The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Which interests you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Faction v Faction Events
25.00%
11 25.00%
World Events
15.91%
7 15.91%
Northwind
52.27%
23 52.27%
Other (And I will elaborate or be harmed.)
6.82%
3 6.82%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rigley's Cataclysmic Interest Inventory - Round 1
Alright m'lovelies, here we go again!

So, I've still got a lot of building I'll likely be looking into-- that much hasn't changed. However, I've been feeling inclined to planning towards events in the future; some that would be nearer, and some further on until I have a consistent span of time to flesh them out as I wish.
I've got ideas! Many ideas, in fact, to the point that I want to run a two part poll here (or one, depending), to help me gauge what sort of interest is drummed up about the server.

I'll try and keep summations brief:

--Faction v Faction Events
Think the Battlefield: Stonetalon and Battlefield: Khaz Modan, if you were around for those. I'll likely be running event lines with both a Horde and Alliance perspective, and will be working on Horde vs Alliance stuff throughout the world. These will be player vs NPC events, as per my usual fare.
Some examples of places on my radar for this would be Stonetalon, the Barrens, Hillsbrad, Tol Barad, etc.

--'World' Events
Essentially working on progressing the lore in certain areas. Each zone roughly has its own storyline in Cata, and there are some we've definitely left open for advancement. This could include stuff from escalation at Mount Hyjal or Uldum, to smaller scale stuff such as the corruption of Wormthorn's forest in the Blasted Lands. Some of these would naturally lean to one faction rather than another, and some might take a more neutral stance, depending.

--Northwind
Probably my most successful events in recent memory. Northwind was a survival horror sort of event line, heavily inspired by works such as Silent Hill and Amnesia. It was grim. It was dark. It involved lots of eldritch creatures for which there was no solid 'defeat'. It was my personal project, and I loved the heck out of it. All told, I clocked more than -six days- worth of content on these events. That's 144 hours at least, all in one event. I was far from done with it, but at the time of my 'concluding' the event line I deemed it too disconnected from the world.

Well, I figured out how to fix that! And the Cataclysm has provided me with a horrible method of doing so. It'll be fun.

So, let's see some votes. What sounds good to you?
I've never had the chance to participate in Northwind! You should give it another go!
I like all the event ideas you got there. Really, it's hard to choose. So I'll just list them, 1 being "GIMMEGIMMEGIMME NOW"

1. Northwind: I never got to participate in Northwind, despite all my wants and desires. I was hurt that I didn't get the chance, or lost the desire, or something. Yeah, something. Give us another Northwind.

2. 'World' Events: Because adventure.

3. Faction v. Faction Events: Gotta secure our borders and -then- attack the savage not-my-faction.
I keep smashing the Northwind option, but I can only vote once.

Northwindnorthwindnorthwind.
Northwind....Northwind....Northwind...
>Still calls it Northwind
>Not Clovis and Endling super happy fun time

Stay pleb
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
Windnorth!
WHY CAN'T I VOTE FOR EVERYTHING

but I guess I'll vote for just Northwind. or zone lore. Hgggn.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(05-09-2013, 12:51 AM)CappnRob Wrote: WHY CAN'T I VOTE FOR EVERYTHING

I want to stick Flora in Northwind again, though; she's developed some very odd perceptions about what, exactly, Northwind is.
I mean, she wanted to be alive again, and she kinda got it, but it sucked.
She wanted to feel the Light again, and she kinda got it, but it mortally sucked...
She still doesn't completely believe that it was real.

Can't wait to see how she misinterprets a second trip. :P
Unfortunatly I missed Northwind, I'd like to be apart of a second run!
"If you don't try to save one life you'll never save any!"

[Image: dean.png]
If my character can survive Northwind, he could get some great character development.
...Whoa.

Well uh.

I guess I'll leave this 'till Friday, and then throw in the outcome.
[Image: northwind-1.jpg]

And here I thought I'd never get to use this picture again. Ohoho.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
As much as I love Northwind, I definitely would like to see a focus on world story line progression.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
I would like to see some more factional conflict c:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rigbuild 2: Interest Inventory Rigley 18 3,869 07-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Rigley
  Rigley's Answer-Blog Rigley 7 1,742 03-13-2013, 10:00 AM
  Rigley's Event Interest Inventory, Part Whichever Rigley 34 5,457 11-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Rigley Ramble (Sorta): On Stagnation Rigley 31 6,111 10-17-2012, 10:42 AM
  Rigley is Adrift Rigley 6 1,655 10-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Last Post: CappnRob