The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Is a Neutral Hub a Viable Project?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
77.78%
14 77.78%
No!
5.56%
1 5.56%
I have another opinion which cannot be expressed with the two responses above and shall post below!
16.67%
3 16.67%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rigley Rambles: Yet More on Neutral Hubs
It's easy to solve the drama thing, Kret.
Tell them to deal with it. After all, they chose that RP.
Isle of Conquest... I have never ever been there ever in my WoW career. Yet I want to see it so bad... From what I've read, it would be perfect for that type of situation - The Horde vs. Alliance Battlefield scenario.

DOO EET
Isle of Conquest would be very tempting; I've toyed with the idea of making it an Ally vs Horde place in the past.

Unfortunately, as I said before, I will not be involving myself in PvP RP, or at least not running it myself. I don't enjoy the drama whatsoever.

...Then again, if I were to partner up with another GM more prone to running such events I would gladly run PvE against NPC faction members and the like. I actually rather like that idea, actually.

But, my initial ideas as they were just won't work, at least (contrary to the votes above. I feel silly.), I don't plan to put them into play. I apologize for any raised expectations. I'd gladly collaborate with other GMs to work out a PvP style zone, but until then I'm going to go with my other plan of running events revolving around specific zones. We'll see how that pans out.

Thanks a ton everyone for your input.
Why haven't we de-instanced ALL of the battlegrounds, yet? They're all great for RP...

Warsong Gulch: PvP RP, maybe extensions of Ashenvale RP too. Or perhaps reconstruction RP (reforesting the... forest)

Arathi Basin: Domestic RP (the basin can pass off as a small village of generic design), PvP RP (because it's the Basin...), Stromgard RP.

Alterac Valley: Archaeology RP (that's why the dwarfs are even there), Frostwolf RP (which I'm sure will make a lot of people happy), PvP RP (again.), dwarf RP. Might also give incentive to RP as a Stormpike clansman.

Eye of the Storm: Additional Netherstorm RP, Extensions of Outland RP.

Strand of the Ancients: Titan RP, full stop.

Isle of Conquest: The ultimate in PvP RP.

Furthermore, with the exception of Strand of the Ancients, all BGs would work good as places for guilds to operate out of, because they have bases with faction/lore roots. Orcs and NE guilds can operate from WSG, Arathor guilds (or just human guilds in general) from Arathi Basin, Dwarf guilds from Alterac (plus the huge amount of Frostwolf orcs we have), Eye of the Storm for maybe Draenei or BEs, as well as nether researchers, and Isle of Conquest would be THE guild HQ for large-scale Ally/Horde guilds like Red Vanguard.

Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
All BGs except for EotS have already been de-instanced. I think the big thing is simply finding out a way to open them up in a good manner. As I said, I'm very apprehensive about PvP RP, but your ideas are sound. (I didn't open up EotS because I feel it's a big bunch of nothing)
(11-21-2011, 06:22 PM)Kretol Wrote: All BGs except for EotS have already been de-instanced. I think the big thing is simply finding out a way to open them up in a good manner. As I said, I'm very apprehensive about PvP RP, but your ideas are sound. (I didn't open up EotS because I feel it's a big bunch of nothing)

Can't you just add them to the OOC portal so we can just teleport in?

And Eye of the Storm is good and cool for RUINS OF NETHERSTORM stuff. Also there's those towers and a Fel Reaver too.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
To Kretol; Make Isle of Conquest an un-instanced RP location... Or a neutral hub... ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE. I will personally begin running events on Isle of Conquest weekly if you open it up for RP. PERSONALLY.

And besides, if RP PVP were an issue, there's always events that are RP PvE

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rigley's Cataclysmic Interest Inventory - Round 1 Rigley 27 4,184 05-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Rigley
  Rigley's Answer-Blog Rigley 7 1,742 03-13-2013, 10:00 AM
  Rigley's Event Interest Inventory, Part Whichever Rigley 34 5,457 11-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Rigley Ramble (Sorta): On Stagnation Rigley 31 6,111 10-17-2012, 10:42 AM
  Rigley is Adrift Rigley 6 1,655 10-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Last Post: CappnRob