06-18-2019 06:41 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1339
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 698
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Stealthscout
09-05-2018 03:04 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 83269
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3238

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Server Downtime - CANCELED
The downtime has been canceled. Check the last post in the thread by me for info.
Quote:The server will be coming down tonight at 11pm PDT for maintenance and database stuffs. I'll be transferring things over to the latest NCDB database, so some custom things may not be around when it comes back up (notably, any extra normal NPCs that were spawned in a normal map - for instance, extra guards in a city, etc).

In addition, all normal mobs will initially be reverted back to their 'normal' strength (such as guards), though many will be bumped back up a bit in strength (perhaps not as much as previously, however).

The downtime is anticipated to last a few hours while I try to transfer all the custom stuff over to the new database.
I Am the Sea

Need an easy way to host/link files and images? Check this thread!

Try to never just say, "My character isn't interested in that adventure." A lot of people mistake this for good roleplaying, because you are asserting your character's personality. Wrong. Good roleplaying should never bring the game to a screeching halt. One of your jobs as a player is to come up with a reason why your character would be interested in a plot. After all, your personality is entirely in your hands, not the DM's. Come up with a reason why the adventure (or the reward) might appeal to you, no matter how esoteric or roundabout the reasoning. -(Source)
As an update, I'll only be transferring certain things over for now, and then do some other things over time. For instance, tonight I'll probably only work on transferring NPCs over. Downtime shouldn't be more than an hour, as I've been working on the transfer during the day.
I Am the Sea

Try to never just say, "My character isn't interested in that adventure." A lot of people mistake this for good roleplaying, because you are asserting your character's personality. Wrong. Good roleplaying should never bring the game to a screeching halt. One of your jobs as a player is to come up with a reason why your character would be interested in a plot. After all, your personality is entirely in your hands, not the DM's. Come up with a reason why the adventure (or the reward) might appeal to you, no matter how esoteric or roundabout the reasoning. -(Source)
I was wondering, will "custom empty" places be re-filled with creeps? And extra NPCs like the abominations in the Dead Scar will they disappear too?
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

PM
I've changed my mind, and will not be doing any big replacements from NCDB for the time being, especially considering any updates from them have no easy method of doing so (ie, need to redo the whole database when it's updated).

So, downtime canceled!
I Am the Sea

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It is Time! Downtime (5/12-5/14) Kretol 33 4,094 05-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Hawk
  Reminder: Upcoming Downtime (5/12-5/14) Kretol 2 780 05-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Last Post: DrinkArizona
  Server Downtime - 3/07, 3am (PST) Kretol 14 1,765 03-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Server Downtime Kretol 0 512 02-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Temporary downtime - Maintenance 2/19 Kretol 1 424 02-20-2009, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Kretol