The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

So... mounts. Post 9567 about mounts.
Ahem! So, now that pets have been added to a pet vendor... how about mounts? I know, I know, there's been heavy discussion on who can ride what and why... but why not? If we can have a baby piglett/gorilla/dragonling following us around, why don't we toss in some mounts for fun?

Even if it was sooper strict and some mounts were excluded, it'd still be better than what we currently have...which is basically a small handful of racial mounts that we wouldn't be able to get unless they were on that vendor.

But there's a lot of other mounts we can't quite get, that'd be fun to have/would be reasonable.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

There are a few things that make sense - like the camels, for example. Everybody should be able to get a camel without too much sweat - if we have Goblin Trikes (which are probably one of the most ludicrous things for players to have (I mean sheesh imagine how much it'd cost to maintain that thing (do you think registration and phlogiston canisters are cheap boy because they're not)))

But yeah, I'm for this. Get all the cool mounts that it makes sense for people to have, dump them in the mount vendor, everyone's grinning.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
If possible; Add the mounts from the Trading Card Game. I miss my Blazing/Corrupted Hippogryph, both which aren't that odd in the fantasy world.

Though considering they work with an actual code and have to be redeemed, it is a long shot.
Mounts from TCG are in the game and addable as items.

However keep in mind you are able to requests mounts in your profile, however we are wary about adding more to the vendor as we really don't want everyone to have, say, a flaming hippogryph without a reason beyond 'it looks cool'.
An addendum to this: can we have racial mount vendors added to OOC?
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
I think the point, originally, with removing the racial mount vendors was to make it harder for races to pick eachothers' racial mounts. Such as Blood Elves riding around on Worgs, as a popular example. Removing the vendors cut back dramatically on the characters doing this sort of thing without reason.

We'll see, though.
(12-09-2013, 11:31 AM)Reigen Wrote: Mounts from TCG are in the game and addable as items.

However keep in mind you are able to requests mounts in your profile, however we are wary about adding more to the vendor as we really don't want everyone to have, say, a flaming hippogryph without a reason beyond 'it looks cool'.

Right, happy to have and use them ICly on retail then. I won't hold my breath on here. My druid is involved in a storyline that cleanses the corruption of the Corrupted Hippgryph. Good fun, good RP.
I personally don't see why other races shouldn't be able to ride each other's mounts. I always found it odd that you had to build up reputation on Retail in order to get mounts. It doesn't seem like it would require that much more than "I have money, you have the mounts, let's trade."
(12-09-2013, 11:57 AM)Loxmardin Wrote: I think the point, originally, with removing the racial mount vendors was to make it harder for races to pick eachothers' racial mounts. Such as Blood Elves riding around on Worgs, as a popular example. Removing the vendors cut back dramatically on the characters doing this sort of thing without reason.

We'll see, though.

Still only takes 5 minutes to port to any of the cities of your characters faction and run over to the mount vendor, so it's still pretty easy to do, and the people who want to do it will. *shrug*

Furthermore, what Scout just said. You can definitely find an excuse for riding another race's racial mount. The person doing it need to keep in mind how the character learned to ride that, but that kind of applies to other things, like using another race's weaponry or military tactics.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
(12-09-2013, 11:57 AM)Loxmardin Wrote: I think the point, originally, with removing the racial mount vendors was to make it harder for races to pick eachothers' racial mounts. Such as Blood Elves riding around on Worgs, as a popular example. Removing the vendors cut back dramatically on the characters doing this sort of thing without reason.

We'll see, though.

Our Cata core prevents people from riding said mounts without getting the exalted Rep. While getting said rep isn't -too- hard even on our buggy server, it does serve as a good enough "work for it" barrier imo.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
brb rolling dwarf who rides nightsaber
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I wouldn't even use the mounts for RP, I just like to have mounts.

Ofc, having some mounts for RP (Flamewarden having a Blazing Hippo or Dark Paladin (I forgot if that even exists) having Rivendare's Charger) is good. Hell, I'm surprised that the Boneogryph or even Frostwyrm in some cases wasn't added to the DK's class trainers for CoTH.

But eye candy must exist for the bleak, dark-green world that is GM Island.
As just a heads up, we do a lottery at every auction for a chance to get a (realistic...except those giant roosters) rare mount.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
(12-09-2013, 04:40 PM)Cressy Wrote: As just a heads up, we do a lottery at every auction for a chance to get a (realistic...except those giant roosters) rare mount.

Just wondering, but... how exactly do you guys obtain those mounts ICly? I'm pretty sure the Guardians of Hyjal wouldn't be too happy that the Flame Hippogryphs are being sold.

They're hippies though, who cares?
Like I said, realistically. Cressy has her goons get things, but she isn't going to get flaming birds or things of that sort. They'd cause too much damage to the rest of her stock.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mounts for forum gold? Sorum 12 2,305 09-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Mounts, Mounts, and the Mount Vendor? Paylonas 9 2,094 06-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Paylonas
  Mounts! Ebenezer 4 1,037 10-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Ebenezer
  Mounts missing! (Special mount vendor[k]) Jaella 3 1,016 10-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  More two person mounts hyenaskate 5 1,204 07-18-2011, 11:13 AM