The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Server Restart/Downage Question Thread
WoTLK installs it to .1. Just run the launcher and it'll download the patches, if you haven't modified the realmlist. Or just download it from wowwiki.
Paint. (It's red now!)
Just run the launcher and let it all patch; it works fine.
Nietzsche is so overrated
˜★Sketch Blog
I just got monumentally confused (someone slap the blonde out of me >.>)

So...is the new lore line going to be Completely Different from the old one? Will our old characters be able to fit in still? o.O I have many <3's for my elf...
Or did I read things wrong?
Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.
Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,
let love and light be our guides again.
Going to be different, yup. You're going to have to alter the character's profiles to fit in with the new settings, once we find out what they are.
Paint. (It's red now!)
One final question before I let this thread go ahead and die. Will the custom areas be removed as a result of the update? It's a big update, probably changes a bunch of areas, so it seems possible they'd get deleted or something...
Paint. (It's red now!)
Yes, most of the custom areas are going bye-bye and being reworked!
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Quiiick question. Is the server going to be updated to the base Wotlk? Or the latest 3.0.3 patch? o.O
We still don´t know that, we´ll release more info once we get everything working a tested.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

backing up the accounts database and then restoring that might be what they are trying to do granted some toons may be lost during that process as the entry tables for the database get updated and its likly that a 'accounts' database will be updated for the new patch/future patches and the off chance of an error occuring while isnt the most possible outcome accidents do happen and some toons may be unable to log or might become corrupt as a result :/
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
They said all characters and accounts are going away. People will also need to re-submit profiles once the server resumes. Read the rest of the posts on this and you'll learn more than I can remember at the moment.
Oh poo. o_o This is what I get for going to Montana for my whole break... Sigh. Oh well. Hope this all works out. ^_^

I wonder if I'll ever get those vouches back...
Genekitty Wrote:Quiiick question. Is the server going to be updated to the base Wotlk? Or the latest 3.0.3 patch? o.O

Just to follow-up on this. Currently testing is occurring on 3.0.3, which I believe is the latest patch.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
*glee*!
Oh wow...got hit by a HDD reformat and suddenly every place I visit either closed or went into development.
I blame global conspiracy.

Kind of iffy/meh on the LK expansion... Iffymeh... If AND meh.
When the GMS give us a go to post the introduction interview will it also be a green light to make a game account? Or doesn't that work that way?
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character Restart Thread Xigo 127 22,697 10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Derek2319
  It just HAD to happen in Restart Day. ImagenAshyun 1 753 09-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Djura
  Restart and [DP] Bovel 0 710 08-29-2011, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  A Personal Restart Sadron 0 754 08-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Sadron
  Abput the pre-restart profiles Nekronos 5 1,199 08-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Piroska