The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Server Restart/Downage Question Thread
There will also most likely be a player cleanup as well (the last two were announced in the News and can be found in the past News posts).
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Sorz if this has been previously answered a i looked around a bit couldnt find anything that fully explained of just didnt confuzzle me XD

When the server restart o.o it says peons and grunts with be dropped to the visitor rank does this means we have to re-create out 'first post/user introduction thread' and make the account for the server again right? Im just posting to make sure i have clear understanding of what I have to do when the server is back up...so a confirmation that thats what must be done will be much appreciated. :) thanks in advance
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
*Places a large confirmation stamp on above post*

Aye, all peons and most grunts will be dropped to visitor status which means they will need to make a new "introduction" for approval.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I am kind of curious as to what parameters are being used to decide if a grunt should stay a grunt. Has this already been discussed or is a list coming out soon? I know we already have our first heroes...I just wondered if maybe time spent with the server, and actively of course, had anything to with it.
Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.
Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,
let love and light be our guides again.
We've already got the list of Grunts, we decided on them at the same time we decided on the Heroes. The people on the list were unanimously decided, and they will, obviously, stay Grunts when we implement the Visitor rank, thats how you will know who they are. There were just far too many factors in deciding to list, though.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
Ah, fun fun. :) Looking forward to everything coming out roses.
Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.
Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,
let love and light be our guides again.
I don't know if this question is able to be answered however hopefully you can give me, and anyone else who wants to know, an estimate. What will happen when the majority of us are demoted to visitors? I mean with the introductions, won't it take like 10 GM's all going at once to clear everyone in the shortest time. I know I have been checking the site every 2.5 seconds to see if it changed so when it does finally change I can get my introduction up ASAP. However I bet other people are doing it considering this week the site has had up to 23 people on it for a while so with everyone posting an intro at once won't it take a while before everyone who wants to play is able to play?
saluku Wrote:I don't know if this question is able to be answered however hopefully you can give me, and anyone else who wants to know, an estimate. What will happen when the majority of us are demoted to visitors? I mean with the introductions, won't it take like 10 GM's all going at once to clear everyone in the shortest time. I know I have been checking the site every 2.5 seconds to see if it changed so when it does finally change I can get my introduction up ASAP. However I bet other people are doing it considering this week the site has had up to 23 people on it for a while so with everyone posting an intro at once won't it take a while before everyone who wants to play is able to play?

I've got a bit of an addition. It's not really a question, but for a while.. I was thinking that the Heroes would have a part in approving Introductions, being the true veterans of the server. I could be horribly wrong though.
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
It'll take a little while for us to get to everyone, sure, but we aren't going for some sort of world record get-everyone-that-applies-checked in one day. It will probably, at first at least, go at a similar rate to how the character profiles did.
Mikain Wrote:It'll take a little while for us to get to everyone, sure, but we aren't going for some sort of world record get-everyone-that-applies-checked in one day. It will probably, at first at least, go at a similar rate to how the character profiles did.
It'll take a little while for us to get to everyone, sure, but we aren't going for some sort of world record get-everyone-that-applies-checked in one day. It will probably, at first at least, go at a similar rate to how the character profiles did.

... Really? Ouch... From what I remember the character profiles when I joined up took about two weeks to approve, I really hope you are talking about the profiles during the last week/week and a half that the server was up because that was very quick.
Oh, er, yeah. Those last ones that Sas worked really well on and got through them ridiculously quick. Something like that, I don't know, that's just what I think, until it happens we can't really know.
But we will work to get the introductions through quickly, as Mikain said, we won´t know until we´re there.

From that moment on, everyone loved Sas. :3

And also what about custom ranks? 3:
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Since the servers going wrath and blizzard seems more keen to shutting down larger servers...people have to go somewhere :/ like...will you stop admitting people to the server if the population rises to much? I'd hate to see the rare rp server go out cause blizz thinks were stealing there players XD
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
We have allways aimed to be a small server, tightly knit and more like a family or guild. That feeling, as we have learned, is lost when we grow to big.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character Restart Thread Xigo 127 22,697 10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Derek2319
  It just HAD to happen in Restart Day. ImagenAshyun 1 753 09-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Djura
  Restart and [DP] Bovel 0 710 08-29-2011, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  A Personal Restart Sadron 0 754 08-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Sadron
  Abput the pre-restart profiles Nekronos 5 1,199 08-19-2010, 10:19 AM