The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Server Restart/Downage Question Thread
I believe Dalaran is a more fitting location for political intrigue as opposed to outright violence. It just reeks of high class when you walk through the streets.

As for questions, will the level cap still be 80 when the server opens up, and will we have access to WotLK abilities? I'm a fan of the animations and such. Some of them are fitting for RP.
[Image: Signature.png]
If we don't have level 80 or WotLK abilities, then we won't have anything new at all from Wrath. Nothing that we can actually use, that is. So if we don't have anything new, then I don't see why we're upgrading at all. So there must be something that works.
At the moment, there probably isn't, but by the time they do open the server again, we will have most of the Wrath stuff, besides, it was getting impractical for people to have to run WotLK and BC.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!
Precisely. So the key thing here is still patience. If we rush it, it'll suck, but if we don't, we'll be able to go to Northrend and Dalaran and cast Mirror Image and everything.

By the way, I've heard talk that Northrend would possibly be restricted. In my humble opinion, I don't think that this would be so much of a good idea, as long as there was actually a way to get there. If we had a portal, and we could go there via that portal, I don't see what the issue should be. It's no more unreasonable than, say, going to another dimension and exploring the demon-infested ruins of a dead world. In IC terms, all you really need is a ship, and those are easy enough to come by, providing you either, A, own one, or B, bribe the goblins owning the ship.

After thought: We've all been waiting for this for so long that I don't think it would be fair to restrict such a large portion of the new content. I can understand perfectly why Death Knights aren't allowed, but if the server lore is constructed in such a way that there is no way to go to Northrend, despite how the official lore says that there are ships going there, and contrary to what the public wants, then I feel like that would be a huge downer for pretty much everyone. People would get jealous of the heroes, and then there would be OOC drama, and nobody wants that.
Heard talk from where, the news post that states right out we're closing it? We decided on a spot in the lore before it, so it isn't open. Simple as that. -NO one- is allowed there IC, and the Heroes were only there during our bug test phase.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
Now, if I'm understanding correctly, that's a good idea.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you thinking to leave us a little time to make friends, and RP in the Normal known World correct? Because even if Northrend was open, it'd only be open to Explorers and Teams to Clear Scourge etc. Not the normal every-day public.

'least that's how I see it.
Right, this way there is a looming threat, and eventually a new place.
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
Now here's a thought, I assume we know it exists already, seeing as there's so much lore based around it, even before WotLK.
But, my thought is, why did no-one mention it pre-expansion? It still existed, and most people would have known about it...
´cuz noone cared about it. Now people are interested due to the comming invasion.

@Scout: It´s closed because it´s too buggy, as I´ve understood it portals aren´t stable there which means that we can´t really get there with any other means than a GM devoting his/her time to summon people there.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I understand that it is buggy. My points were based on if it weren't buggy. I guess that I can live with it being restricted, but there's a lot of stuff there that I'd really like to see.

EDIT: I suppose that what I'm saying isn't that it should be open, EVEN if it's buggy, but that once it's stable enough to be used, people shouldn't be prevented from going there if they want to. Of course they would need an IC reason. That's only logical. But anyone who does have a good reason to go there should be entitled to do so.
Well, the thing is, if people go there when it's buggy the GMs are going to be up to their necks in complains and begs to be fixed for whatever reason.

I would suggest going onto wowstatus.net and looking up some other private servers, so you can check out the new stuff on there. :)
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
hawk Wrote:Well, the thing is, if people go there when it's buggy the GMs are going to be up to their necks in complains and begs to be fixed for whatever reason.

I would suggest going onto wowstatus.net and looking up some other private servers, so you can check out the new stuff on there. :)

Sounds like a good idea, hopefully we can form a small little group of Roleplay if some of us wind up on the same servers.
People keep misreading what I'm saying. I'm saying that once it's stable, there should be nothing stopping us from going there.

If anyone finds another server where we can RP, do tell.
Also a good idea! ... I just need to get permission to download wrath then I'm good to go.

And also THISis the list of private servers. Yep, there's a lot of 'em.

@Scout: Woops! And yeah, once it's stable, it should be fine to go there IMO.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Scout Wrote:People keep misreading what I'm saying. I'm saying that once it's stable, there should be nothing stopping us from going there.

Once Northrend is stable, nothing WILL be stopping you from going there. I'm not sure where people are getting this from. Nothing official said that that Northrend would be closed indefinitely or only open to certain people. Allow me to state the obvious and say it would be stupid to close off an entire continent if it's not broken.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character Restart Thread Xigo 127 22,697 10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Derek2319
  It just HAD to happen in Restart Day. ImagenAshyun 1 753 09-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Djura
  Restart and [DP] Bovel 0 710 08-29-2011, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  A Personal Restart Sadron 0 754 08-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Sadron
  Abput the pre-restart profiles Nekronos 5 1,199 08-19-2010, 10:19 AM