The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Silverwing`s Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a 21 year old from Colorado, Mountain timezone, who's currently between jobs and less than a week away from 22. As a player I've always looked towards RP beyond anything. Starting at around 11, I didn't really know the name for what I was doing, but I was roleplaying, starting in a format much like a movie script. As the years have passed my posting has gotten longer and longer until now I usually look for RP in many things I do, analyzing characters and places as I see them for RP potential. During High School I began playing in Dungeons and Dragons, and while I found it hard to honestly get into my characters face to face, it started something in me online and now I run an RP-heavy Dungeons and Dragons game every Tuesday evening as the Dungeon Master. I spend most of my time every day playing with a friend of mine in just short post/script stuff to keep the brain juices flowing properly, though I haven't had a community to call 'home' for some months.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Originally I come from Great Britain, having been born on the east coast of Scotland born to an English mother and a Scottish father, but I wasn't even talking by the time my father got a job offer in the United States and we moved over here. I've been living in the States for a little over twenty years now, so that's the country I come from now. English is my primary language and the only one I'm fluent in, though I speak a little bit of German.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into the Warcraft universe some time ago when a friend suggested, interestingly enough, that I give Starcraft a try if I liked Real Time Strategy. The logical jump from enjoying Starcraft was, of course, looking into the Warcraft series, especially as I'd adored Diablo, as well, and loved the amount of lore Blizzard fit into their games. I wasn't disappointed with Warcraft III but for years I snubbed my nose at World of Warcraft and thought it was a hateful thing, an attitude that I felt against all MMO games. I'd been gaming single player most of my life, so the idea of needing to work with other people to get something done, -and- to pay for it every month, just didn't appeal to me. Over the years during Vanilla I gave a couple attempts of signing on and downloading the trial, to maybe either found my dislike, or maybe see if I was wrong, but my computer would never let me connect to the trial downloader, and I later found out it was because of a nasty virus that was messing my entire computer up. About a week before the release of Burning Crusade I was working at a gas station with a large number of World of Warcraft players who kept talking about how good it was, and even occasionally played it on their laptops at work on slow days. A friend of mine got the trial and patches on some disks for me so I didn't have to worry about the wonky downloader, and I signed up for a new trial and started playing. Within a week, I was level 17 and completely addicted... And then I couldn't log on. It turned out because I'd tried twice to sign up before, and failed to download, I had three trial accounts listed on my email address, and was then banned for 'exploitation' for running three accounts. That night, I went out and bought World of Warcraft and Burning Crusade, and I've been playing on and off since, having been shown quite successfully that my attitude was wrong towards MMOs, and in fact the 'needing to work with other people' is one of the best parts.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I was talking with a friend of mine over AIM and he mentioned how he was playing your server now, over the server we'd met on which was Moon Guard. We never really roleplayed there, as our characters weren't really compatible, but we chatted a lot and got in touch outside of AIM when my account ran out. With how badly I've seen Moon Guard, which used to be the apparent pinnacle of roleplaying, go downhill, I've kind of lost interest in the game itself. I used to enjoy raiding but really with a computer that looks at particle effects and faints, leaving some of the easiest bosses of even Naxxramas to be a spectacular challenge at times, it's really out of the question. Without RP to balance that out, a server dedicated solely to RP sounds much more interesting than being on the retail servers. As for other private servers? Frankly this is the first I've heard about one dedicated to RP, and after reading over the rules it sounds like a perfect fit.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy pretty much all of it, with different characters for each. My Warlock tends to prefer people watching in taverns or open spaces and being generally amiable to the confusion of everyone who recognizes that he's a warlock, while my Hunter sees anything that isn't fighting for the safety of Azeroth, eating, or sleeping to be a pointless waste of time. About the only type of RP that I don't care for is when you have a large group of people not using a post order, because I have difficulty focusing and keeping up. I prefer my RP with some structure, and the ability to wander AFK while everyone else posts and take care of bodily needs, rather than needing to sit at the edge of my seat for every second of the RP to make sure I don't miss something important. I might or might not bring my two established Moon Guard characters here, I'm not sure yet; I have to figure out what kind of race/class splays there are and such first.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Race-wise I have a strong adoration for Trolls. It's largely their attitudes to things, with how laid back they are, but also how fierce of fighters they are. They're unusual and I've never really seen anything like them. I really am not sure just how to pin down why I like them so much, but I do enough that they're unquestionably my favorites. As for class wise, the only one I really didn't care for was Death Knight, play style wise. Lore wise, however, I have to say that I love Druids. The closeness to nature and shape shifting aspect fascinates me. Shamans are also up there for the closeness to spirituality, as well as Hunters for their more physical bonds to nature and more unorthodox use of magic and mana.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm expecting a place to roleplay that focuses on being in line with lore. I'm also hoping for a fair amount of activity and variety of literate people to roleplay with.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I have to say that the one that really appealed most as I was looking through things was the one about prying the capslock off of your keyboard and feeding it to a younger relative. I hate that key quite passionately... That said, there weren't any rules that didn't appeal to me, or I wouldn't be putting together an application.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A few soft, reptilian trills came from a large, scaled beast as it crested the grassy hill, many birds of Eversong forest going quiet at the sight of the kind of creature that didn't often walk within the Elves' forest. Seated atop its back was a strange creature, tall and lithe, wearing a minimum of armor over his figure, a large and dangerous looking bow slung along his back. Bright, blue green eyes scanned the region, locking on the gateway to Silvermoon with a sneer and a grunt, his head shaking slightly and sending the charms through his thick dreadlocks clattering together.

