The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Server Restart/Downage Question Thread
yes, thats great, but again, cant you give an estimate? I'm really excited! (:
Im not doubting you guys in any way, it would just be great to have an idea on where in the process you guys is. Azeroth is huge :)
[Image: Untitled.png]
One hour to about, hm, let´s say five months.

Really, we´re several people living in different parts of the world each with their own schedule and things to do. We´re working on it but it will take some time. Patience is a virtue.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

That was scary. Why'd you have to go and ask, Mythic?
I have confidence in the GMs, they wouldn't have started the downtime without being as prepared as they could be. Like Nostra said, Patience. It will be done soon enough. And by the time they are done, the whole Account thing might be done. And by then I should have mentally recovered from the 'Five Months' comment.

I'm guessing it wouldn't be inaccurate to say "Soon Enough" considering the last date given to us for the downtime was one week. Albeit a bit ambitious, it shouldn't be too far off. It's only been two weeks since, and every time I see a Hero or GM and even when our Administrator gets on, I'm thinking: "It's coming together."
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
Yeah, i do know that and to be honest, i really do not know why i asked. A RP server of this kind is rare, im really looking forward to this. I am sorry, it wasnt supposed to be offending. Im like a kid christmas eve. Well, its purely up to the admins and ofcause i trust that they are doing the best they can, as fast as possible.

The alternative would be a shitty server, with many buggs and hundreds of downtimes due to that. I like tthe method these admins are using. Im just scared my expectations are too high..

- Peace, Myth

P.s. Sorry guys /:
I'm also checking every hour, and its like Santa Claus is real!

Sitting in front of server doors with introduction in my hand.

Just want to ask, will double mounts and barber be available when you finish, pleash say no only if you are certain... *cry*
[Image: irontrooperx.png]
Pardon me if I speak out of bounds, but I think the Barber should work eventually, I've seen it done on most private servers, however I'm not sure about the double-mounts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and again, sorry if it's not my place to theorise.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!
The last I heard at least one of the barbers did work. There´s been trouble with the mounts and I don´t think anyone have tested the double/tripple seated ones yet.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Flying mounts don't work in Northrend yet, let alone double-seated mounts.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Can the GMs give us some knowledge on what they are up to? Custom rp gear, etc?
Who Loves Orange Soda?
farmerzjohn Wrote:Can the GMs give us some knowledge on what they are up to? Custom rp gear, etc?

To be honest, "Custom RP gear" is one of the last things on anyone's mind. Let's just sit back and allow them to do the work they need to. Think about it like this, the more questions they have to answer the less time they will have to fix the server. :)
Quote:The problem with flying mounts is an aura issue, After a bit of digging I found the fix, no guarantees it works but if it's a problem you could give it a shot. It did work for me.

Open ArcEmu source,
Open Player.cpp

Close to line 3650 - Edit if(flying_aura && m_mapId != 530) to be if(flying_aura && ((m_mapId != 530) && (m_mapId != 571 || !HasSpellwithNameHash(SPELL_HASH_COLD_WEATHER_FLYING))))

Repeat around lines 8490 & 8545

Open SpellNameHashes.h

Add this line in any location - #define SPELL_HASH_COLD_WEATHER_FLYING

Open Unit.cpp

Close to line 4165 - Edit if( m_mapId != 530 ) to be if(m_mapId!=530 && (m_mapId!=571 || (IsPlayer() && !((Player*)this)->HasSpellwithNameHash(SPELL_HASH_COLD_WEATHER_FLYING))))

Close and recompile source code.

This essentially means that when a play learns the spell "Cold Weather Flying" they will be able to use their flying mounts in Northrend. Anyway hope this helps if it's what you're looking for.

Just used that quote box to make things neater. For the multi-person mounts even the live realms are experiencing piles of amusing glitches with them, so I wouldn't count on that being ready quite yet, but I may be wrong. I'm curious how that all objects facing north problem is being dealt with? Did you guys figure it out or?
[Image: Signature.png]
well, i suppose thats fates ironi.
- in my ecstacy of serious RP-WoW, my so called 'Introduction' was denied. Talk about Ironi -.-'

Anyways, i suppose Qaza should do a better job describing what rules they judge from, if rules are so picky..

I hope i get another chance some other time!

- Peace, and good luck all! :]

Myth
They've already made it as clear as they can without actually holding people by the hand through the intro process. It's not so difficult really, but some make it, some don't. I would really rather hope people will accept this in good grace and not feel the need to grumble afterwards if they don't manage to make the cut. Good luck in other endeavours.

(P.S. - it's "irony")
Live your own life; you die your own death
So... If I can post in the IC forum, I can roleplay there?
Will the level cap still be 80? And will we have access to the WotLK abilities?
[Image: Signature.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character Restart Thread Xigo 127 22,697 10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Derek2319
  It just HAD to happen in Restart Day. ImagenAshyun 1 753 09-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Djura
  Restart and [DP] Bovel 0 710 08-29-2011, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  A Personal Restart Sadron 0 754 08-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Sadron
  Abput the pre-restart profiles Nekronos 5 1,199 08-19-2010, 10:19 AM