The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Seriously Guys
[Image: srsly-you-guys1.gif]

SunThas' First Serious Thread

Well, recently. . . As you may know, because I've ranted about it in the OOCV, all my characters have been called jokes. It upsets me, mainly because my people are serious. Many people have openly called my characters jokes or called me a troll. Many many people have been talking behind my back. Not just my characters, but my guilds too. Mainly, Azeroth Wild Riders. My biker guild, Many people said stuff like. . .

"Your guild is not realistic."
"Your guild does not fit this time period."
"Azeroth Wild Riders, 99% of Azerothians cannot even afford bikes!" or even
"Is this a joke guild?"

Yes, maybe the cost comment is true. But no, you cannot call my guild non-realistic or it doesn't fit my time period. In my opinion Draenei are not realistic, Night Elves are not realistic, Orcs are not, Trolls are not, Tauren are not, Undead are not, Gnomes are not, Dwarves (meh lol) and all others I have missed. This because WoW is a FANTASY MMORPG for those who do not know what a FANTASY MMORPG is. ..

Fantasy is, frolicing talking deer and magic blah blah Elves and talking moo-moo cows and such. MMORPG is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Fantasy is unlimited, like rainbow unicorns or talking unicorns. Make-belief actually. So no, do not call stuff that is plausible in real life "not realistic" please.

Regarding the Time Period comment. Gnomish Engineering is alot like Steampunk/WWI technology, along with bikes. Many people back then were fighting for money and trying to earn it, because of the Great Depression. Bikes were being sold and many made by spare parts. Some people say Biker Gangs wouldn't exist. But they do, and they did. Maybe not in the Great Depression but more like the 80's but, I thought maybe if Gnomish Technology would allow Bikes, and their technology is set in the WW1 kind I could make a group of not-so-wealthy people robbing people (people,people,people,people) for money.

Back to the characters.

I consider myself a joker, someone who loves to make people smile and have a good laugh. I am not afraid to show this in my characters, even some of my most serious characters (which apparently don't exist). Comedy should be allowed in all RP, serious or not. Sometimes my characters would share a joke, immature or not. This does not give you a license to call them jokes. My characters, all characters should have. . .Character. Again, my characters do like to joke around, fart, burp, boogers out of nose and on clothes, fall off of chairs etc. etc. . This does not mean they are jokes, I like serious too. As seen in the GIF above, I like some comedy in seriousness and to me it is okay.

[Image: jack-nicholson-yes.gif]

Yes, yes it is okay.

And too all my fellow joker people, go ahead. All RP doesn't require absolutely serious, only if explicitly told so. Name calling does hurt, I dont care if it is to me. But to my hard work, my ideas and thoughts about the characters and how I want them to be hurts. I do not want my characters/guilds being called jokes. I do not want to be called a troll but I would not really mind it.

[Image: 5dcbd53f_clap.gif&size=200x300]

I am proud of this thread, but upset I have to write it. Thanks for reading
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Quote:Fantasy is unlimited.
Now, I don't want to upset you further, if you already are, and I, by all means, am not against this serious thread. But I, however, do hope this next example will make you understand why fantasy is, by all means, not unlimited.
Imagine a dark world, full of death and destruction. A post-apocalyptic one, if you wish, with the last people on earth hiding underground from zombies. The simple, cliche'ic post-apocalyptic, zombie world, yes? Now, according to your statement, fantasy is unlimited. Very well, but what happens if in the middle of the story, right when humanity is on the verge of destruction, a pink unicorn that can only speak in funny riddles appears? Doesn't everything that we've accomplished so far, and the interest we've gained in our readers, mainly because the story was on their dark, morbid and sad liking, crumble, just because we've added a certain something that, while not impossible, is sure to destroy everything?

Personally about the Wild Riders, I agree with the others; I don't like it. But, that does not mean it can't be possible! It just means my interest in it is none, or that I cling to my theories of technology not having reached that level.

Now for your characters? I absolutely agree. This game called WoW, World of Warcraft, is exactly that: a game, and, personally, I agree that seriousness in RP has its times, and to be as realistic as possible, the seriousness must be kept, however, accidents do happen at all times, and I see no problem in a funny 'accident' breaking the glass of pumped-up, serious RP.

