The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Sexual Dimorphisim in World of Warcraft
Because people were asking, and I occasionally rant on female trolls.

An excellent article on the changes in character appearance since World of Warcraft Alpha. WARNING for nekkidness, even if you can't, y'know, see anything.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
I hear you...I could go on and on and on about this...but that's my own personal rant.
Live your own life; you die your own death
Quote:Orc males are massive and brutish looking creatures. Weighing in at 250 to 300 pounds and standing from 6 to 7 feet in height, they are not a small race. Even orc women tend to be only a half-foot or so shorter and 50 to 100 pounds lighter than most males (and some of them are equal in stature to their male counterparts), having broad shoulders and muscular, powerful bodies.

Quoted from the WoW Wiki, I believe the description came from the WoW RPG books.

I can't speak too much for Trolls or Tauren, but Orcs completely defy logic. The difference isn't even just a matter of build or facial features. Look at Orcish Males...their backs are curved, their heads are slung forward and their necks are horizontal instead of vertical. It isn't a matter of bad posture, it's simply how they are built.

Orc Females in-game, however, don't feature these traits. They're not just less bulky and "prettified," they have a very different skeletal structure. It makes absolutely no sense.

One of the reasons I hate many gaming companies and today's culture.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Yeah, why do Orcs have to be so much shorter than they should be anyway? :(
Jivundus: Unbound Fury
Gwendolyna: Priestess of the Light
Clauda: Master Smith and Smiter of Kneecaps
Grak has a good point-- to stand like an orc or a troll male all day and not be in pain, the spine would have to literally attach to the skull in a different location. If you compare skeletons of male and female humans, there are only small differences (mainly having to do with musculature and childbirth), that can often be misinterpreted.

That said, even with a skeletal structure that is nearly identical to male humans, females can still (usually) be distinguished easily. Having the skeleton put together differently is just... silly and way beyond what they need to establish the gender of the character.

...Blah blah blah... yammer yammer... rant rant...
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
This is why I don't roll Horde. :P

Filthy logicdefiers.
Quote:MrMarsh wrote:
This is why I don't roll Horde. :P

Filthy logicdefiers.

oh yeah.. living for thousands of years and not aging past twenty is totally plausible!

has Blizzard never heard of cancer?
Not to mention the most drastic Dimorphism is within the Draenei. How's come the women aren't gigantic? The males could easily crush them by accident.

And honestly, the only difference between Male and Female Tauren is that they made the female's slightly more slender, which isn't that big of a dimorphism. If you look at that more so, its not anything that looks like bone structure, more so muscle structure, making the males appear "fatter" than the females.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Draenei women's mass all goes to the T and A, as opposed to their height and shoulders.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Potential CotH custom lore world Dae 2 4,928 02-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  World of War-School Valicor 45 12,447 11-12-2014, 01:44 AM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Your Character as a World of Warcraft Boss - Take #2 Krilari 51 9,014 08-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  World News Archive Zhaei 0 1,064 11-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Zhaei
  Regarding Current World News sunday12321 1 1,032 11-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Caravan