the first warlock attack, nothing else at all. And his pet was the imp.
We asked him to cast a SS on the healer, and he asked "what's SS??". We explained that he needed to use a shard to soulstone another player, and he began going "wtf is shards?? i didn't buy any of those"

A moment later he began opening the trade with us, asking for money so he could go outside and buy some soulstones. We explained it a few times and he didn't understand anything, so we booted him and found a hunter. (The warlock sent us all death threats over the mail system and tells, as well)

The hunter, as expected, allowed his pet to drag the entire instance on us, and we gave up. I saw the warlock a couple of months later in the highest ranked PVP guild on the server.
On my retail server, Moon Guard, there was a sad few that actually Role Play as Eredar then run around insulting guards and slapping people in the Cathedral. Just another example I'm ashamed of.
waffenbaum Wrote:Retail also has a frightening amount of ebay players. Now this problem isn't as bad as it used to be, but this story is from back when I played on Earthen Ring. Which was my first server, as well. We are a bunch of mid 30 levels, and we decide against all common sense to go to Gnomeregan. However, we were two tanks and a healer, and had no damage (strange as it sounds). A level 60 warlock asked to come along so he could "gear up" as he put it.

As we got there, we noticed that he only used the first warlock attack, nothing else at all. And his pet was the imp.
We asked him to cast a SS on the healer, and he asked "what's SS??". We explained that he needed to use a shard to soulstone another player, and he began going "wtf is shards?? i didn't buy any of those"

A moment later he began opening the trade with us, asking for money so he could go outside and buy some soulstones. We explained it a few times and he didn't understand anything, so we booted him and found a hunter. (The warlock sent us all death threats over the mail system and tells, as well)

The hunter, as expected, allowed his pet to drag the entire instance on us, and we gave up. I saw the warlock a couple of months later in the highest ranked PVP guild on the server.

A little bit of PvE Experience....but -wow- that's pretty terrible. Sorry to hear that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from retail! gman12 4 786 01-01-2011, 06:29 AM
Last Post: gman12
  Calling those who play retail... Kretol 20 4,123 05-31-2010, 12:05 AM
Last Post: Saintraven
  Retail style RP = spamming. Rax 8 1,267 07-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Harmonic