The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Scott's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

As a player in general, I enjoy all variety of video game genres, from First-Person Shooters, to Real-Time Strategy, to Role-Playing. I prefer PC over consoles because I enjoy all the additional content that the communities make for their games.

I consider myself to be very friendly, and I'm not competitive when it comes to gaming (which is good because I'm a mediocre gamer at best).

As a role-player, I just really like putting my personality into my characters. Whatever game let's me do this easy is usually one I like.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I was born, raised, and currently live in Canada, a country I love. I speak English. I do spell it "colour" and "neighbour", but I'm actually more comfortable with the imperial system of measurement, so go figure.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I was first introduced to the Warcraft universe via Warcraft 3. I wouldn't say it was my favourite Real-Time Strategy game, but I thought the game was fun, and liked the story. A few years later I started playing World of Warcraft. I had played other MMORPGs before, but the scale and detail of the Warcraft universe really appealed to me.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I prefer role-playing servers over normal servers because I fell the offer a better gaming experience as a whole. I don't find the servers on retail as being very structured or consistent, so I went searching for an alternative. A quick google search, and thorough site analysis later, and here we are.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy to go on adventures, a decent sized group of people. I don't see my characters as being the main hero, but I want others to see them as being someone they can rely on. I also enjoy more passive role playing when the mood strikes. Hanging out in the tavern is fun as long as the conversation is interesting.

On another note, I'd like to say that when I role-play, my characters are always really serious (though friendly). I have a great sense of humour, but my characters never reflect this I find. I hope to improve on this, because no one likes adventuring with someone who is always so sedated.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Love dwarves, though I'm not quite sure why. Maybe it's because they remind me of Vikings. I find the huge mountain fortresses they build to be really awesome as well.

In terms of classes, I like the paladin and priest class. Paladins I like because they remind me of knight's in shining armour, an unmovable wall of defence. But what appeals to me about both classes is the healing aspects. I find greater satisfaction in healing the guy killing the dragon that actually killing the dragon myself. I like helping people, and the priest class really lets me do this.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Just a welcoming community really. I know that this server doesn't have many people online, but just being able to go on some adventures from time to time and put my skills to use would be nice.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

They're all pretty good. I like how you're no-nonsense on tolerance. But the rule that appeals to me the most is the one on Humility. As someone who role-plays a supporting character, I realize I won't be the centre of attention (which is fine by me really). But making sure everyone can enjoy their little story without ruining others is nice.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Ivar saw stars when the mallet hit his jaw. Pain seared the side of his face, and he tasted blood. He had fallen fallen back from the blow, and his old mentor stood above him.

"Get up," Fenris bellowed.

Ivar just rubbed his jaw, and stared. The years had begun to catch up on Fenris. His hair had greyed, and deep wrinkles cut through his face. But his body was still strong; lean but muscular. He wore his scars like trophies, which he had won from battles a generation ago. The two were practising their fighting, Ivar had a wooden sword and shield, Fenris had two wooden mallets. The older warrior was a lot quicker, and more relentless.

"Get up," Fenris demanded again, "There is no time-out on the battle field".

Ivar spit out some blood before responding, "I know. You've told me enough times. That doesn't doesn't make the injuries any better though."

"You knew what you were getting into when you joined the Academy. Had I known you would continue to whine, even after all these months, I would have closed the door on your face."

The young pupil just shook his head, "It would have been better if you had. I would have preferred living as a pauper, then endure your beatings and insults. You've never once complimented me, you know, even though I'm better than any other student here!"

Ivar got up, but threw down his sword and shield, and headed towards the dormitories. The old man didn't stop him, he just looked on.

Fenris knew the boy was right, he was the best student the old man had seen. In fact though, Fenris was quite fond of the the boy, admiring the young man's potential. He would like nothing more than to boast the boy to the other teachers. But he couldn't. The world was too cruel to let these things happen. He had to harden the boy, make him ready for the battles he'll face, the hardships he'll have to over come. Fenris would do anything to protect the boy, even if that meant having the young man hate him forever.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Unfortunately, I hit tab and enter, thus causing my thread to be posted before I could finish my story. I am posting this complete introduction now, please disregard the other one.
Hello there JustScott, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Mm, activity isn't demanded. Other one disregarded successfully!

Thank you for the story.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
Thanks for approving me. Hoping to bring something to the community.