The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Server Break - Comments Thread
Hey guys, let's look at the stats because they so totally matter when the majority of us text-battle! YAY STATS!

And that concludes my demonstration, any questions?
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
Honostly I say hell to the Item Creation system, its ruined everything. Why do you need amazing stats? I personally love RPing but actually fighting, but that doesn't mean you need a godly weapon for it... Sure text-based isn't as fun, but +10000 everything just bores me. Be glad you get the Farseer's Gift. But I really don't mind the whole silver token thing cus some people want cool looking rp items, as opposed to a normal item with godly stats. You can have fun and fight without having the best gear ever, because thats what Retail is for.

Another thing. I think a legitimate reason people are leaving is because they find people not doing much. I constantly see "Where is the RP?", "Anyone wanna RP?". Even I do it sometimes. And its not that person's fault. We shouldn't have to search for people to RP with. I would love to see more activity going on like adventuring, meeting people, exploring, and just having a good time. I personally think RP includes making something out of what you have, such as adding a story to Onyxia's Lair or something, just to make it fun, and you can even adventure through it along the story. Maybe people would stay on for more than 20 minutes?

Also, either keep your drama to yourself or leave and take it elsewhere. I'd love to see the server go back up. Perhaps a "Drama Forum" is needed?
[Image: wow2copytl5.jpg]
Quote:xSTEVExCOREx wrote:
Honostly I say hell to the Item Creation system, its ruined everything. Why do you need amazing stats? I personally love RPing but actually fighting, but that doesn't mean you need a godly weapon for it... Sure text-based isn't as fun, but +10000 everything just bores me. Be glad you get the Farseer's Gift. But I really don't mind the whole silver token thing cus some people want cool looking rp items, as opposed to a normal item with godly stats. You can have fun and fight without having the best gear ever, because thats what Retail is for.

Another thing. I think a legitimate reason people are leaving is because they find people not doing much. I constantly see "Where is the RP?", "Anyone wanna RP?". Even I do it sometimes. And its not that person's fault. We shouldn't have to search for people to RP with. I would love to see more activity going on like adventuring, meeting people, exploring, and just having a good time. I personally think RP includes making something out of what you have, such as adding a story to Onyxia's Lair or something, just to make it fun, and you can even adventure through it along the story. Maybe people would stay on for more than 20 minutes?

Also, either keep your drama to yourself or leave and take it elsewhere. I'd love to see the server go back up. Perhaps a "Drama Forum" is needed?

That is 100% exactly what I think... I do not disagree to that at all.
Undead palladins???? Hmm thats odd.
Sersay I love the Undead palladin, I made it my comp background =D
I don't have any problems with extending plot threads within the lore at all, and I do agree, there did seem to be a lot of people just standing around asking for RP, but nothing ever seemed to take off. I won't lie, most of my RP is one-on-one or in small groups, but I'm trying to break that habit and get used to interacting with more people at a time.

I'm impartial to the Item Creation, but the token system is nice.

The server will come back up, and as for a 'drama forum', please no. Don't put the Encyclopedia Dramatica out of a job. :p

~Felseed~
"Yeah, I spanked that monkey - he tried to grab my manana."
There will be an area with information on how to avoid OOC drama, and what to do if it happens. That's as close to a drama forum as we will ever get, I hope.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Meh, I just wish some lads and lasses would perhaps mature a wee bit. I hate saying that because even I get in some form of Drama once in a while. So I suppose that what I'm trying to say is that people need to learn not to take everything oh so seriously.

Either way, I just can't wait untill the server is back up, I miss RPing! *Teary Eye*
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
What's the saying? "You can lead a Norse to slaughter, but you can't make him think?" Damn Berserkers... I mean, wait, that's not right at all. :D

And yes, I miss the server too, but I've gotten a lot accomplished in the last week!

~Felseed~
"Yeah, I spanked that monkey - he tried to grab my manana."
On another note....loving the Wiki so far, well done on that! Interesting bit on the titles that can be earned as well, that's going to be interesting!
Live your own life; you die your own death
Quote:Maeven wrote:
On another note....loving the Wiki so far, well done on that! Interesting bit on the titles that can be earned as well, that's going to be interesting!
Redundant Maeven is redundant. *grins innocently*
Maeven isn't an awake Maeven as Maeven has been up since 5am without tea! Therefore the page I just did on character alignments is probably rather naff and will need major editing.

But I need tea first...so...tea! Was that redundant again? *sigh*
The wiki is brilliant. Very very great idea making it!
"I'm not safe for work."
About the Pandaren thing on the Wiki, there actually are Pandaren in the MPQ files, the problem is that they're, how you say, rather hard to access. They're a reskin of the Furbolg, and have appeared as an NPC at least once, in the beta, however I have no idea which NPC ID they use and thus have no way of knowing how to access them, at least no way short of brute forcing every single NPC ID in the game from 1 to whatever thousand

As for silver tokens, I've had to rely on them a lot. I have horrible luck at getting items to drop :/
Hm...a new character sheet *steeples fingers* ...thowts a'brewing!
The server is down?! Screw this! I'll find somewhere else!

Nah. I'm patient. Take all the time ya need Kretol. -nods-

And yes, I just found out this morning. o.o :\
Furidan: The Elven Woodsman
Gazzick Tabblebolt: The Engineer Master!
[Image: a10a881f7c7a1fb2c3839d662ebaa24a.jpg]
Well NOW YOU KNOW!. *Snickers* Its near comeing back up now, or at least thats my estimate. But dont trust me as im just not the most reliable person. =/
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uhhhh.... Did I break something? Zenethen 3 1,057 07-14-2014, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Revan
  Ship Event Aftermath/Comments Spiralin 1 586 12-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Krilari
  A Little Break nwolowski 2 833 07-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Last Post: nwolowski
  A short break. Torn 11 1,986 06-19-2009, 04:40 AM
Last Post: Hawk