The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Retail Downers
On my retail server, Moon Guard, there's a group of Role Play guilds that have an OOC freindship. I personaly do admire this, but I'm just very bugged when they allow certain people to Role Play as something that makes no sense at all. I have several examples:

-A Draenei and an Elf that were both adopted and raised together...before the crash of the Exodar.

-An undead that had snuck his way into the Slaughtered Lamb, and had has minions of humans doing his bidding inside Stormwind.

-A Stormwind Guard guild made almost completely out of Death Knights.

-A person Role Playing as an IC variant of Michael Jackson.(He would always dodge attacks by moonwalking out of them, when he faught.)

-A person who summoned a Fel Guard in the Cathedral and had it ICly attack people, godmoding for it completely.
Really? Moon Guard is usually really good as far as retail RP servers go, in my opinion. Although "really good" for retail servers means you can talk to someone with good grammar and not have them call you gay.

The most fun I've ever had on retail was during the pre-WotLK zombie event where the Cathedral was quarantined and protected by one or two "Light-based" guilds, and the rest of the city was taken over by Scourge. Surprisingly, nobody really abused this, and people were mostly huddled around scared in the Cathedral. It was a great way to mix RP and game mechanics for once since it used actual in-game combat.
I once ran into a group of Night Elves who had "gotten their clothes stolen" and ran from city to city naked. They actually did RP well, interestingly enough.
My Velouria, even I'll adore ya.
Back in the days of crappy RP...

There was a guild called...

"THE BLADES OF STORMWIND." Founded and lead by a Night Elf...Who's ex-wife died and because a Forsaken...But still part of the Alliance...Then his wife after that 'died' came back on her funeral...

...I can keep going on if you'd like.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Cressy Wrote:...I can keep going on if you'd like.

Please do. I need entertainment while at work. ^.^
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
User7 Wrote:-An undead that had snuck his way into the Slaughtered Lamb, and had has minions of humans doing his bidding inside Stormwind.

-A person Role Playing as an IC variant of Michael Jackson.(He would always dodge attacks by moonwalking out of them, when he faught.)

Those are actually pretty cool...
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
Well then!! /rubs hands together.

His ex-wife(A human) happen to have been cheating on him with two other people, those two didn't have a clue about it, so when -they- found out they had a huge duel within the Gurubashi Arena. They both ended up saying she was a sk--- and let her, only for one of them to go crawling back. The other one became obsessed with a Night Elf-female, who was always being obsessed about by NIGHT ELF BLADE OF STORMWIND LEADER. <Nut job there went around spreading rumors that she was a sk--- because she didn't love him...So when The other obsesso found out -he- decided to duel nut job at the arena, but because Night Elf-female didn't care about the character, had her die in the arena by suicide.

...Continue?

((Yes, this is indeed all true.))
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
<Is eating popcorn> Yes, please. :D
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Tyr Wrote:I have a story.

On an RP server (can't remember which one), there was an RP project going on. The project was located at the Westbrook Garrison. The project involved having a Lord own the place as his own fort, and people serving him in various manners. Some were chefs, shouting for the people when the dinner was ready. Some were guards, keeping the place free from the vampiric night elf-dragon thieves, and you know. Alot of positions available. I was greatly interested in the project, so I headed down there with my character Deteras; a human footman, and immediately noticed how the RP was evolved. The people RPed basic guards and chefs and etcetera, and the idea appealed to me. I became a guard there, and then I RPed from there.

A few days later, the leader of the project decided that the guards would have a level limit. This didn't disturb me too much, since I wasn't too experienced with parting game-mechanics and IC. So, I went up on the roof, where the smart and logical leader would test fight us. And of course, through duelling. Here is where I started doubting his ability. He duelled me, and one-shotted me (me being level 12: him... Alot higher). Because of this, a game-mechanic, he said "Ok your kikced lol". When I tried to talk sense, in OOC brackets so all of his little goons could hear aswell, they all just "lol you can't take a hit, your no good guard" and "your hp is to low lawl".

Ugh, I could elaborate more, but I think you all got the point. This great RP project was led by these kewl dewds, and I couldn't be more annoyed. The end.
I like this kind of idea. I was briefly thinking about a similar sort of thing when I was looking around Azshara Crater back at the old Earthshaker Camp and had the idea of opening it up to others who wanted to play orcs to try and get a 'living' camp going, especially for whenever there might be a good reason to open the map back up... but then I brushed the idea aside.
Anyway, as I said, the idea sounds nice!
Roobald2 Wrote:Those are actually pretty cool...

Yes, actually both were kind of entertaining, I'm talking about how impossible one sounds, while how funny the other one is to see. LOL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from retail! gman12 4 786 01-01-2011, 06:29 AM
Last Post: gman12
  Calling those who play retail... Kretol 20 4,123 05-31-2010, 12:05 AM
Last Post: Saintraven
  Retail style RP = spamming. Rax 8 1,267 07-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Harmonic