The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Server Break - Comments Thread
So we wont be able to use our old stories if the chars get wiped?
Undead palladins???? Hmm thats odd.
Sersay I love the Undead palladin, I made it my comp background =D
Quote:Luchik wrote:

This has currently been dropped into the think tank, and the piranhas have been released. I think we're getting some good results so far.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Quote:Maeven wrote:was actually rather worried I would be offered a GM position. I don't want one. YOU don't want me as one. I'm a bastard. Kretol has the patience of a saint, I've never met a man who honestly could be so utterly zen, so if he's feeling the strain, it's safe to say the strain must certainly have been considerable. I admit I am one of those people who tried to leave the forum and server, albeit quietly...however it seems it may have caused a ripple in any event.

I couldn't agree more. We all need a break! I feel that a lot of us will benefit from the break. it's possible for us to think of better ways of character building and make better stories and more complex RP situations etc.
I'm a mad man! Just as weird as any of you! most likely?
Quote:Qaza wrote:
Quote:Luchik wrote:

This has currently been dropped into the think tank, and the piranhas have been released. I think we're getting some good results so far.
I like that Qaza... :D
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
I have not been on a lot recently, so unfortunately when I heard the server was down because of drama I thought, everyone was crazy. Until my brother told me otherwise (since he's been playing like mad). I guess everyone will need a break from it. Especially the GMs since they're working like dogs. Hope all the drama will be gone once it comes back up.
Hehe.
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
I've been mostly away (school v_v), and only sorta-kinda checking forums and whatnot. So when coming back, I see that the server's down and stuff, it makes me pull a "WTF Mate?" Was this necessary? Had things gotten truly bad in the week I was gone? Is it imperative that we have a complete restart? Regardless of the restart, there will still be new people who are, quite frankly, stupid, and there will still be drama. I don't really have a serious problem with the changes, but it seems a bit like overkill at this point. From what I've seen, drama is centralized to certain people, with minor spats elsewhere that will always happen. The system for character creation seemed to work as well - if it's truly terrible, it's laughed off of the server. If it's just bad, the creator is admonished and taught. If it's not fixed, the creator is ostracized until such time as s/he fixes the problem, or leaves.

Really, it just seems like too much too soon, and leaves me asking "Okay..this is alright..but..was it necessary?"
Marius - Stormwind Paladin

Yggdrassil - T3h Yggs, Undead assassin, leader of League of Assassins.

Quote:johnrobert wrote:
Quote:Marius wrote:
((Please tell me this is a sick joke.))

what do you mean sick joke?
Was it necessary? Yes.

What you see, especially in regards to drama, is just a small slice of what actually occurs around the server. I see far more as a GM, but even I realize what I see isn't the entire picture.

A character wipe is necessary. ten Death Knights later and we all had it.

But either way, the break was put in because both myself and Kretol needed it. It HAD gotten that bad. This is the result. Everything that happens after is to make an environment that he and myself enjoys, while also trying to get back the many people that left due to drama, the stupid people and their chararacters, etc.

You can ask "Was it necessary?", but you have to realize that you don't see the entire picture.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Hey, I had an idea. If you could figure out a way to allow players to create their items themselves in a temporary ghost server, you could look over and review the items then if they're reasonable, add them to the game and give them to the character. It would ease the strain of CONSTANTLY creating items for the GMs while keeping the characters looking as cool as ever.
Quote:Hammerfall wrote:
Hey, I had an idea. If you could figure out a way to allow players to create their items themselves in a temporary ghost server, you could look over and review the items then if they're reasonable, add them to the game and give them to the character. It would ease the strain of CONSTANTLY creating items for the GMs while keeping the characters looking as cool as ever.

We need Guide lines and limits for that. I can testify that uber-overpowered weapons can break a private server. I learned that by playing with the http://wow-v.com/ Item and weapon creator. I do like this idea and now i know how much of a hassle it can be to create items. It's so time consuming and draining. This could work but someone will have to open a test server. Which is tough but bares its fruit.
Here's the thing that annoys me just a little... on the retail server, all you ever seemed to hear about was "Epic gear this, epic gear that. If you don't have this many purple items to your name, you're a slouch-bag player, yadda-yadda-yadda." Well, this is an RP server, and the most enjoyable characters could be walking around in grey items, and it wouldn't matter.

Piffle on gear. Don't rely on customized gear to make your characters interesting - rely on a well thought-out biography, character flaws and personalities. On an RP server like this, that speaks more volumes than any piece of hepped-up uber gear ever could.

There's my two cents, cash as you please. ^^

~Felseed~
"Yeah, I spanked that monkey - he tried to grab my manana."
Felseed sums up the general sentiments we've been feeling nicely. No one on this server looks at your stats, they look at how the items appear in-game.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
I agree! but it's nice to have a cool looking set while pve'in and Rp'in. I think of like this:

PVE:The stats
RP:The look

I'm not much of a Pvper.
My rp look consists of warbear leather and chimera leggings, no stats whatsoever.

Again, it's where the importance of a characters looks/gear/stat items starts to override the character itself which is problematic; you can rp without having a certain piece of gear. Believing it's impossible to rp without a certain look to one's character (as was brought up a few times) is erroneous and puts an added strain upon the GMs when new better gear is constantly being requested, whether it's for looks or for stats.

It might be worth limiting the requests for items entirely - one custom set per character, one rp set and one fighting set otherwise. If there's any look you can't do without, there's always asking tailors or leatherworkers or smiths to create something for you. I've found some rather nice drops before on mobs which, while completely grey, still looked pretty flash. Sometimes a bit of self-sufficiency goes a fair way.
Live your own life; you die your own death
I, for one, agree with Felseed. I've played on retail and shared that same sentiment. I play on Argent Dawn as Ghodfrey(Kudos for those who know me). So far, with the lack of willing people, the better-looking recolored Lightforge is out of reach. I've used the Imperial Plate which I crafted myself, so far. Yes, the Imperial Plate. In my opinion, it fits a paladin nicely. It's close to the Warcraft 3 paladin set. Now, with that said, I agree more that people look more at the stats now. That has to stop. This is a roleplaying server. Every detail you can -SEE- counts. Not those you need to /inspect to see.

And, I've cashed in my two cents.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uhhhh.... Did I break something? Zenethen 3 1,057 07-14-2014, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Revan
  Ship Event Aftermath/Comments Spiralin 1 586 12-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Krilari
  A Little Break nwolowski 2 833 07-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Last Post: nwolowski
  A short break. Torn 11 1,986 06-19-2009, 04:40 AM
Last Post: Hawk
  A hopefully not to long break. Renown0 1 675 06-04-2009, 12:52 PM