The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Server Restart/Downage Question Thread
saluku Wrote:Sounds like a good idea, hopefully we can form a small little group of Roleplay if some of us wind up on the same servers.

Actually, that's an awesome idea! How about one of us starts a social network at Ning.com , it's a really excellent site that allows you to start a very easy to set up but really flexible social network at no cost. We could start a Ning for private server RP'ers! Someone please do it, it would rock much more than a forum or whatever.

(I myself can't do it cause I run a few very high-profile Nings and people would be able to trace my account to the other Nings and my name is not to be correlated with private servers for personal reasons)
Qaza, I will buy you a pizza.

Qaza... please... give... Cou... candy...
As I don't see any of introductions getting accepted, does that mean we all have to fix them or what?
[Image: irontrooperx.png]
We've done a few if you look in the archived introduction section.

And as the server wasn't even up when we started letting people post their intro's I don't see why people have been so impatient about it.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A lot of the hesitation right now has been due to the timing. Rensin has had to bow out again for a time, and the holidays are upon us. I'm coming down with something I think. The end result is that very few people are able to dedicate a lot of time to it.

In addition, we're still determining just what we consider as acceptable or not, so a lot of the time now and a few days after the server coming back up will be examining how many people are on the server and how well the system is working, thus how strict we should or should not be.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Grakor456 Wrote:A lot of the hesitation right now has been due to the timing. Rensin has had to bow out again for a time, and the holidays are upon us. I'm coming down with something I think. The end result is that very few people are able to dedicate a lot of time to it.

In addition, we're still determining just what we consider as acceptable or not, so a lot of the time now and a few days after the server coming back up will be examining how many people are on the server and how well the system is working, thus how strict we should or should not be.

So when will they be a beta test for the Heroes, GMs, etc? January? Febuary?
Who Loves Orange Soda?
I think that this is a good idea. It can be pretty hard to decide exactly what level of quality is acceptable, and for different people, "good enough" can vary. I know that my brother, Norcar, is struggling to find what he can add to his introduction to meet what he believes is the level of quality that you want. If it takes some time to find out what "good enough" means, then that's fine, at least for me. I'd rather that a lot of thought was put into it.
farmerzjohn Wrote:So when will they be a beta test for the Heroes, GMs, etc? January? Febuary?

I believe the answers you are looking for are in the GM FAQ.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Qaza Wrote:
farmerzjohn Wrote:So when will they be a beta test for the Heroes, GMs, etc? January? Febuary?

I believe the answers you are looking for are in the GM FAQ.

Uhm, I -think- he means when will the server open for "beta", Hm, maybe you could clarify, farmerzjohn?

If it is what I thought we´ve already had a alpha/beta of sorts with testing for bugs, the server will open up for all peons, heroes, grunts and GMs when we´ve made the final touches so to speak, hopefully not too long. But we do not currently have an exact time.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Well, I read the new addition to the server lore, and would just like to ask a quick question, which is; what's the condition of the city like after it's overtaking? Maybe you could add it to the server lore, because I imagine it won't exactly be pristine, but I don't really know the nature of it's overtaking. A whole city being slaughtered and driven out would cause a lot of damage.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!
The residents were more or less forced out by the Apothecaries and Varimathras's minions. There were undercity refugees stationed outside the city and in Orgrimmar once you start the quest, so it doesn't seem like the vast majority has been wiped out, merely moved.

After you retake the city things return mostly to normal. Excluding good ol' Varimathras of course. It seems his demonic masters have finally come back to reclaim him... and so, he now serves a greater evil.
"My companions' feelings have been etched onto my body.
I'll change this eternal darkness to light!
Heaven and Earth...
One body, one soul!

Chouginga, Gurren-Lagann!

I'll show you...
The power of mankind!"
Well, that's live, what I'm thinking is; how can such a large event cause so little? Surely the statues would be damaged, maybe the shops torn up? If people were forced out, that entails some damage or something, doesn't it?
I... suppose? What would you want this server to do about it? It's a hassle enough as it is to make sure things don't glitch, but to pretty up an area that most likely won't see much use anyway is just more work. Undercity was already an unclean city. You can't do much more to it besides bust up some stones or smash apart that one coffin. Even then, that isn't feasible for the GMs to accomplish.
Heaven and Earth...
One body, one soul!

I'll show you...
The power of mankind!"
I'm not talking about customising it, I'm speaking of RP-wise, residents would have things lost, destroyed etc. Most of them would now be poor, have lost most of their heirlooms if they hadn't taken them away. I was also thinking of things like maybe some of the bridges being closed for repair, etc. Things that don't need any customisation.
Well, it looks like you answered your own question. Most of that (excluding the bridges) was how Undercity was before the overtaking of it. I'd assume that the city would be in a slight state of shock, and the Banshee Queen be angrier than ever.
Heaven and Earth...
One body, one soul!

I'll show you...
The power of mankind!"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character Restart Thread Xigo 127 22,697 10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Derek2319
  It just HAD to happen in Restart Day. ImagenAshyun 1 753 09-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Djura
  Restart and [DP] Bovel 0 710 08-29-2011, 04:02 AM