The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Simcity 5!
Not everything EA makes is bad. The ones they over-hype usually tend to turn out that way, but overall I agree. I can only hope that they turn their outlook around and start to please people more so that the games they -do- have that are good don't suffer. And the ones that turn into crap stop... turning into crap. By the way, those that bought SimCity can choose from 8 games to own! HERE THEY ARE.

Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
Bejeweled 3
Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
Plants vs. Zombies
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

Now aren't we all excited? I bet -everyone- chooses SimCity 4. I dunno though, Bejeweled 3 is awfully tempting.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

OH MAN. PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES? I WISH I BOUGHT SIMCITY NOW.
Well, I admit that calling everything EA makes is crap would be wrong. A more accurate word would be "safe." It's always very safe. It's true that they invest in some other games that are different, such as Brutal Legend or Alice: Madness Returns, but they're -severely- underfunded if you compare to other more safer games. Brutal Legend had an entire freaking campaign cut from the game because EA cut the funds.

That's where EA is so weird. And they always have really high expectations for the games they make that aren't safe. Yes, a new fantasy IP will not sell as much as "Brown Shooter 237", but it doesn't mean the game was bad, or even unprofitable. Like Kingdoms of Amalur. EA's reaction to that game's sales were basically "1 million units sold on the first entry of a fresh IP?.... Meh." Meanwhile, even CAPCOM said in the -exact- same situation with Dragon's Dogma "Hey, this could get good if we make it better. Let's make a sequel with fan feedback!" and CAPCOM is basically Japanese EA.

That's what pisses me off with EA. The "everything must be safe" mentality.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
EA expects too much out of their IPs. They expected Dead Space 3 to sell 5 million copies, which is more than what Dead Space 1 and 2 sold combined. "An IP like Dead Space needs 5 million sales to continue to invest in it" is basically what EA's president said.

Visceral Montreal has been closed down, in case you're wondering.

EA's biggest problem is trying to appeal to the wrong audience. If they have a horror game, they have the sequels try to appeal to the action and shooter crowd. If they have an RPG, they try to appeal to the 'awesome button' crowd. The fans who made the games a success get ignored as EA chases after the crowd that doesn't want to play those games, and when the original crowd leaves and the crowd EA wants ignores them, they don't think 'maybe we should go back to the fans that made the game a success', they decide 'people don't want this pile of shit anymore'.

EA, please. Please look at the fans who like your specific game and that game's specific genre and appeal to them. You'll make money that way.
Wouldn't Simcity players already have Simcity 4? (Granted, not every WoW player has ever played Warcraft 3, but still..)
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
(03-19-2013, 11:53 AM)Holynexus Wrote: (Granted, not every WoW player has ever played Warcraft 3, but still..)

That fact makes me cry... At least with wc2 its understandable...
Alpharius. I was one of those people. I've since played it, of course, but not until I was well into CoTH here. It happens a lot and is no big deal, really. WoW lore and story is easy enough to grasp.

Anyhow, EA has this battleplan with games. The reason they keep going with it, is because gamers, which is a broad demographic of people, tends to not always be the most savvy of buyers. Shooters sell ridiculously well. They are competitive, they offer rewards, and kids talk about them like they were Pokemon cards back in my day. It's just how it goes. When they get a new IP, they tend to think of things in a very logical, and planned out way. "Broaden the demographic. If RPG fans like this, great, add in some other aspects other demographics will like. Toss in a shooter aspect, or an adventure aspect. BAM, more people to buy it." It's stupid to us, but it -works-. By the fact these games sell well, it shows it works.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Ya'll should get Battlefield 3 so I can finally have a squad of people to play it with.
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
(03-19-2013, 04:31 PM)Krent Wrote: Ya'll should get Battlefield 3 so I can finally have a squad of people to play it with.

I was weary of getting SimCity, because I already had qualms about what it was gonna be like before I bought it, so I won't be getting any of the free games.

Damn I wish I had bought SimCity so I could play bejeweled 3. Tsk.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

... Can you give the game to other people?

... I'd like ME3. >.>
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
(03-19-2013, 05:20 PM)Xigo Wrote: ... Can you give the game to other people?

... I'd like ME3. >.>

If I'm not mistaken, games bought over Origin, unless specified as a gift, are yours and are untradable, even if you haven't installed it.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(03-19-2013, 05:29 PM)Rensin Wrote:
(03-19-2013, 05:20 PM)Xigo Wrote: ... Can you give the game to other people?

... I'd like ME3. >.>

If I'm not mistaken, games bought over Origin, unless specified as a gift, are yours and are untradable, even if you haven't installed it.

Origin doesn't even have a "gift" option. I think that speaks volumes for EA's idea of generosity. "No gift option? Well, of course. Why would you want to -gift -a game? That's just crazy."
Spoiler:
EA is going crazy with all these online game codes and having to be online to play single player, it's madness! Sometime in the future we will have to register that big mac we bought 3 hours ago online before we can eat it. Madness!
Well, to be fair, I don't mind the online passes. They're little more than incentive to buy games new, which I find to be alright. Having to buy an online pass when buying a used game doesn't raise price a whole lot, does give the publishers a bit of money despite the game being bought used and if the buyer feels he doesn't need the multiplayer then he doesn't have to pay for it.

The used games market is hurting the game industry anyways. That's why I always buy new.
Spoiler:
(03-20-2013, 07:03 AM)Roxas65 Wrote: Well, to be fair, I don't mind the online passes. They're little more than incentive to buy games new, which I find to be alright. Having to buy an online pass when buying a used game doesn't raise price a whole lot, does give the publishers a bit of money despite the game being bought used and if the buyer feels he doesn't need the multiplayer then he doesn't have to pay for it.

The used games market is hurting the game industry anyways. That's why I always buy new.

To be fair, the only reason that the used game market is hurting the industry is because of GameStop, and associated companies.

They keep all of the proceeds from a used game sale. Now you might think "Well, maybe that company no longer exists." You'd be right, however if you buy a used version of [Brown Shooter 2013 #76] then GameStop keeps your money. They do not give any of it to the company that made the game, which is a bit ridiculous. I may not care for the thousands of samey-shooters, but I still think that the company that made the game, new or used, deserves to get at the very least some of the money.

And as for Online Passes? I got left behind in Space Marine because I had no idea there was an online pass required. I generally play the campaign/story mode first, so as to get a feel for the game mechanics, plus I just like the story as well. So, after I had beaten that, a friend asked to borrow it. A week later, when he gives it back, I discover that there is a pass required for online. That little shit of a friend had used it, and in fact never paid me back for it.

Personal story aside, I really do think that Online Passes are bad. Companies would not need to do that, especially for consoles, or at least the 360, which you pay to play online as it is, if they got some proceeds from used games. It's just ridiculous.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]