The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Sable Dragon Inn
"The dragon is a serpent destitute of venom;
It's true strength is in the fear we give it."

[Image: 15yjk9w.png]

The Sable Dragon Inn, named in memory of Azeroth's cataclysm and the bringer of its ruin, is a bar and inn located in Dalaran's city center. The tavern provides drink, conversation, a pleasant atmosphere...And events to whittle away the leisure hours of heroes and travelers.

The tavern was established to help create a place for open role-play that is accessible to both Alliance and Horde players. It is not a guild; you do not need to be a member of the group to participate. Like other role-playing hot-spots in the past, like Booty Bay and Shattrath, it will be a location that allows for casual role-play to launch into something more driven. What begins as drinks with friends can end with a fist-fight in the Arena, or a blind date over dinner can build into a dungeon delve with a crossbow to your head.

The tavern is currently run by the human Lady Eliza Claremont. It is supported by other noble houses and private investors.

[Image: 6eekwy.png]
The tavern uses the Legerdemain Lounge's location. In-character and out, the inn uses the same central location in the heart of Dalaran.

Amenities

To further assist with the in-character credibility of the Sable Dragon as an Open Social RP hotspot, the inn has also secured deals with Dalaran and major city teleporting staff, insuring easy access to Dalaran at a large discount for single customers and groups.

The bar offers a full range of drinks and consumables, as well as a pawn service for purchasing normal items. The inn offers a free daily drink to "Adventurers," but do expect a fun debate when trying to bring evidence that you qualify for this offer.

As an inn, the tavern has single rooms and bunk rooms, as well as a terrace for private functions for groups, guilds and parties.

Healing services and meditation rooms are also offered for travelers and adventurers seeking succor from the world's difficulties.

The Bar offers what only a Dalaran establishment with an "Adventurers Welcome" theme could - Be sure to ask for our "Flaming Kobold", our "Earth Shaker" or our "Sex on the Siege Engine". Fel, make up your own cocktail and we'll make it for you and your firends. Our staff is available for flash-detoxification through arcane, divine or nature magic at affordable prices!

The food we cater is also ready for all tastes, from Dwarven Hag-haggis to Silvermoon Esquire-cargon or Trollish Faux Heart. Have a gastronomical intercultural adventure and take our "Random Order" option!

Sweet pastries infused with hallucinoges, arcane or fel might also be available, but you didn't hear it from us!

Staff & Positions

The Sable Dragon Inn is staffed by a collection of player bartenders, servers and hosts. All rolls that would otherwise be filled by NPCs are taken over by player-made characters.

Employees are not required to join a guild or group. You can be a member of other organizations, in-character and out, and still work at the bar.

Current Staff List
Spoiler:

For more information on how to join the staff, you can read the staffing thread.

Should you have ideas for any other staff positions that you think would be a good idea and would like to occupy, also tell us on the same thread.

Events

To help with the creation of open role-play, the Sable Dragon Inn will be hosting weekly events to cater to those who aren't currently participating in storylines or long-term role-plays. These events are designed to augment the casual role-play that the tavern will host.

More information on the events can be found in the event listing thread.

(Thank you DaveM for help with writing this post, especially the Amenities section.)
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
I love this idea. I've always liked Tavern RP, because I like meeting other virtual personalities and such. So I completely adore this idea, I'm surprised it wasn't implemented earlier. Thank you for the willpower you have, that is going to make this idea be fulfilled c:
Can't wait.
" Fel, make up your own cocktail and we'll make it for you and your firends." :3
I will be working on bringing the inn back during this week.

Stay tuned for more updates in the corresponding threads, Job Listings and Event Roster.
YES. FLEX HOUR WILL RISE ONCE MORE!
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
ROSE! LUCILLE STOLE A KID!
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
I've missed the Sable Dragon. Glad to see it starting back up again!

[Image: USYWXqZ.gif]
We've updated the recruitment post; positions are quite similar to what they were before, so if you want to try your hand shepherding tavern role play this would be the ideal.

I'll be updating the event roster by Wednesday with information on the opening event which will, tentatively, be held this weekend.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to reach out and speak with me!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grayson's Merry Band of Dragon and Drake Slayers FlyingSquirrel 2 1,114 12-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel