The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Server Restart: Possible Training Cost Change
Summary:
Potential training costs changing with the restart? Less monetary reward for getting a character approved/leveled?
Find out more!

What do you folks think?
I concur.

If I'm correct, 1800 gold is wasted on such training. Yes. Do it.
"Good roleplaying is not equivalent to saying that your character is not interested or molded for a certain situation.
Quite the contrary - good roleplaying is making up a reason for your character to do that thing, no matter the obstacles!"
I find it a not very good idea.
As it will take away the possibility for people to train expensive professions that require more gold.
It wil also make the profession airship totaly not required either anymore due to the amount of people who cannot afford having a profession anymore.

I say,
Keep the current reward and everything goes well.
[Image: kuzco_llama_by_mroobalooba-d3jkg9p.png]

Oh my god... you didn't...
Remember, it would only be for class skills and riding training. Not professions.
Whilst it would be sweet to have all class skills given to a player the instant they dinged level 80, getting further gold without gear to back it up tends to require golds to be spent...granted, any tier that isn't t10 doesn't cost more than 1000g...but what's said is somewhat right in regards to professions, since I've found them to be the biggest gold sinks of all...

Perhaps you could remove just the training costs of professions also? So players save a small amount of gold?
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Desperate for some rp? Try the resident of OOC for a change!

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-I-can-has-rp

Sounds good to me.
(08-31-2011, 11:27 PM)Avitz Wrote: Whilst it would be sweet to have all class skills given to a player the instant they dinged level 80, getting further gold without gear to back it up tends to require golds to be spent...granted, any tier that isn't t10 doesn't cost more than 1000g...but what's said is somewhat right in regards to professions, since I've found them to be the biggest gold sinks of all...

Perhaps you could remove just the training costs of professions also? So players save a small amount of gold?

Though, when it comes to professions, the issue comes mostly with the cost of the reagents required. I'm not sure how that could be "mended" easily.
It seems I misinterpreted Jaella's original response:

1000g is still quite a fair amount. It's more than enough to get upper-tier equipment to go out and make more gold if one desires. And the value to be spent on professions doesn't really change a whole lot (after the class/riding training is cut). Furthermore, please keep in mind the vastly increased skill advancement for professions (let alone having a fair chance to increase skill from green items).
Sounds win to me, because I only use my gold for mounts, abilities and training. As I like to RP and have no interest in raiding or grinding or whatever people who play World of Warcraft do. So of course I'm extremely biased but this would take a giant load off my shoulders.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
I'm not sure if this is the place to put this, but what if you guys created Custom items for professions. Like say I'm an engineer, but im already maxed at 450, wouldn't it be awesome if I could come across a strange schematic that had never been seen before? Also, the Engineer's Ink and Parchment needed to make the Inlaid Mithril cylinder plans often make me think, what if Engineers were able to design their very own inventions. Such things are Subjects that Blizzard rarely acknowledges.
I like and I don't like. While on one hand, HUZZAH FREE Riding, my professions will take me a bit longer. One enchant I have, soulfrost, currently costs 333g [If my calculations were correct]. That's a forth of that 1k gone already, for one enchant not even at max. Other enchants around that level cost similar. Tailoring can get pretty pricy too, getting all the job ranks, the patterns and so forth. Alchemy I didn't have an issue with really.

I do think all my gear cost a bit over 1k, so I'd have to wait for another approved character in order to be able to finish the set. But, there are are more pros and cons I can see!

Pros:
FREE
It might discourage people to make an alt, profile it, get the gold then delete it. Less dust-collecting characters.
We wouldn't have to spend the gold on OOC mechanics for out RP visuals.
Discourages OOC professions on an RP server.

Cons:
People might OOC more to do dailies to make up for that extra 2k gold lost. [Guilty]
People might OOC more to farm their profession mats because they can't buy as many mats as before. [Guilty]
There might be MORE dust-collecting characters made with little thought to the history besides getting an extra 1k. Three characters to get the amount you get on one currently.
People are going to be more stingy about giving out 300g for newbies to get a bronze token. 300g out of 3k was pocket change before, but now it's more than a forth of the gold you just got!
Oooh. Those are a lot of good points. I've changed my vote, as i forgot about the bronze tokens. Also one of my chars has a flying carpet, I would be upset if it took most of my gold to make it. I never paid attention to how much professions were. 2k would be sweet. Or maybe I can revoke my vote for no change as skills and riding training out of 3k is worth it for bronze tokens alone. I hate leveling.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
Having geared out two Paladins at level 80, I can give you accurate skill costs.

Skills from level 1-80 = About 1100 gold.

5/5 T10 is about 1700 gold. For just the 5 pieces.

That leaves you with 200g.

1000g will get you 3 pieces tops, with no weapon or other gear.

Thus this will just make it harder.
Bear in mind that the monetary reward is a one-time thing. It's not intended to cover the character's costs for the rest of that character's "lifespan," as it were. That said, perhaps going down to 1000g is a bit drastic. My main goal was to ensure those leveling up (not to 80) wouldn't have to worry about training costs (ie, for those buying tokens, you don't have to worry about paying even more for every alt for their training to 50).

Edit: Despite my earlier comment, I'm not sure I'm going to weigh having full T10 immediately as that big of a deal. I had priced it to be something to work towards, not for characters to be decked out in it within an hour. If anything, perhaps I'll lower the cost of some of the lower tiers.
Ah, I understand. Make it easier for the new people then?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom Item Spreadsheet + Possible Change Requests Kretol 17 4,725 04-13-2014, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Kretol