/2cents

Do note, however, that this post I made is absolutely not directed against you; if you have had any feeling at all that I am trying to ridiculise or otherwise speak against your point in a unnappropriate way, I greatly apologise.
I dont have a problem with people not liking it, just the people that. . . Mmmh. Call them names? If you don't like them then don't RP with them is something I was trying to get at. I was typing quickly and I am trying to prepare dinner because neighbours are coming over blah blah blah excuses blah. Anyways xD, my characters dont fart around all the time. Thanks for feedback Kira!

Off Topic-ish: I lol'd at your avatar xD

gnome guy

Quote:If you don't like them (guilds or people) then don't RP with them

This, and all this.

Off topic?: The seriousness in making the post made me forgot about my avatar. Seems like SunThas' thread was... eaten. *adorns shades* YEAAAAAH.
Man, I just read your posts in Pinkie Pie's voice because of your avatar. And Kira, yours only makes things more confusing...

In a way, I can see people getting a little unsettled at the idea of a biker gang in Azeroth, and I'm usually quick to point out that people should respect the consistency we've created on the server. The thing is, if someone doesn't like the Wild Riders, not only do they not have to RP with them, but they can probably avoid all contact with them. I haven't heard of them doing anything that disrupts the RP of others, nor do anything that you couldn't do in-game on retail. But...

Well, I do personally like having comedy, and for a long time, I've been pondering the idea of a comedy-based parallel canon on the server. Perhaps that's worth pursuing, after all? It seems to me that the biggest issue with the Wild Riders is that CotH is both a tool for RP and its own, persistent world. But at the same time, the policy allows pretty much any RP as long as people are comfortable with it. If AWR were separated from srs CotH canon, I think it would make fewer people uncomfortable.

Of course, I haven't rode wildly myself, before, and perhaps I'm misinterpreting your intention for the guild? Either way, I'd still like a slapstick-friendly parallel CotH somehow, though it would take a lot of work to do that right...
I role played with you today in the Exodar just before you left to make this post. I really did enjoy your character. It was fun, energetic, and a great help with his knowledge. Don't sweat people calling your character(s) a joke, role play is meant to be enjoyed, and if you enjoy humorous role play go for it. Do whatever you enjoy so long as it doesn't negatively affect others of course. I for one have difficulties enjoying a character I play unless it has a humorous quirk to it (like the hunter that's allergic to cats so always tames alligators, etc etc) so I can sympathize with this a bit.

I don't know what to think of your guild as I have yet to encounter it or really have any knowledge of it in the first place, heh. But I'd say if the GMs of this server allow it and it fits the lore of World of Warcraft, let your imagination go wild. :]

If they really don't like your characters or guild, then yes, "If you don't like them (guilds or people) then don't RP with them" as Kira13 quoted.
Hey SunThas. I haven't talked to you much, or RPed with you much either, but, I think I know why people feel the way they do about you, and haven't actually confronted you on it. While I understand any hurt feelings you have, and can understand exactly why you posted this, I'm going to be honest with you.

I have infact, thought you to be a troll with how you play your characters for the -longest- time. Every time I've seen you roll a character (granted, the last time I RPed with you was months ago), the character was immediately comical and as you've stated, not to be taken seriously. However, the way you've approached this was by making the characters almost unbearable to be with. In the case of one of your gnomes, I remember you coming up to a group, driving in circles around them with a motor cycle, and asking very irrelevant and random questions while trying to make yourself the focal point of said RP. At the time, it seemed you used OOC information ICly, like the names of the people in said RP, and it also felt like you were trying to goad arguments by picking at everyone in any matter you saw fit. This was tiresome, and rather... well, to be blunt and honest with you, annoying.

The second time I had RPed with you, you seemed to be a cyborg. You had a character who you had RPed as being mostly machine, having a jetpack, cannon for an arm, and mechanical eyes. It was sort of awkward, because the character was unapproved, and had these extreme quirks that didn't fit any of the classes or subclasses ever presented in WoW. It came across as very forced, and you could probably see that you were sort of bothering the people trying to RP in the tavern, as we were all coming up with reason to leave.

The third time, I had just rolled Khardona, my light loving, Demon/Undead hating night elf. I was roleplaying with a few people, and you came in with a very open Gnome Warlock. You kept trying to talk in what you called "demonic" as well as mentioning the whole time how you hated Night Elves, and to me, personally.. it felt like you were trying to metagame a fight out of me. This to me, felt exactly like I was being trolled.

