The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Server Restart/Downage Question Thread
This thread is designed to hold questions pertaining to the Server Restart, Downage, and subsequent addition of Wrath of the Lich King and server policy changes. When we are ready to answer the questions, we will pull them from this thread and create an announcement with the answers. This is for two reasons:

1. We don't want the announcements threads to become flooded. From now on, all questions will be posted here, and any questions on the announcement threads will be deleted.

2. It gives us a list of questions that we can pull from, and allows you to post new questions as more information comes out.

This thread should ONLY have questions, and any answers we feel like providing, though the bulk of the answers will be in future Server News announcements.

Go!
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Guess I'll start with the obvious one that's probably gnawing on everyone's minds.

Are we going to be allowed to re-roll all of our characters? Will people in the "grunts" category have to re-submit everything and go through a process of approval again? Will we still have our vouches and stuff held on? We will even be allowed to keep our characters or will everyone have to start with a "Fresh slate", having to completely create new characters for whatever reason?
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
I'm -not- saying characters will be outright deleted when I say this, but, don't get attached to any characters you have right at the moment. We have to mess with the timelines, and server lore so that it will all fit. WotLK has a lot of new stuff. We are going to have to read up, try to make things fit, and get ourselves comfortable before we can say for sure what the setting is going to be.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Can we finish/ post our storyline/ s before server goes down/ is still on?

I'm in school, had problem finding this topic.
[Image: irontrooperx.png]
IronTrooper Wrote:Can we finish/ post our storyline/ s before server goes down/ is still on?

I'm in school, had problem finding this topic.

It was stated in the first news post that you should find a way to wrap up roleplay and storylines.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Will vouches be deleted or held on?
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
Touchseed Wrote:Will vouches be deleted or held on?

Everyone, with the exception of the Heroes and select Grunts who we feel are really excellent examples of the Grunt rank, will become "visitors" and will need to apply to be accepted to the server and begin earning their vouches. We hope this will cut down on bot attacks and non-RPers joining the server.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Yes, considering that it shows our server population as two-thousand something when the actual number of player who play is somewhere -roughly- in the forties, if not the thrities.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Having to re-earn vouches after being here so long is going to make a lot of people angry...
Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.
Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,
let love and light be our guides again.
Really, you have to kinda look at it this way. Why would they get angry? The people who are going to get angry are the people who would get angry, no matter -what-. If they are polite, intelligent, and generally the type of person that we really want on the server, they will do just fine. If they are -not- polite, intelligent, or are the exact opposite of what we want, then they will go elsewere.

I hate to put it so bluntly, and I'd be -exstatic- if all the grunts made it back.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Qaza Wrote:
Touchseed Wrote:Will vouches be deleted or held on?

Everyone, with the exception of the Heroes and select Grunts who we feel are really excellent examples of the Grunt rank, will become "visitors" and will need to apply to be accepted to the server and begin earning their vouches. We hope this will cut down on bot attacks and non-RPers joining the server.

Thanks for the answer! Sounds good too me, but I can only hope that wont flood you guys too much.

Second question. . .

Will there be more GMs added to help out?
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
I suppose it just felt like a slap to the face to have worked so hard on my stuff here, and taking so long to earn those coveted vouches, to just have them taken away....
Since I don't really put myself out there much I don't feel like the GM's really know me...I doubt I'll make it into the 'special' group who gets to stay gruntified :S

Could also be life being mean to me in general lol...

Anyways I'll let this carry on now. I'm likely not helping. I hope things do work out for the best....I really love this place so much...
Well, again Gene, if you really feel that way and you wish to make it back up to grunt, the work would be worth it again. It's going to be a lot of work for everyone.

And to answer your question Touch, we are always discussing possible cantidates, but right now nothing has come up.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I personally don't have any issues with being demoted to a lower status. Getting vouches is not really hard, so long as you are a good RPer, and you find existing Grunts to RP with. So, personally, I welcome our new insect overlords.
Oh you had to say bugs didnt you D:
Is that where the lore is going? >.> Did those nasty insects eat more people and places?

I think I'm scared lol

....and now really curious on what the new lore will entail o.O iiiinteresting. Actually I see this as a nice little update for my lovely Sharlai. Her now is nothing like her in her wiki profile...lol too much stuff has happened. xD

Dang the fun...And the writing of a new profile...I better go save her physical features before I forget them >.>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character Restart Thread Xigo 127 22,697 10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Derek2319
  It just HAD to happen in Restart Day. ImagenAshyun 1 753 09-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Djura
  Restart and [DP] Bovel 0 710 08-29-2011, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  A Personal Restart Sadron 0 754 08-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Sadron