The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Server Restart/Downage Question Thread
Nostra Wrote:We have allways aimed to be a small server, tightly knit and more like a family or guild. That feeling, as we have learned, is lost when we grow to big.

<3 you! :)
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
A guild of rp/grammer/spelling nazi's.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
Grammar*

<,<
>,>

Anywho... get on with the questioning!
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

You ruined my test Al, you're not supposed to fix it. >.>
My apologies if this has been asked earlier, but have you decided on the leveling system as of yet? I'm wondering about the nuts-and-bolts. What does a Grunt's character get when he/she decides to get it leveled to 80? Is it at all different from what we have now (Changes in money/tokens/requirements/something else I might want to know)?

As well, what're the latest on dos/don'ts for server stability? Are there certain things that we might try to avoid that won't be fixed by the time the server comes back?
Lol, Mikain got corrected by the dude who won't stop putting a space in his contractions (i.e. "won 't" instead of "won't") LOL
˜★Sketch Blog
hawk Wrote:And also what about custom ranks? 3:

What about 'em?

Kaghuros Wrote:My apologies if this has been asked earlier, but have you decided on the leveling system as of yet? I'm wondering about the nuts-and-bolts. What does a Grunt's character get when he/she decides to get it leveled to 80? Is it at all different from what we have now (Changes in money/tokens/requirements/something else I might want to know)?

As well, what're the latest on dos/don'ts for server stability? Are there certain things that we might try to avoid that won't be fixed by the time the server comes back?

We're working out all of those right now. Leveling seems to work just fine, but custom items (Like the Farseer's Ring, Silver Tokens, and Chunk of Gold) were erased when the accounts were, and the database needs a LOT of cleaning up (as far as I understand). The actual leveling system (get vouched, get your profile approved, get leveled/silver tokens/treats) ain't broke, so it's likely that we aren't fixing it.

The latest do's/don'ts, as of right now, because you asked for it... *deep breath*

DO:
-Have a map handy. Currently all signs (and a lot of other game objects) point the same direction, making navigation a little difficult in unfamiliar areas.

-Love the 'do you have. Barbershops do not currently work.

-Take a walk. Most of the transportation systems are completely broken right now.

DON'T:
-Take a flight. At least in Northrend. Talking to a LOT of the flight masters causes the server to crash.

-Ignore monsters. Even if they ignore you. We're having problems with a lot of Northrend mobs behaving as if they can't quite see you. They'll make the attacking noises, but do not follow or actually attack.

-Count on getting a motorbike. Or a mammoth. Or the nifty new minipets. The items for these are supposed to teach you a spell to summon the item and consume the item. Half of that works, and it's the expensive half.

-Die. Sounds simple, but Northrend graveyards don't work at all as of this post. It makes dying... highly inconvenient.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
[/quote]The latest do's/don'ts, as of right now, because you asked for it... *deep breath*

DO:
-Have a map handy. Currently all signs (and a lot of other game objects) point the same direction, making navigation a little difficult in unfamiliar areas.

-Love the 'do you have. Barbershops do not currently work.

-Take a walk. Most of the transportation systems are completely broken right now.

DON'T:
-Take a flight. At least in Northrend. Talking to a LOT of the flight masters causes the server to crash.

-Ignore monsters. Even if they ignore you. We're having problems with a lot of Northrend mobs behaving as if they can't quite see you. They'll make the attacking noises, but do not follow or actually attack.

-Count on getting a motorbike. Or a mammoth. Or the nifty new minipets. The items for these are supposed to teach you a spell to summon the item and consume the item. Half of that works, and it's the expensive half.

-Die. Sounds simple, but Northrend graveyards don't work at all as of this post. It makes dying... highly inconvenient.[/quote]

Does that mean we can expect the server to be down for another few days or even a week? :(
The server will be down for as long as it takes to get it stable. We aimed for a week, but in truth that was a REALLY overly ambitious choice, considering holidays and other personal situations right now.

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Oh well, That just means in a week or two its going to be better then if we started now. Not as many problems and crashes. So we can enjoy the delicious RP of CoTH.
As of right now my status as a grunt has not changed... And I am pretty sure I am not one of the grunts chosen to stay a grunt, also all of the peons are still written in blue text on my screen. Is is just me or have they yet to become offically demoted?
We're workin' on it, heh. And all of the 'peons' you see are not peons. There is an actual new rank called peon that you must be added to.
As of NOW all the people ranked as Grunts are the ones we feel exemplify what a Grunt should be. Congratulations to them!

Currently the new Visitor rank and the Peon rank are the same color, making them hard to distinguish. We hope to fix that soon.

~Kurt Vonnegut
hehe i know about the server error problem where game objects all face the same directions...if you go to scarlet monestary the instance door (Which are lock and require keys to open) are facing a direction you can completly ignore and just walk in :/ The dk mounts crash the server i know this D: and northrend maps are buggy and can cause lag and server crashes...those are likely reason enough to Listen well and do as the gm's say...I'd rather not have the server down a few more days for fixing because of that :(
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
Qaza Wrote:As of NOW all the people ranked as Grunts are the ones we feel exemplify what a Grunt should be. Congratulations to them!

Ah, thank you very much! I never thought I'd be one of the lucky ones!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character Restart Thread Xigo 127 22,697 10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Derek2319
  It just HAD to happen in Restart Day. ImagenAshyun 1 753 09-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Djura
  Restart and [DP] Bovel 0 710 08-29-2011, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  A Personal Restart Sadron 0 754 08-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Sadron
  Abput the pre-restart profiles Nekronos 5 1,199 08-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Piroska