The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Ruder Rants
Raising Dead Topics.
Don't do it. JUST DON'T.

But Siv, what if I feel the person made a funny joke?! Worthy of LOLing at it?!
Don't do it. Don't. We don't care.

What if it's a good idea that needs seconding?!
Then it would've made it through the first time. If it's a dead topic, it's because we don't care. If it really is worth bringing back, then make a NEW topic, and make sure that you make it lengthy, and completely well thought out.

What if I didn't know it was an old topic?
If the thing hasn't been commented on in MONTHS, then it's an old topic. If it's on the second page of the freaking list, IT'S AN OLD TOPIC.

Just stop it. I swear to God I'll find a way to make you twitch. You like being dropped hundreds of feet? I'll suspend you. If I'm not making this clear to you, please feel free to PM me. Using very colorful language, I will explain to you that you were dropped on your head as a child and are likely illiterate.

Just don't. Uh-uh...I see you browsing. DON'T DO IT. I'll cut off your fingers.
Siv, "A line o' ratchet white, and a scrape of gunpowder lata'...I was wonderin' round Stranglethorn Vale havin' soul searchin' conversations with raptors. Three days lata ah came back t' Booty Bay. Lo'n'behold, ah 'ad dreadlocks."
Just posted in a topic that was almost 2 weeks old and got a warning :shock: Didn't know about the don't post in old topics policy.
Ace: A small good hearted bag of energy who is quite a potion doc.
Harold: Like most Undead, dirty, sarcastic, full of insults and hunted by paladins.
I totally just bumped this old thread laaaawlz.
Begging For Profile Approval

"Please sir...can I get an approval."
"Get USED."

I'm gonna try and think up a good way to describe this so everyone gets it bright and clear. You poke your manager in the back, over, and over, and over...asking him to do something about some problem you have. Eventually, he's gonna cover your personal flare around your cubicle in lighter fluid, and use your personalized pencils to roast marshmellows. The same applies when you ask us, OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER to check your profile. The more you do it, the less inspired we feel to check it.

Everytime someone asks me to glance over one of theirs, I make a point not to do it for another day or so. Hell, you ask me three times, I won't ever, look at a -single- one of your profiles. Ever. For the rest of my time here as a GM, I won't look at them.

But Sivvvvvyyyyy, what if my profile hasn't been looked at in weeeeeks?

Then it better be god damn weeks, and it'd better have been fixed if anyone commented on it. Also, SPACE OUT YOUR FREAKING PROFILES. To those of you who just signed up here, and post FIVE FREAKING PROFILES A DAY. I hope horrible, explicit things that I can't describe here happen to you. I'd really, really like to describe them. But I can't. Because I'm a GM. But one day...one day. Oh man. I will. It'll be satisfying.

Also, for any idiot who's got it in their head that DELETING their profile, then reposting it so it's at the top of the list, is a good idea, you're all smacktards. A lot of us GMly folk, go from the bottom up so we get the people who've been waiting longest first. You're screwing yourself over, and pissing us off. You fail. So. Hard.
Siv, "A line o' ratchet white, and a scrape of gunpowder lata'...I was wonderin' round Stranglethorn Vale havin' soul searchin' conversations with raptors. Three days lata ah came back t' Booty Bay. Lo'n'behold, ah 'ad dreadlocks."
I love you Siv...
Gotta agree with Siv here! *nod*
Vaermina: So cold, yet she feels alive. On Death Row.
Bell: Arrogant yet kind-hearted. Crusader.
Gral'dar: Joyful and Alive.
Valia: Brilliant but easily confused. Expert Scientist/Engineer
Sala'driana: Too Flirtatious for her own good.
This topic amuses me for reasons I don't know how to put into words yet.
Oh, don't you just hate it when people don't follow standard profile format? HURR
˜★Sketch Blog
*Runs for her bunker while she has the time*
Vaermina: So cold, yet she feels alive. On Death Row.
Bell: Arrogant yet kind-hearted. Crusader.
Gral'dar: Joyful and Alive.
Valia: Brilliant but easily confused. Expert Scientist/Engineer
Sala'driana: Too Flirtatious for her own good.
TwilightDisciple Wrote:This topic amuses me for reasons I don't know how to put into words yet.
Oh, don't you just hate it when people don't follow standard profile format? HURR

Oh man. Yeah. It's a shame that SinkMarylandSink kid is so cool he's just exempt from the rules. HWAT NAO?!
To ensure people don't get the wrong idea...
From the information sticky in the profiles forum:
Quote:While you need not necessarily follow the profile template we provided, we highly recommend you do so. If you do not, you will need to impress us with your writing skills while still showing that you put a lot of thought into the character. Profiles in their History and Personality sections MUST have at least ten lines combined in a 1024x786 resolution screen.
-Joins Vaermina in her bunker-
Have you ever wondered which hurts the most: saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing, and wishing you had?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kira's two cents rants Kira13 18 3,778 12-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Dae