As for OOC, the only real issue I've seen is the constant necroing of threads. It's like... you're trying to trick people into posting in old, old, OLD topics. While there isn't a forum rule against it, it is very much so taboo to do on a forum that's trying to concentrate more on current topics. If they died, it was for a reason.

Now, these are from my own experience. I don't gossip with others, so I really don't know who else said what or why. I'm sorry that they did instead of having the spine to come forward and say something to you... but I honestly think SunThas that you're a nice enough guy. I think that in order to become a better roleplayer, you should probably take into account some boundries with your characters that you make. Try sitting down and working through a personality, as well as giving a bit more of a serious touch to things... and you will make GOOD characters. If you want to go for funny, that doesn't mean you have to be pants-on-head at all times, it means that you have to find a way to throw wit into your RP. Pants-on-head tends to be awkward. It wouldn't hurt to accept help from other players too...

Here's how I feel. You want to RP. Your doing good by the fact that you -can- RP. Sharpen up you RP habits, don't be afraid to post WIPs on the forums before even making the character, and try to be a little more serious. Anyone has any qualms about your RP should honestly shaddap and try to steer you in the right direction, if they have problems.

That's my thoughts on all of this. If you need help with anything (as long as it's reasonable) go ahead and PM me, I can try my best to give you ideas and input on -anything-. If someone has a problem with you, I invite them to be more -constructive- about it. I agree with you fully---gossip has no place here.

Good luck Sun, I hope my post helps.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

While I don't really interact with you much, I wouldn't say Bingles was a joke. He may be more light hearted than other characters. /shrug

My thoughts on this whole thing that's been going on as of late:

I've never seen anyone's character be called a joke, or even heard any notion of it. Every rumour/insult is based in truth, and perhaps your characters are too light hearted or funny for some. Who cares? There's no breaking of lore here (apart from the ongoing discussion which I have no comment on for I have not experienced the guild.)

Another thing is, asking/demanding people to stop the name-calling won't change a thing. It's you that will have to change if you truly want a different attitude towards your characters.

TL;DR, it's probably a smaller deal than you think, but this thread won't help things.

My two fine british copper pennies.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
I disagree Vee. "It's you that will have to change" - uh no. Unless Sunthas is particularly annoying or negative, I don't see why he should change. No one should change because I am X, I like Y or I do Z. There's a rule on this server which is respect and brings up the, perhaps unwritten but always applies rule of "You offend me, stop it." That's right. Sunthas demands people stop (at least publicly) the name-calling, you stop the name calling. And it's just this easy. Elsehow that makes YOU the troll and snake-mouthed gossip-loving individual.

My feelings are more towards Rensin's statement, though, even though I don't think I roleplayed a lot with you. To be blunt you can be awkward in roleplay, even though your characters are well-constituted. Also, I have never heard any rumor about you anywhere -- no "Oh Sunthas has such silly characters how could he ever get one to level 80" and associated comments. :3

Have a beer Beer cause beer is woman-dwarfy as hell.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
I'm not sure I know of the chars or guilds you speak of. I know that "Jokester" or "Comedic relief" characters can be a nuisance in the sense that they break immersion into serious themes and RP that has accumulated over time. RP that is serious to the players it effects, now this may not be something you care about so being carefree in the situation is okay for you but really annoying for others.

Your other gripe I agree with 100% and is probably one of my biggest issues with the server currently. It is the limit on Fantasy elements in the world that it is set in fantasy. I can't stress this enough this -isn't- middle earth. The game is so lulzy that it almost pokes fun at itself, I don't see -why- we can't have fun and enjoy fantasy themes that would probably not turn a head if intermeshed with the cannon. Yes some is outlandish and needs to be snipped in the bud by GMs but sometimes I think that the rules are based off personal preference of those who prefer Tolkien to whoever tf made Warcraft. I always bring up walrus people because they're so ridiculous that it almost trumps every "THAT CAN"T HAPPEN!" Or "That's way too stupid!" I don't care how cute they appear to some, walrus people are dumb. My opinion, or at least merit the idea of other things being a possibility. This is about fun so I'm unaware why the mundane is encouraged or perhaps because it is safer to mediate.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
Quote:I disagree Vee. "It's you that will have to change" - uh no. Unless Sunthas is particularly annoying or negative, I don't see why he should change. No one should change because I am X, I like Y or I do Z. There's a rule on this server which is respect and brings up the, perhaps unwritten but always applies rule of "You offend me, stop it." That's right. Sunthas demands people stop (at least publicly) the name-calling, you stop the name calling. And it's just this easy. Elsehow that makes YOU the troll and snake-mouthed gossip-loving individual.

