The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Riel Firewell [Quel'Dorei (High Elf)] [Persistant]
Race of character/NPC: Quel'dorei. (High Elf)
Class of character/NPC: Battle Mage.
Name of character/NPC: Riel Firewell (Nickname is 'Scarfy')
Exact modelID requested: 40021 (I can't test it so, hopefully this is right.)
Level requested: 80
Any special equipment needed: None at all.
How this came to be: Well, Riel tends to hang out with most of the Alliance races anyways. And I've been reading up on Quel'dorei lore, and how they don't use anything to sate their 'addictions'. Seeming as Riel doesn't either. I always thought of him as a Quel'dorei. He's been practicing Arcane magic ICly and I just thought that the High Elf form would fit him perfectly. To be different, and unique. Like everybody else, but more so. Yes, Riel is addicted to magic. But he doesn't uh... (What's the word) Succumb to it. Like the Blood Elves. Anyways, that's all.

Thank you!

Sincerely, Riel.

Edit: There will be a retcon of Riel.
Quote:As long as there seems to be a purpose for the idea beyond simply making a unique character, there's a possible chance that it could be approved.

From the sticky at the top of this forum.
While I cannot give a final opinion on this one, I do believe this may prove to be an issue for you. Sorry to be a potential bubble burster.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
That is outdated, Niko. High elves are just as much a crapshoot as any other CMC is now.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(12-20-2012, 08:24 PM)Nikodemos Wrote: While I cannot give a final opinion on this one, I do believe this may prove to be an issue for you. Sorry to be a potential bubble burster.

To clarify, this list is not out of date, however it is in regards to normal character profiles. Custom Model Submissions are separate from this rule. Instead there is a sticky at the top of the CMC Submission forums which will tell you what Races and/orc concepts are most likely or not at all going to be approved.
(12-20-2012, 08:13 PM)Scout Wrote:
Quote:As long as there seems to be a purpose for the idea beyond simply making a unique character, there's a possible chance that it could be approved.

I've already stated my idea above. I said that Riel mostly hangs out with Alliance characters. Humans, Kal'dorei, Gnomes, Dwarves. You name it. I know that Riel is a little "evil" in others eyes. But he's not addicted to fel, even when I first started roleplaying with him. I always thought of him as a high elf. I also said that Riel would be more unique, and possibly this retcon (If it gets approved) I can -totally- change Riel into what I have in mind. Which would be accepted into the community, and nothing bad. Quel'dorei is basically an Alliance race, and if Riel is a Sin'dorei, and hangs out with Alliance. Doesn't that kind of ruin Lore? Which is another reason for the change.
I would recommend that you reread what you just wrote very carefully, and then look at what I quoted again.
(12-21-2012, 12:26 AM)Tylein Wrote:
(12-20-2012, 08:13 PM)Scout Wrote:

I've already stated my idea above. I said that Riel mostly hangs out with Alliance characters. Humans, Kal'dorei, Gnomes, Dwarves. You name it. I know that Riel is a little "evil" in others eyes. But he's not addicted to fel, even when I first started roleplaying with him. I always thought of him as a high elf. I also said that Riel would be more unique, and possibly this retcon (If it gets approved) I can -totally- change Riel into what I have in mind. Which would be accepted into the community, and nothing bad. Quel'dorei is basically an Alliance race, and if Riel is a Sin'dorei, and hangs out with Alliance. Doesn't that kind of ruin Lore? Which is another reason for the change.

You might want to look into the specifications Blizzard gave for the fel corruption in Sin'dorei. Official lore states that not every Sin'dorei directly consumed fel. A lot of them were just caught in the miasma of it, what with the giant doom crystals hanging about the city. Being Sin'dorei is a lot more than just having green eyes. It's a mindset.

And a Sin'dorei hanging out with Alliance doesn't ruin lore at all. King Varian Wrynn himself has a green-eyed elf ally, though she doesn't consider herself politically Sin'dorei. A lot of Sin'dorei on the server have Alliance (at least the races) allies.

Also, with the Sunwell restored, no elf really uses anything to sate their addiction.

I think the conflict of a Sin'dorei seeking his old blue-eyed ways is much more interesting than just going the easy route and trying to make him a high elf. Don't you?

Another thing to remember is that CMCs are usually judged on what RP they can offer the community, not what pretty personal looks it might offer the player. What RP will High Elf Riel provide that he doesn't already? What events might you make with him? Or is this requested just for you?
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
@c0rzilla: It really -is- just for personal preference, like I said. I've always seen him as a Quel just how I've always played with Riel. And the conflict -does- sound like a really good idea.

@Scout: Sorry, I was really tired when I replied. It was 3am for me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neoskiya [Dryad/Nymph - Persistant] Stealthscout 13 2,248 01-14-2015, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Stealthscout
  Zh'kruabhal [Faceless One][Persistant] c0rzilla 0 748 08-23-2014, 10:57 PM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Ursal Vark [Furbolg Ursa Totemic][Persistant] Thoradin 1 840 04-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Thoradin
  Tyra Dawnshard [High Elf][Persistent] Dug 9 1,819 08-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Dug
  Silvithia Sunstriker [Dark Ranger - Persistant] Noble 0 688 08-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Noble