With a soft grunt he hoisted himself off of the raptor's back, trailing his fingers over the crest of the beast's brow, "Eh, Tek'juani. Dat be de old home, mmm?" He followed the words with a few trills much like the beast itself would give, then leaned in to share a nuzzle with the creature that stood taller than he did. As he trailed his fingers over the large scales that protected his mount and former pet's neck, he thought about why he was here. His father on his deathbed, going through thick and thin to try and find his estranged son, eventually coming across him spending a rare day off with the Darkspear in Sen'jin. It was hard to believe the old elf had even found him, after how much work he'd gone through to distance himself from 'Taltharion'.

But here he was, even as resistant as he'd been at first to return home even as a last dying wish from the man who'd kept him from his dreams for so long, who'd lied to him all his life. He hadn't wanted to see the man, but the elven liaison had eventually managed to convince him to make his way home. There was doubt in his mind that his father would be happy to see him at all, not like this with his body filthy and speared through with so many piercings, looking like the very trolls the older man had turned magic against when Taltharion was young. There was a part of him that almost hoped his very appearance would hurry the elder elf's passing from the world in sheer shock, and the thought had him giving a dark chuckle and another nuzzle to his raptor.

"Ya stay 'round 'ere, Tek," came the deep, gravelly words, before he turned to start towards the city. A trill and a bump of the beast's head in his back as it followed him had him jumping, then turning his eyes back on the dark tan best. "Nah! Ah say nah, Tek. Dem elfs probably shoot ya one fo' bein' a monsta. Vek'd eat 'em, so he's not comin' eida'. Cou'se Ah might 'ave ta join him a little. Too much temptation." Another dark laugh came from the tall creature, "But nah, ya stay. Don' let anyone shoot ya. An' don' eat anyone! Not dat you be da one I gotta worry 'bout on dat count..." With another shake of his head, he just chuckled, then let out a series of chirps and trills, shifting his body a bit, as if he were of the same race as the beast.

This time, when he turned to leave, the larger beast chirped and wandered off happily to go drink from one of the rivers of the place, holding its scarred arms to its chest as always. Its rider walked almost lazily as he entered the city, ignoring the horror on the faces of those who had once been his people as they recognized that his body was that of an elf, not the troll he appeared as at first sight. If his father wanted to see him so badly, then so be it. The man would likely hate him as soon as he recognized his son beneath all the dirt, piercings, tribal armor, and mottled unkempt skin and hair.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hm... Well I did already write a 'story' for a character awhile ago. More a profile. I think this is probably a better example of my work than a mere story can give, so: http://vuli.webs.com It's the same character as in the story above, too. I'll probably push to get him in this community because I've put so much of my heart into him over the years as my first character even before I was on RP servers, but he's not the kind of character I'd want to start with considering how limiting he is in the people he's willing to civilly interact with. I'm hoping that here there won't be as much of an elf overload as there is on Moon Guard, making him a more viable character... He'll take some snipping and work to make him fit in here a bit better, of course, which is another reason I wouldn't start off with him here.
WELCOME TO TEH SERVUR LOL!

... I'm sorry, I couldn't help it! >.<
Fantastic introduction! I hope you indeed first start with a troll (or other Horde race), as we could definitely use more Hordies (on a server named 'Conquest of the Horde!' Who woulda thunk it?)!

Unfortunately, there is... a large Elf overload, but people don't seem to be too hesitant to switch characters if there's RP elsewhere. Personally, I'd like to have more orcs around (or even other 'old-Horde races), but again, it can fluctuate.
Thank you very much. I certainly plan to start off with a Troll... Now comes the fun part... Making a character. This might take awhile XD *Gets to work on thinking*