The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Runemaster / Inscriber
I have seen that Runemaster is an available Prestige Class.

Is it's opposite, the Inscriber arcanist class, also available?

From all that I've read, Runemaster's will use the runes learned by this to place the runes on their own bodies, while Inscribers will place them on objects or companions.

As well, the races that can be an Inscriber are different. Humans and Gnomes learn it from being around Dwarves (the Alliance faction that learns Runemastery) and Forsaken learn it from being around Tauren (the Horde faction that learns it).

However, Blood Elves and Draenei can also learn it, in that there is a Blood Elf and Draenei inscriber to be found in the game as an NPC already.

The class requirements for this class are either Necromancers, Mages, or Warlocks. Because it is an arcane based class, unlike the Earth based class of Runemaster.
Mistress Sylea Moonwhisper - Human - Azeroth Trade Syndicate
Baroness Ariannah Timaeus - Human - The Scourgebane Trinitus
Valishna- Draenei - Unaffiliated

If you plan on making one. Make the application. I'm sure the GM's would talk about the class when you do, or maybe they already have. I bet it'd be allowed. Nothing very OP about it.
But yeah, next time. You can PM someone, including myself. If'n you have questions. Questions like these are easily answered, and don't require a topic.

Hope that helps.
Where exactly would I post an application for something like this?

If you mean profile, I already have a character that might slip into this role well. She's a draenei mage, and there's a draenei inscriber npc that could be used to teach her.

I mainly curious right now whether I could do it, to arrange for the RP of her learning about the class and obtaining a desire to become an Inscriber, before I then seek permission to obtain training in the class.
Click here for awesomesauce information.

That should be all you need in more. I'll emphasize that the character must have an approved profile. Just so we don't clutter the forums with it, If you have any other questions.. feel free to PM me.
I play a character who now aspires to become an inscriber, so I would say the class concept works as much as Runemaster does. However, prestige titles are given on a case by case basis really, so it depends on what you intend to do with the class and how it develops the character, etc.
In other words, there is the prestige title format we ask people to follow, and with that comes everything that involves titles like that.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Ok.

I will do some planning on this. I have a few weeks before my two months is up, so I'll spend that time planning and working on how this would apply to my character.

Perhaps we can get together to discuss things about the class sometime Kaghuros. I just downloaded the More Magic and Mayhem guide this afternoon, and found it's a great source on the class and runes available.

As far as how I'd use it, I'm not really planning on running around slapping runes on everything. It'd be more of a need based thing.
I have no sourcebooks, and tend to make up runic patterns based on the magic I know exists ingame and from the sections of source material I've read. It'd be interesting to talk about it though, and especially hear what some of the PnP abilities are like.
Alright. Later today, after I finish my work, I will grab the scan pages from the sourcebook and upload the text of it to you in a PM.

Mainly it outlines the 10 runes for each pattern you can learn.

However, inscribers do have the ability to turn normal arcane spells into runes, as they grow in power. So your way does work as well.
Well that last comment was to easy put.

Runes work in combination's that's true.
But sources in the books I've read indicate that learning runes is a very personal.
The combination used to get a certain result by one person can couse a completely other result when preformed by a other person.

Moon stances and astrology where even a factor for the working of the rune magic.

In some books I've read is Staten that the Ceremonies preformed whilst building the rune structures is very important for the outcome.

there are even 2 sorts of runes the one you'll have to write down on objects or yourself.
and runes you should sing and dance.
these runes should always be used to gather.

The written runes are normally used to define the target or object the runes effect is mend for.
and the sung and danced runes are used to actively activate the result intended.

I hope my little comment doesn't hurt someone's feelings but if you would RP such an activity it should be done right.

your's truly

Haplo Nexus
To play or not to play, in real life or virtual, in person or in character...
Be kind to all creatures of nature we've all got to live to gather

Sorac ©
I have obtained the sourcebook for Inscribers.

It details all the Rune Patterns, where you have to go to obtain them, as well as the effects each has in PnP.

I was planning on using this as a foundation for my Inscriber.

You are probably talking about Runemaster when you talk of singing and dancing.

An Inscriber learns new runes in a pattern by visiting the location, and then meditating.
I'll try to find the same texts in English I'm dutch so I've only got them in dutch.
Sorry but you'll have to wait a little for it ;)

gr.

Haplo Nexus
To play or not to play, in real life or virtual, in person or in character...
Be kind to all creatures of nature we've all got to live to gather

Sorac ©

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Runemaster gone death knight Kira13 46 7,715 12-12-2011, 03:47 AM
Last Post: Kira13