The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Shoutbox...
AAAARRGGGHHH!

A Shoutbox is for shout outs, and comments. Though I am not a GM, I will ask you kindly not to spam the Shoutbox with questions, dumb comments or...

Posted by: MyFinalSin
"sent by Temujai Sunday, 07 December 2008 14:27 How do we know if the intro is approved, will we just be ranked up or will there be an approval stamp on our thread?"

-narrows his eyes- ...what is that a quote?

Anyhow. I ask you to realise the difference between the Shoutbox and a thread. Thank you.
/end rant :D
[Image: walrus_family_affair-2.gif]
"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings" - Lewis Carrol
I think this is a good moment to jump in and say, I do not, nor have I ever, known how to use that stupid shoutbox.

If the server was up, this would be a barrenschat thread. Just goes ta show ya.
Paint. (It's red now!)
All of the information about the Shoutbox is on the site I believe, I would make sure you read it before a GM gets on you about it. You have acess to the information so they can be as harsh as they want to be about the rules.
you could of posted that in the shoutbox instead of wasting the time to make a thread :/ And sorry i didnt spend a few more seconds to
Quote:
obviously its a quote sent by Temujai Sunday, 07 December 2008 14:27 How do we know if the intro is approved, will we just be ranked up or will there be an approval stamp on our thread? :/ seemed pretty simple to me and since a few people said some stupid things I'd thought I'd put it back ontop it didnt make sense to make a thread like this to ask a simple question and I wouldnt want to waste a gms time to read over a half line pm as well as a shoutbox being used for COMMENTS stupid or not a comments a comment as well as I doubt anyone ever shoutsout to someone with the evention of pm :D ...this thread...a....wast...of...webspace...and ...time

P.s I dont need people helping me look like a idiot I can do that just fine on my own :)

Quote:End rant

^^^^^^^^^^ Yes that up there is a quote
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
This thread actually is not as much of a waste of space as you may think. He was asking that you guys not spam the shoutbox, and he was doing it in a way that doesn't spam the shoutbox.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XD
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
-raises eyebrow-

Didn't mean to offend you myfinalsin, I just beleived that there was a bit of abuse of the shoutbox. I'm also sorry for calling you out by posting your shout out.

However,

I beleived there was some abuse of the shoutbox and I brought up the issue in a thread so as to attempt to stop it. Again, there is a difference between the shoutbox and a thread. The Shoutbox is for fun little shout outs, and the threads are for questions, rp, stories, games and conversation.
[Image: walrus_family_affair-2.gif]
"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings" - Lewis Carrol
Aweeee -Hug tackles- I sowwe for being a uptight jerk :(
In general, Shoutbox etiquette is as follows:

-Avoid conversations. Take this to PMs.

-Avoid questions. Ask these in an appropriate forum thread. They are likely to be missed by the people who can answer them.

-Follow the general chat rules as far as subject matter, language, etc.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Could you maybe add this to the Wiki FAQs along with the other chat channel descriptions? It would be useful for newer players who don't know proper shoutbox usage...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the shoutbox is broken Maulbane 0 0 12-31-2022, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Maulbane