The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Returning Player - from before Cataclysm
Hello everyone!

I used to roleplay in this server back when we were still in Wrath (around 2012). However, due to real life and other interests that made a hostage out of my free time, I had to leave, quite abruptly at that. However, I've been meaning to get a peek at the server and perhaps come back to roleplay, although with a lot less activity due to having started college this year and everything (plus my lore has been a bit rusty, which means I'll need to give it a read again).

Anyway, enough about me. When I logged into the server, there were no real problems, got into it just fine, but all my characters are gone! Well, I assume they aren't completely, as there appear to be 2 offline servers that may as well serve as backups or something of that sort. Now, I wouldn't mind starting anew, but I have two problems:

a) Some of my characters had nifty (in my opinion, of course) sets that I haven't saved elsewhere as far as I'm aware;
b) There are some minor characters that I haven't profiled and while I don't remember them out of the top of my head, once I see them in the char selection screen, I might be interested in picking them up again for whatever reason.

Is there a way to "transfer" those characters to the Cata server, or at least take a look at how they are? If all else fails I'm fine with starting fresh, but might as well ask since there's hopefully no loss.

Thanks!
Hello, and welcome back!

The only way to see what they look like is to download a Wrath client and hope that Kretol reboots the servers again. He usually keeps them online in case people want to do backup, and for building projects that uses addons that aren't available in Cataclysm. I'm not sure if they are actually offline right now or just appear that way, though. I'd have to ask Kretol directly.
I download the Wrath client and the old server is accessible with it. :)

By the way, to play in the new server, I assume I need to remake my characters there, but would I need to have them re-approved?
Alright, good! Are your characters still there? They should be!
Yup! All characters from both my accounts appear to be fine and dandy with everything I recall (although their bags are super confusing, but that's my own fault for not thinking long term as far as organization goes, hah).
ghaskan Wrote:By the way, to play in the new server, I assume I need to remake my characters there, but would I need to have them re-approved?

Nope! Once they were originally approved, their profile would have been put into the Wiki, which wasn't changed from the cross from Wrath to Cata. Just simply remake the characters (with the same name, of course) and either whisper a GM/open a ticket simply saying that the character was approved in Wrath. The GM will just have to check the Wiki, verify it, and then give you your level-bump.

Cheers, and welcome back!
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
(12-06-2013, 07:04 AM)Valicor Wrote:
ghaskan Wrote:By the way, to play in the new server, I assume I need to remake my characters there, but would I need to have them re-approved?

Nope! Once they were originally approved, their profile would have been put into the Wiki, which wasn't changed from the cross from Wrath to Cata. Just simply remake the characters (with the same name, of course) and either whisper a GM/open a ticket simply saying that the character was approved in Wrath. The GM will just have to check the Wiki, verify it, and then give you your level-bump.

Cheers, and welcome back!

I see, thanks for the info! However, looking back at my characters, some could use a bit of a revamp and to be frank there are some things I'd probably change - but we'll see. Right now I think it's better to hop back in, roleplay a little and then re-do characters as I see fit. Thankfully I have access to the old server to help me with sets and such. And thanks for the warm welcome (back). :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CotH-aluation] Player/Staff Communications Loxmardin 8 2,695 02-16-2014, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Jonoth
  Cataclysm and when we are in it. Thoradin 7 1,854 07-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  Cataclysm and TRP2 SachikoMaeda 11 2,703 05-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Maarten
  Characters of Cataclysm! Hawk 36 6,672 02-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Sol
  Profile Harassment/Discouraging your fellow player Harmonic 51 7,423 01-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Rowgen