The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Shane wants feedback for Seu, Dharma
Like the topic says and not just that but feedback on the way I do roleplaying would also be welcome
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
Bertrand Russell
*Shrug* Don't know how else I can suggest to improve you on your RP. It's already very good too. I guess, if you want to improve on it yourself, try going for more alts with different kinds of personalities/classes/way of thinking to build yourself a better arsenal. Other than that, yeah...I like how you handled Seu's exile, and faced defeat/reality like a mature player.

VOUCHED. Lolwut.

Edit: Damned Pies beat me to the vouch stamp thing.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
Well I've touched on this in-game, but here goes: -Seu-

It's really wonderful to have people RPing the bad guys. And it's very fun for the bad guys to get away with things now and again. That's all funnest when it's realistic.

Being a bad guy ain't easy, the world kinda' has a whole social and legal system put in place to keep you from it. So when you do your character's mischief, look for realism - Look at situations as a third observer. Put yourself in the position of all the NPC's and characters around you and ask yourself if you'd be allowed/manage to get away with it. Whether it's likely he'll get away with it. Not if it's physically possible.

Ic action, Ic consequences - yadda yadda. I know you just want everyone to have fun, and having Seu around to hate was fun for a lot of the trolls, whether they realise it or not. But - Seu was too impulsive in creating the mischief that de did and that's what got'm caught. (existing in the violent Ratchet society of killers and mercenairies didn't help either, heh.)

Perhaps it was part of character design to have some rather brash attempts at evil-ness, but it that case, assume the fact that he has a unlikely plan when it does crash and burn, and leads to capture. OOC-ly repeatedly checking whether those around you find various types of escapes likely afterwards is indeed better than godmodding an escape, but it becomes tiresome when it's the third, fourth, fifth idea for escaping lobbied.

But overall very enjoyable and looking forward to meeting your other characters.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
First of all, thanks a lot for helping out guys, I'll try to follow your advice to my level best.

Diethe Wrote:...try going for more alts with different kinds of personalities/classes/way of thinking to build yourself a better arsenal...

I'm trying to that but the thing is I don't make a character until I'm sure about what type of roleplay experience I want to get from it, whether I would enjoy roleplaying with it, how I will develop him further in-game, etc etc may be the reason why I have only two characters >> But I'll try to churn out some more.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
DaveM Wrote:.....Being a bad guy ain't easy, the world kinda' has a whole social and legal system put in place to keep you from it. So when you do your character's mischief, look for realism - Look at situations as a third observer. Put yourself in the position of all the NPC's and characters around you and ask yourself if you'd be allowed/manage to get away with it....
Perhaps it was part of character design to have some rather brash attempts at evil-ness, but it that case, assume the fact that he has a unlikely plan when it does crash and burn, and leads to capture.....

Yea Dave, I had this in mind when I started roleplaying with Seu and that it is the reason why he didn't publicly resort to violence more than twice (honestly :D) and depended more on his manipulative abilities.
Anyway, once he gets out of imprisonment in Shatterspear Village, I'll make him carry out his shady activities in a more discrete manner.

Anyone else with complaints, suggestions and advice is welcome. :mrgreen:
Bertrand Russell
Spoiler:
Bump!
I need some feedback on Dharma. The direction in which his rp's going makes me have second thoughts about rp-ing around with him. If anyone has any suggestions or advice for him, please do post it.
Bertrand Russell
Spoiler:
Bump!
I need some feedback on Dharma. The direction in which his rp's going makes me have second thoughts about rp-ing around with him. If anyone has any suggestions or advice for him, please do post it.
Bertrand Russell
I think you mean you're looking for advice on Dharma since he's obviously not clicking with his surroundings.

He's too pompous for orcs,
Too proud for tauren,
Too not-a-troll for trolls,
And all of the other races are bound to hate him too.

I find all of that a very cool point for starting some more in-depth thought out character development. He would see this incoherence in his nature and try to resolve it. He needs to find a context he can fit into, either by compromising for that context or building that context. So some ideas.

1. He decides to go in, humbly, with all of his preoconceptions aside to the trolls/to a troll he respects and adopts the attitude of "I - don't know who I am. Teach me how to be a troll. Teach me how to be a Darkspear."

2. He starts up a ...bourgeois organisation for the Horde. An organisation to bring the Horde down the path of education, enlightenment, and assuming civilisation. An organisation in which he surrounds himself with other misfits of the same type. A horde gentlmen's club, hehe. Mind you, this has a good chance of eventually getting him killed, especially if the organisation gets too proactive.

You do new and different things with your characters, and that's cool. Then move on past the original concept and develop them, not because RP works or not, but because the character's life works or not. Immerse ^.^.

Hope this helps.
Spoiler:
I think you mean you're looking for advice on Dharma since he's obviously not clicking with his surroundings.

He's too pompous for orcs,
Too proud for tauren,
Too not-a-troll for trolls,
And all of the other races are bound to hate him too.

I find all of that a very cool point for starting some more in-depth thought out character development. He would see this incoherence in his nature and try to resolve it. He needs to find a context he can fit into, either by compromising for that context or building that context. So some ideas.

1. He decides to go in, humbly, with all of his preoconceptions aside to the trolls/to a troll he respects and adopts the attitude of "I - don't know who I am. Teach me how to be a troll. Teach me how to be a Darkspear."

2. He starts up a ...bourgeois organisation for the Horde. An organisation to bring the Horde down the path of education, enlightenment, and assuming civilisation. An organisation in which he surrounds himself with other misfits of the same type. A horde gentlmen's club, hehe. Mind you, this has a good chance of eventually getting him killed, especially if the organisation gets too proactive.

You do new and different things with your characters, and that's cool. Then move on past the original concept and develop them, not because RP works or not, but because the character's life works or not. Immerse ^.^.

Hope this helps.
Spoiler:
Quote:I think you mean you're looking for advice on Dharma since he's obviously not clicking with his surroundings.
You could say that. I mean, I had thought him to as a loner with gentlemanly behaviour, who wants to help the trolls but he is turning out more of a derp than some noble guy.

And yea, thanks for the advice Dave, will try out no. 2 :mrgreen:
Bertrand Russell
Quote:I think you mean you're looking for advice on Dharma since he's obviously not clicking with his surroundings.
You could say that. I mean, I had thought him to as a loner with gentlemanly behaviour, who wants to help the trolls but he is turning out more of a derp than some noble guy.

And yea, thanks for the advice Dave, will try out no. 2 :mrgreen:
Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cappn Feedback 4: Feedback 4Ever CappnRob 1 4,611 08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Zenethen