The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Shadowfox's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

To be honest, I have tried a few times to get into RP in WoW, and I've made it, I guess. When Ravenholdt opened a few years ago, I was involved with it on my Night Elf Hunter, Silvos. This was pre-BC, and I joined a small, up and coming RP guild: Argentum Sepharim. This was my first encounter with RP. Because the character wasn't my main, I didn't spend all my time on Silvos, but I eventually got to the point where he and my main split their time. And soon, I became Guild Master of the Argentum Sepharim, just because the space was vacated. I did that for a while, until I quit WoW as BC was coming out. Recently, I returned to WoW, with a new Retail Account, and rolled a new toon on Ravenholdt. This was my Human Warrior Tonric, and I still play him, and will continue to play him. He got involved with the major RP Guilds on that server, and I was introduced to Storyline RP, and major RP events. Tonric, about a month ago, rose to the Guildmaster Rank of his guild, the Templars of Dawnglade, and was granted membership into the RRPC (Ravenholdt RP Council) where he shares a seat with the dozen or so Heavy RP Guilds on the server. I play a lot of different types of characters ICly, and OoCly, I'm known as a leader. I enjoy the leadership of my guild position, and being a leader among the RP community. But, on top of that, I've done a lot of different RP, and a lot of different playing.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I've lived in the US most of my life, and my primary language is English. I'm a college student in the US, and a creative writing major at that, so I like to think I'm adept at the language. Other languages I've studied are Japanese, German, Italian, and Middle Egyptian.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I played Starcraft first, then learned about WoW when I was a freshman in High School. I had had a friend in the Beta, and he got all of us into the game. My main was a Troll Shaman on a PvP server, but I've played Hunters, mages, warriors, and Death Knights extensively. I got sucked into the Lore, and because my computer wasn't the most wonderful machine, I couldn't play all the time. As school ramped up, I quit the game, but once I got to college, I got a lot more free time. I was playing City of Heroes, doing a lot of RP on the Server Virtue, when Cataclysm was announced, and I decided to re-enter the game. Through some technical issues, I couldn't get my old account back, which wasn't the biggest loss, so I created a new one and began playing again on Tonric. I've been extremely ever since.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I heard about your server when an RL friend of mine was telling me about his RP. He knew of my experiences on Ravenholdt, the cross-faction RP that I facilitated, the Guild I ran, the events that I did, and he began telling me of how his Guild retook Stromgarde and how Ratchet was assaulted by the Scourge, so I asked him how that happened ICly. He told me of the server. Since then, I've been discussing with him about potential characters and Storylines. He wants us to start a guild to rebuild Alterac, in the face of the Sin Sholai, and I've told him of my plans for Dalaran RP. Overall, I'm extremely excited to be a part of the server, and really want to see my IC actions affect the game

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

My Favorite RP is Storyline RP that focuses on the Low Fantasy aspects of the Game. I love it when characters get mugged, or wrongly arrested, or go to trial, because it leaves more room for logic and emotional RP. That's not to say that I don't enjoy the really out there fantastical elements of RP, but this is my simple preference. Additionally, I like the military aspects, which translates more directly to PvP, of RP. I love leading huge armies to attack cities, and I love sitting down with leaders and discussing tactics and strategy, especially taking into account the abilities of Priests and Mages, whose military applications are simple unprecedented. It's too much fun, in my opinion.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite RP is Tauren Shaman RP, mostly because of the way in which it allows you to speak. That aloof and wise mystic is by far my favorite character archetype to play, and I do it as much as I can. Honestly, though, I love all the RP that Blizzard has to offer. Tonric, my Human Warrior, has some of the greatest mannerisms, and his personality is a great way to interact with other players. On top of that, I love the RP of Silvos, who was my Night Elf hunter. He functioned more as a teacher and less as a student, and his backwards way of speaking and emoting was a lot of fun. But, before I give you RP profiles of each of my characters, I'll end.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Well, a lot of what I expect from the server has been mentioned above. Basically, I'm looking for an RP environment where every player is another RPer. A place where I can walk up to anyone and expect that they RP. On top of that, I love the Lore that the server has created, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what else happens, storywise, and how I might be able to aid it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The Rules of Role-playing, especially those on knowing your lore, and making sure in character actions have some kind of basis. There's nothing worse than lorebreaking RP. Well, maybe ERP, but Lore breakers really get to me. A lot of the live Blizzard servers are full of these, players pretending their vampires, and humans that are amnesiac dragons in human form (I know! It happened to me once). Also, I enjoy the tolerance rule, simply based on the fact that LAWLREROLL characters are so prevalent on Public RP Servers. You have no idea how much it means that I might find a server where –everyone- is an accomplished RPer of some type.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

This is an RP story from my Guilds with Ravenholdt.

“What the fel do you think you're doing?” Lieutenant Fieleth asked, hoarsely and Harshly.
“The Prisoner has been released into our custody. She's now a been extradited to the Templars, Lieutenant. Deal with it.” Tonric snapped back. In his bold, cobalt armor, he was prepared for a conflict, should one arise.
“Pfft,” the Guard snapped back, resting his gauntleted hand on the chair in the Command Center. “She's dangerous. We didn't give her to Darnassus for precisely this reason! She's too dangerous to be released!”
“She's got connections to more important criminals,” Tonric returned, nodding at the Death Knight. “And she's just selfish enough to help the Church catch them.” Kyndris was leaning against the wall, her hands and feet bound in shackles, clearly disregarding their presence on her.
“Can we –go- now? Dalthyssir won't catch himself, you know.” She spoke quickly.
“Kyndris, keep quiet.” Tonric said, simply, “That's an order,” he added, trying to sound more authoritative than he was.
Lieutenant Fieleth walked, slowly, around the table and came to face the Black haired Templar. “Where is Eresan Torchsight, Tonric. Last time I heard, you church soldiers were led by him.”
Tonric stood his ground, glaring back into Fieleth's eyes. “Lord Eresan has been in Dalaran for the past few days. We just rescued him from the Storm Peaks, and he's recovering.” Tonric knew how suspicious that sounded, but he plainly stated it to the City Guard. It was the truth.
“I'll send an envoy, then.” Fieleth's eyes narrowed.
“Don't bother. Thank you for your time, Lieutenant. Should you need me, I'll be in the Cathedral. Light be with you.” Tonric waved his hand dismissively, leading Kyndris out the Barracks door.
“Corporal Sammuels,” Fieleth whispered to his plate bearing comrade. “Follow them.”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not really. I've read a lot of the wiki, and can't wait to get online and play! Thanks!
Welcome to Conquest of The Horde!

Yes! Welcome! If you got some chatting and/or RP searching to do, /join chat.

And if any questions, go on and PM me, or a GM/Other grunt for an answer.

Happy RPing!
Azheron's back in business. For reals.