The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Roll20 - an RPG app
http://roll20.net/

My best mate told me about this when I was visiting this summer. Appearently it is supposed to really simple and easy to grasp but also able to handle more complicated and elaborate systems.

Has anyone here ever tried it? Interested in reviews from both players and dungeon masters. @cartoonkarl, you mentioned it in one if your posts, got any experience with it?

At the moment I am thinking about trying to use it for my TES campaign.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
I've used it pretty extensively as a DM. They've done a really good job with it, and one can support a campaign on the free version without problem; all of the premium features would be nice, but they're not necessary. You pretty much nailed it with,

Quote:Appearently it is supposed to really simple and easy to grasp but also able to handle more complicated and elaborate systems.

Did you have any specific questions?
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
Is it easy to host a D100 system on it despite the name?
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.

Yep! I ran a d100 on it. The dice system's nice and simple and you can roll anything you like.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
Guess I'll have to download it and fool about... Might consider using it for a separate online campaign set in TES for CotHers.

(08-25-2013, 06:36 AM)Bovel Wrote: Guess I'll have to download it and fool about... Might consider using it for a separate online campaign set in TES for CotHers.

Let me know when you are launching the campaign. I'd love to join :)

As would I, I've been wanting to try roll20 for a long time

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4
@Whorak and @DuskWolf, where are you two situated?

Roll20 is nice! I use it for my warhammer fantasy group and haven't had any issues with it. For someone as inept at technology as I, even I was able to get it.
Made an account, I have troubles grasping my head around it, is it like RP or an RPG?
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:
Quote:I don’t want you to protest,
I don’t want you to riot,
I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write.
I don’t know what to do about the depression and
the inflation and the crime in the Streets.
All I know is that first, you’ve got to get mad.

You’ve got to say:
I’m a Human being God damn it !
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*
It's a program that allows you to run table-tops without needing people to be physically present. The point of it is to have a visual representation of a text RP so both you and the DM have an idea of where everyone is in relation to each other, objects and enemies. People will have tokens they can move around and maps that are made by the DM [or taken from others] that they can explore.
@Bovel do you mean which time zone? Cause I am in California so I am on Server Time. How ever I have more time in the morning and afternoons. My email address is [email protected] you can send an invite through roll20 is you want.
(08-25-2013, 03:21 AM)Bovel Wrote: http://roll20.net/
@cartoonkarl, you mentioned it in one if your posts, got any experience with it?

Yeah, a decent amount. It is confusing to learn at first and a few things that could make the experience more enjoyable are restricted only to those who pay... It is kind of based around figs, but I do not use figs at all.

It is a really good tool for online RPGing, give you the ability to show your players images easily, rolls, play background music. Very very very nice tool and I suggest it to all who tabletop.

What makes it very nice is its intuitiveness, you can easily add images and creatures, keep track of their life, reveal to players certain statistics, and playing around with other things. It can fit any tabletop system as well.

ETC ETC good fun.
[Image: dean2s.png]
(08-25-2013, 12:16 PM)Bovel Wrote: @Whorak and @DuskWolf, where are you two situated?

My time zone is GMT + 2 (South Africa). Server time is 9 hours behind my local time (So I have X-mas before all of you! Tongue)

I am GMT +1 (Stockholm) and it's usually hard to synchronize with you americans. But I might get a nightjob in autumn so perhaps my skewed schedule might fit non-europeans instead. Who knows?

My plan/idea so far is to run a short, short campaign first that's only like two-three sessions so I can get used to the program. Then I might break open a campaign parallel to the one I run IRL and I blog about.