The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Server Break - Important!
Kretol and I have talked it over. We've watched people leave the server over poor characters, drama, and various other issues over the past month. Well, we're going to do something about it.

First, Kretol decided he needed a break. So, the server will likely be down for a while. We don't have a firm timeline as of yet as to how long the server will be down, but the ballpark is over a week. That may be shortened or lengthened depending on how we feel over the course of the break.

We won't be idle during it, though. We'll be discussing ways to make the server better upon its return, including stricter rules on character creation, rules regarding behavior, and ways to reduce the GM work-load so we're not all burnt out so much.

We'll be posting more information here as it comes out, so stay tuned.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Any comments and whatnot can be directed to this thread.
The server will be brought down tonight at 12am (two hours from this posting).
Stay tuned for any further news in regards to it being brought back up. Again, the estimated timeframe will be about a week or so.
We've already started discussing ways to improve the server to make it better and hopefully make it the true RP haven that it was designed for. The main ares we are concentrating on:

1. Character Creation - What is and is not allowable, tightening the rules here and perhaps making character development a little more fun in-game.

2. Behavioral Rules - Changes to help reduce drama and to help educate players on what to do in response to it.

3. Item System - Ways to lower the workload on GMs in regards to this while still allowing characters to be able to have their own unique look.

When we have firm answers as to *how* we're changing these things, I'll be sure to post them. Keep in touch, we're trying here!
Here's a list of changes that are certain or almost 100% certain to come with the re-release of the server. Note that this list is *NOT* final or complete. I just like to keep you all up to date on what has been decided so far.

1. There's going to be a character wipe. Every character, no holds barred, is getting deleted so we can start from scratch and accept/reject characters based on the new standards (see below.)

2. Characters who are of non-standard "classes" will be automatically rejected. This includes characters claiming such lofty titles such as Demon Hunter, Death Knight, Archmage, or Blademaster. It may, however, be possible for characters to attain these titles ICly through the proper roleplay...if we go this route, more information will be posted once it's finalized.

3. We'll be putting up rules on how to more properly handle harassment. It's on the person being harassed to do certain things, such as take screencaps of the entire conversation and report it to a GM, as well as make use of the ignore command.

4. Rules will be put in place about proper conduct and what is and is not allowed to be said on global channels. Also, there will likely be an official "Adult" channel for more extreme (such as sexual) chat can be redirected, to keep LFG clean.

More to come.
As a somewhat-related noted, all server accounts that had not been accessed since before December 1st of '07, or any that had never been logged on to, have been purged.

In other words, any active accounts as of December and onward are still in existence and can be used to log in once the server comes back up.
I'm starting to run some server tests in preparation to open it back up (not to mention changing some things).

Therefore, you may see the server up, but all non-GM accounts are currently suspended (and account creation is currently disabled).
The official verdicts:

Items: The token vendor has been killed off and his corpse dragged off into the ocean. Funeral services will be held tomorrow. Gold and Platinum tokens will be given out by the GMs as rewards for events, good behavior, etc. They'll be rare. Characters will get a stack of 10 Silver Tokens when they are leveled. (Note: The items have been obliterated. Your custom items are no more.)

Character Creation: No more class titles. You either start off as a commoner or average-Joe adventurer of your given base class. From there, you can earn titles ICly through RP with mentor characters. I'll be outlining this better later. (Note: A character wipe occurred. You will need to resubmit profiles and recreate them.) It MAY be that characters won't be leveled to 70 straight off, need to discuss a possibility with Kretol.

Behavioral Rules: We'll be coming up with a consequences list shortly. See the Wiki for server rules and the like, I'm going to be VERY strict with their enforcement. An Adult channel will be made official, to help keep more mature topics off of the public channels.

Lore Changes: We're not going to enforce an RP-wipe, *so long as the RP is legal within the new rules.* Essentially, if it's safe to put into one of the new character profiles, it'll be safe to keep. Running a farm, getting a mate, etc. etc. are all fine. Being a death knight and slaughtering villages in the name of the Scourge is not.

Keep an eye on the Wiki and the other forums for more specifics on the changes. We're still in a state of getting everything settled, though we have a good idea of the direction we want to take the server.
Server's back up! Please refer to the news post on the front page.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking a Break Kretol 87 11,056 04-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Important News Regarding Alignments! Harmonic 30 5,339 04-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Last Post: TwilightDisciple