The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Sensitivity, emotion and the users of CotH
..That was a uh, joke. My boldness got a little too far, sorry about that.

I should perhaps be more considerate in not posting when very tired.
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:
Quote:I don’t want you to protest,
I don’t want you to riot,
I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write.
I don’t know what to do about the depression and
the inflation and the crime in the Streets.
All I know is that first, you’ve got to get mad.

You’ve got to say:
I’m a Human being God damn it !
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*
(05-04-2013, 03:23 PM)Dae Wrote: We're making headway into learning how to be together with other people in a healthy and open way. Its a bit awkward at times, yes, but everyone has an awkward phase at first with anything. Remember what it was like when you first started to Roleplay?

CotH is healthy as a community, but I still think that we have a long way to go when it comes to being open. I'd like to put it out there that I myself had an awkward phase when I first began RPing here, but it was in part due to not feeling like I fit in. Heck, I'm 2 1/2 years old here, and I still feel like I'm in my awkward phase. Part of it has to do with my own personality, but another reason I feel awkward in CotH is because I've been noticing that circles in this community are more rigid than ever and I'm having trouble finding RP outside the one I believe I belong to.

'Circles' is a dreaded word here, I know, but it is part of the frustration I feel about this community. I know others who feel the same way, some that have even left for this reason.

However, there's also a happiness I feel in that you guys have provided me with some of the best RP I've had, and continue to do so. I believe that someone here said something along the lines of, "What we're doing here is collaborative writing/storytelling." I don't remember who this person was, but the word 'collaboration' means a lot for this community, and I think that what we do here represents the word very well.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
(05-05-2013, 10:38 AM)Geoni Wrote:
(05-04-2013, 03:23 PM)Dae Wrote: We're making headway into learning how to be together with other people in a healthy and open way. Its a bit awkward at times, yes, but everyone has an awkward phase at first with anything. Remember what it was like when you first started to Roleplay?

CotH is healthy as a community, but I still think that we have a long way to go when it comes to being open. I'd like to put it out there that I myself had an awkward phase when I first began RPing here, but it was in part due to not feeling like I fit in. Heck, I'm 2 1/2 years old here, and I still feel like I'm in my awkward phase. Part of it has to do with my own personality, but another reason I feel awkward in CotH is because I've been noticing that circles in this community are more rigid than ever and I'm having trouble finding RP outside the one I believe I belong to.

'Circles' is a dreaded word here, I know, but it is part of the frustration I feel about this community. I know others who feel the same way, some that have even left for this reason.

However, there's also a happiness I feel in that you guys have provided me with some of the best RP I've had, and continue to do so. I believe that someone here said something along the lines of, "What we're doing here is collaborative writing/storytelling." I don't remember who this person was, but the word 'collaboration' means a lot for this community, and I think that what we do here represents the word very well.
Imagine what happens when you don't feel like you're a part of a circle.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
I wonder if it might be an idea to implement some sort of "RP Guides" or leaders who could hold at least one open RP event a week or something...

(Posted from teh phonez!)
(05-05-2013, 04:55 PM)Kretol Wrote: I wonder if it might be an idea to implement some sort of "RP Guides" or leaders who could hold at least one open RP event a week or something...

This sounds like something the community could use. I'd be willing to do it.
Cayce Northend - Druid of the Cenarion Circle
Micheru Bloodrune - Moonglade Ranger / Vagabond
Gratua Daggermouth - Walking the path of Lo'gosh
Medrit Brightwind - Wandering Swordsmaster
(05-05-2013, 04:55 PM)Kretol Wrote: I wonder if it might be an idea to implement some sort of "RP Guides" or leaders who could hold at least one open RP event a week or something...

I'm all for doing this and would volunteer for this now that I have time.

However...why not promote spontaneous events all the time, then there wouldn't be a need for guides. The rewarding thing about this is that you get to RP with people you never expected you would have RP'd with.

Then again, I think it'd be productive to be given obligation, because then I'd /have/ to stir up some open RP mini-events.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
I think I'm one of the people that feels coth is already too reliant on events. It's hard to keep a guild alive unless you're doing events constantly, and it can be a real pain to keep doing all the time.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

My major frustration is when trying to generate RP, nothing happens.

We still have a fairly low population and everyone wants something different... Unless the "flavor of the month" is present. Then usually everyone holes up with that RP in one location while everyone else idles in GMI or runs off to RP privately.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
When I get the urge to RP, I sometimes try to invite as many as I can to join, but . . . Well, I suppose my timing is ridiculous. I rarely achieve anything with it - sometimes the only ones who respond are the people who are really good friends of mine, or they want something else entirely than what I want right now. It's bemusing, at times. I think these "circles" occur because some people just like different kinds of roleplay. I mean, I have plenty of OOC friends I hardly RP with at all, while others I bump into frequently without really knowing them beyond their characters.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legal/Public Status of Shadow Users c0rzilla 28 7,222 01-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Xigo
  Hammerspace, and it's users. Gaiaboy10 19 3,506 05-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Miah