You got the wrong message. All I meant was people don't change because you ask them to. I purposely remained neutral, not that I've ever said a bad word to him.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
While I agree with most of this thread, and have nothing against Sunthas... I feel obliged to mention this. Fantasy doesn't mean bugger-all-let's-go-wild. Not at all. It simply means a world departing from reality (What we consider reality) and its boundaries. But it has it's own bounds. Yes, it's fantasy. Yes, things of amazement exist in it. But it does hold its own logic.

In short? Fantasy =/= Blank page.
I just wanted to throw this in:

When I was still a little new to the server but still a grunt we made a biker gang that was evil on coth. I don't think I heard anyone complain about the realism. I do have some gripes about how bikes are used in RP but that's another topic entirely.
(06-30-2012, 01:13 PM)Rensin Wrote: The second time I had RPed with you, you seemed to be a cyborg. You had a character who you had RPed as being mostly machine, having a jetpack, cannon for an arm, and mechanical eyes. It was sort of awkward, because the character was unapproved, and had these extreme quirks that didn't fit any of the classes or subclasses ever presented in WoW. It came across as very forced, and you could probably see that you were sort of bothering the people trying to RP in the tavern, as we were all coming up with reason to leave.

Yes, I went -waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay- overboard with that. I'd admit I did. I am trying to focus on the -now- situation, I noticed when I started RP I went overboard. But the name-calling started recently and thats what I am trying to focus on.

Wuvvums Wrote:When I was still a little new to the server but still a grunt we made a biker gang that was evil on coth. I don't think I heard anyone complain about the realism. I do have some gripes about how bikes are used in RP but that's another topic entirely.

I had like five-eight people come up to me telling me biker gangs were -absolutely- unrealistic in this time frame which really really set me low, I thought my ideas were stupid (besides the jet pack stuff and all that). Then I thought of leaving CotH because I thought everyone became rude. Until someone, who owned Sangreala (or whatever the name was) gave me an inspirational paragraph. (sorry if I dont know who you are). Thats how low I felt.

(06-30-2012, 12:56 PM)Dae Wrote: Man, I just read your posts in Pinkie Pie's voice because of your avatar. And Kira, yours only makes things more confusing...

In a way, I can see people getting a little unsettled at the idea of a biker gang in Azeroth, and I'm usually quick to point out that people should respect the consistency we've created on the server. The thing is, if someone doesn't like the Wild Riders, not only do they not have to RP with them, but they can probably avoid all contact with them. I haven't heard of them doing anything that disrupts the RP of others, nor do anything that you couldn't do in-game on retail. But...

Well, I do personally like having comedy, and for a long time, I've been pondering the idea of a comedy-based parallel canon on the server. Perhaps that's worth pursuing, after all? It seems to me that the biggest issue with the Wild Riders is that CotH is both a tool for RP and its own, persistent world. But at the same time, the policy allows pretty much any RP as long as people are comfortable with it. If AWR were separated from srs CotH canon, I think it would make fewer people uncomfortable.

Of course, I haven't rode wildly myself, before, and perhaps I'm misinterpreting your intention for the guild? Either way, I'd still like a slapstick-friendly parallel CotH somehow, though it would take a lot of work to do that right...

I've made AWR to be a serious guild, when nobody is there AWR is a serious guild. Everyone keeps calling it a joke, ask Nymus and Ghardiak. Khris, was probably my first totally serious character.

gnome guy

I don't think I've RPed with you... ever, buuut.

I'll be honest, I like the biker gang idea. People seem to forget for all of WoW's srs grimdark zombie-demon-hellhole stuff, it's also very colorful, quirky, and downright -weird- as well, and I always like seeing attempts at staying to that.

Hell, before the restart, I gave Hrodebert (and Immy gave Jami) biker gang outfits to ride around in the motorcycle with.

We should probably bring those back...
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing you guys again. falcophoenix 7 1,330 03-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  I'm sorry guys.. Kage 8 1,714 12-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  Hey guys! Lookie here! Ormica 14 1,925 08-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Ormica