The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rising above the Horizon
Good Morning people!

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello people, I am (Aamu)Vircku. Both on that and this side of the screen. This is actually the name I go by, adapted nickname from ages past in a chatroom of (more or less) roleplayers. It's a reference to early wakeups I had in school. Also probably explaining my greeting.

I've been playing roleplaying games since early 90's. Me being born only 10 years prior. Good old nostalgia memories are starting to pop up here. I wish I could go back there.

Currently aimlessly wondering the world, with no clear direction of "What the heck I should do with my life." Like, what should I become for a profession. (Suggestions in this end will be appreciated in and out of forums)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Finnish by birth, using the local lingo. Also fluentish English and a few words of Swedish and Latin.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
God-Father made me do it! - Honest to god. he introduced me to Warcraft one, back in the days I started RP's. Oh the days of only four units per stack.

What made you seek our server over others?:
It was recommended by a friend, who told me about a common acquintance who plays on this server. I've tried several private servers around the internet, but none of the had the feeling of 'I'd like to stay here'. Mainly due everyone just raiding and going lulz about it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy roles where people pay attention to me or something I'm doing. Yes, I admit, I'm an attention seeker. Though I do not wish to partake in _drama_ - I tried it once and made my stomach turn. But rather, I like to be telling a story, bringing a message trough. My latest trend seems to be a storekeeper of sorts, where the people visiting are more or less required to interact with the establishment's personnel.

Also two-player situations fall in to the class, since they kind off force the other one to pay attention.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Trolls. Reason 'nuff.
Due to request, philosophical argument applied:
Troll warriors / Hunters are two favourites. While I'd more than gladly go for troll tossing axes, this was made ingame impractical, so I'll have to settle for the two others.
When it comes playing anything RP'ish, in vanilla WoW, I found the Hunter's Feign Death to be absolute to simulate many occasions of actings, plus ability to wear fancy mail.
Warriors on the other hand would be the choice for PVE content, not to mention that trolling around with a berserker is a fun thing to do IC'ly.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I've been browsing around, looking at things. I'm having high hopes for classy RP situations.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
-No Leet. Really - must be a dreamworld.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The three stubby fingers of a troll lady held a piece of parchment tight in her hands. Her eyes reading the lines on it, one after another, hastily. She had read it earlier, but rehersing, rehersing was the key here.

She was wearing traditional high mohawk on her bright red hair, her skin blue as the sea, well groomed, especially for tonight. She had to make an impression. Eyes left the parchement, glancing at one of the braids hanging over her small bosom.

"Smirg? You're absolutely sure this is needed?" She said, taking a look at the forsaken tailor who was adding yet another premade ornament with a few stiches along the line on the side of the glamorously Blue dress, darker than her own skin. Golden patch of yellow, striking out for viewers.

"Of course Cael', What do you think this is, a date with a trout?" The dead man grinned with only a few teeth. He used her nickname, not much shorter than Caelis, like the three others. Hot barrens air flowed in from the opening door, as a human entered with a broad brimmed hat, crochet hat to be precise.

"Everything's ready. They're waiting for you." He said, and immidiately trolless bit her lips. She'd come far away from the ways of the ancestors. And what he was about to do, would not bring her any closer to her relatives.

"Is Barwac r-", She was interrupted. "Yes." "And the vo-", "Yes." The ever calm human recited.

"And you Smirg?" She asked, looking down at her hem. The ornament did fit, she liked it. Making her feel the giggle - like an elf. How did she like the view of Silvermoon City, wanted to belong there.

"I'm done. I'll meet you up there when you need me." Forsaken said, cutting the thread with a pair of scissors, leaving the golden line lay beautifully, and standing up to leave the troll alone.

She looked up the stairs she needed to go, letting the parchment note go, it quickly descending on the dirty floor of the house. Swallowing for courage she started to ascend the stairs.

Half of the people she wanted weren't avaible. Third of the people, who said would come, didn't arrive. She had what she had. The stairs led to a room with a few forsaken. All of them dear friends from times past. Mort, the flamboyant leader of the bunch. Osiris the jawless wonder. She never could figure how he'd eat, but somehow he always managed. And Frigus, the last but not the least. All of these wearing the same crest of a bird leg, the same crest she had worn since childhood. Only to be replaced by a jester's cowl a few days earlier.

"We're ready." They all said in chorus. She almost gave a tear away. These four forsaken were closest that she could call a family. What if he'd fail miserably? She'd bring them down with her, the infamy, the shame. Not to mention her personally. They had sacrificed the little they had to help her.

"And Cael'." Mort started. "Break a leg." Winking, and pushing the trolless hintingly towards the door that led to the balcony.

Immidiately as she stepped forward a beam of light stcuk from the ceiling hitting down to her. Her eyes barely being able to see, in the dusk of Barrens.

Caelis hardlu saw the dozens of eyepairs turning their gaze upwards. Trolls, taurens, humans, elves, dwarves, orcs, forsaken and even gnomes, sitting side by side and staring at her. But still sweat started to pour immidiately. Yet she did not hesitate. Her arms departed, broadened for the viewers to appear bigger.

"Ladies! Gentlemen! And ruthless Warhorses! Welcome for tonight's entertainment!"
She was no longer afraid. She had arrived where she belonged to.
She was the show.
"Welcome to the Cavalliers Show!"
-----------

Author's Commentary:
This is a scene from what happened back in 2006, on The Venture Co. (EU RP-PVP), The second show of The Dancing Cavalliers. All of the Characters mentioned are 'real', and were present that day. Huge thanks to all of them. This is a piece of fiction based on actual event and inner turmoils of my character.
The event in question was a theatrical play.

Thank you for reading.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing I could think off right now. Hope you enjoyed.
Piken Wrote:Approved by Kretol.. you lucky bastage. ^.^
There is no reason 'nuff to like trolls over orcs, so there! Also, they are not a class. Nublet! ;)
I would like to beg to differ.
Trolls are classy.

Editing made to original text due request.
owch hehe ;)
The only way out is down, so when your happy where you are and you need to leave fast your going to find yourself down and out.
[Image: approved.gif]
Welcome!
Approved by Kretol.. you lucky bastage. ^.^
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
I will hecheforth take great pride in this accomplishment.
Oooh, Ooh! Put me in your signature! I do things!

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
I don't do trades..
Unless you have something of value to offer, of course.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A new horizon... w3player 3 825 09-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Last Post: w3player
  Rising from the seas...An Introduction! Terrorsquid 1 663 07-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Beltharean