The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Simcity 5!
Not even going to bother. It's buggy and overpriced lol.

...unless there's dorfs in it.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
So, apparently the SimCity servers are more worthless than previously thought. Some users have been able to play offline for a while and one user has managed to use the debug menu to mod his game to run in offline mode, so it's obviously possible and the game works just fine running in offline.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Roxas65 Wrote:So, apparently the SimCity servers are more worthless than previously thought. Some users have been able to play offline for a while and one user has managed to use the debug menu to mod his game to run in offline mode, so it's obviously possible and the game works just fine running in offline.

http://www.geekosystem.com/hack-takes-simcity-offline/ Wrote:SimCity now features a limit on the time players can continue the game without an Internet connection. After around 20 minutes, the game boots you off if you’re not connected. EA and Maxis have said that this is because the servers players connect to are actually doing the bulk of the work to compute what’s happening in your virtual city. This mod by Reddit user UKAzzer calls that into question by showing us a SimCity world without the required connect:

Ow.

OW.

I mean. There's transparent, and then there's polished crystalline glass. I really have to wonder how they're going to explain around that one. Or if they'll just avoid it. I'm assuming the latter.
I bet they'll just ban people who mod their games or something from Origin.
(03-15-2013, 08:46 AM)Rigley Wrote: I mean. There's transparent, and then there's polished crystalline glass. I really have to wonder how they're going to explain around that one. Or if they'll just avoid it. I'm assuming the latter.

They'll release another video about same-sex relationships in their games and sneak in a "stop being entitled" threat.
(03-15-2013, 12:11 PM)Mathias Wrote:
(03-15-2013, 08:46 AM)Rigley Wrote: I mean. There's transparent, and then there's polished crystalline glass. I really have to wonder how they're going to explain around that one. Or if they'll just avoid it. I'm assuming the latter.

They'll release another video about same-sex relationships in their games and sneak in a "stop being entitled" threat.
I haven't heard this one. When did they say this? I don't deny it, since EA is pretty low. I'm guessing it was related to ME3?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Both separate issues. The video was EA trying to ensure everyone that they're a good company because they support the LGBT struggle (they did the same thing when everyone was having problems with TOR, saying the hate was due to them supporting gay relationships in TOR (despite not having any) but they used a petition instead of a video).

The entitlement is from the ME3 problems.
Spoiler'd for size.
Spoiler:
[Image: DsjXqKd.jpg]

I feel bad for these people who bought their game and can't play it, I do. But I've derived more schadenfreude from EA's colossal blunder of SimpliCity than I ever did from TORtantic.

God, I hope they go out of business. Inb4 'but jerbs!' - just because a company employs people doesn't make it worth propping up a crappy company.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
I've read in today's newspaper than an user managed to hack into the game itself and play, save etc. in offline mode. The paper went on to describe Simcity as a disgrace to the franchise.

And it's funny, because I notice EA is behind a lot of "disgraces" recently. (Let alone ME3, we got gay relationships and a free ending remake DLC, but I guess it's a push from Bioware.)
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
(03-15-2013, 04:06 PM)Mathias Wrote: Both separate issues. The video was EA trying to ensure everyone that they're a good company because they support the LGBT struggle (they did the same thing when everyone was having problems with TOR, saying the hate was due to them supporting gay relationships in TOR (despite not having any) but they used a petition instead of a video).

The entitlement is from the ME3 problems.

I don't get it. That seems like quite the reach to me. I understand all the legitimate reasons that people dislike EA, but to say they put out a video about gay relationships just to ire the crowd sounds... well, silly. After watching the video, I don't understand where that conclusion is drawn from.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

2 days after NA release, ignoring all the problems people have, and naming it "hate is not a game". Whenever one of their games has a problem, they use the "Well, we support the LGBT community!" card.
(03-15-2013, 04:16 PM)Clovis Wrote: Spoiler'd for size.
Spoiler:
[Image: DsjXqKd.jpg]

I feel bad for these people who bought their game and can't play it, I do. But I've derived more schadenfreude from EA's colossal blunder of SimpliCity than I ever did from TORtantic.

God, I hope they go out of business. Inb4 'but jerbs!' - just because a company employs people doesn't make it worth propping up a crappy company.

... But jobs.

The faults of the game are made at an executive level, not at a grunt level. Still, vote with your wallet. I'd really hope for no one to lose their jobs though.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
It's hard to vote with your wallet when you can't get a refund on the game though. That is they SHOULD provide refunds. I don't get why they aren't. I think other companies have provided refunds on their products for less (especially if it was before 30 or 90 days or purchase).
... Well this is why I don't purchase games on day one, as a rule of thumb. :P
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I think there should still be some amount of consumer protection for those who DO buy on day 1. It's ridiculous.