The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

So you want to be a Blood Elf...
Your elf will be old enough. The Third War was 10 years ago, I believe, so unless your elf is a newborn babe [which isn't allowed], then you'll be fine. All elves are blood elves. They're going to be TRAUMATIZED at the fact that they're family, friends, and the creepy neighborhood stalker were all slaughtered by Scourge. So yeah...
[Image: Zf6X.gif][Image: 3vBq.gif][Image: q3iX.gif][Image: 5rVk.gif]
Mah babehs. I'm watchin' you, government.
Your elf will be old enough. The Third War was 10 years ago, I believe, so unless your elf is a newborn babe [which isn't allowed], then you'll be fine. All elves are blood elves. They're going to be TRAUMATIZED at the fact that they're family, friends, and the creepy neighborhood stalker were all slaughtered by Scourge. So yeah...
Well, I see that I have succeeded very well at attempting to make a extremely odd Blood Elf. Mine usually wears Natural attire, loves nature, is peaceful, is non-racist. I have a hippie BElf!! Also known as a tree-hugger
And the best is I even have a good excuse for acting so weird and yet having joined the BElfs
f**k you and die!
Living is so damn painful
It's col to be dead and grateful
Nothing can hurt you any more
anyhow death is so much more!
- Norther - Death Unlimited

[Image: dragonanimated_373684.gif]
CLICK IT!....Please?
How does that work?
Even with an "excuse" it sounds pretty convoluded.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I would just like to ask as to whether we would be allowed to play ex-San'layn members, as a special profile application perhaps? They would obviously be the living dead, but since they were once loyal to Kael'Thas, could Darkfallen Death Knights / Priests technically be captured and 'freed' or do they serve the Lich King willingly? Also, would a blood elf who followed Kael'Thas to the Outlands and went back to Silvermoon after his death be accepted by the blood elven society? They could have repented and whatnot >.> I would also assume that being a spell breaker would be a blood elf prestige class? Or would a minor form of a spell breaker be allowed ICly as a non prestige class? Perhaps one who hasn't mastered the art of spell casting & physical combat but rather one who is trained / training in both?

Sorry for the questions, I just want to get some things cleared up before I do something stupid later on >< heh
I have had serious misgivings about the whole Sin'Dorei/Forsaken love affair. It just smacks me of Blizzard paying lip service to paranoia. And for those of you who are lost on this, allow me to explain my reasoning.

Arthas attacks. Turns Sylvannus into a banshee. He leaves. Then suddenly she breaks free of his control along with thousands of other undead?

Hmmmm. Apparently Machiavelli never had a corollary on Azeroth.

Any paranoid dorei (kal, quel, or sin) would look at Sylvannus and think, "I'm not buying it." No matter what she did, it would only fuel the belief that she was under the control of Arthas. "Oh, you're helping us rebuild Silvermoon? Sure. Come in and not only take a look at our defenses, but help build them as well. That way, when Arthas attacks again, he'll not only know what to expect, he'll have had a hand in building us up so he can tear us down."

Simply put, the Sin'Dorei should have been their own faction. They can't possibly trust anyone, and no one would trust them.

Of course, that's probably why I tend to play my elves as Quel'Dorei with a huge distrust and hate towards the undead. The only difference between a Scourge and a Forsaken: The Scourge isn't lying.
[Image: eXGI.gif] [Image: DMtM.gif]
Nostra Wrote:This is indeed a pretty good guide (excluding some of the recen Blood Elf developement but that´s prefectly fine, I´d say preferable, hehe).
Anyway, here´s a few links that are really useful for anyone interested in the Sin´dorei and their ways.

Blogatelle articles:
Blood Elf Stereotype (1)
Blood Elf Stereotype (2)
The Dangers of Magical Thinking
The Addiction and it´s consequences
The Blood elf playfile
Throwing down the Gauntlet: Blood Elves.

Other:
So you want to be a Blood Elf
WoWWiki:Blood Elf
Dramatis Personae: Blood Elves
WoW RaceNotes: Blood Elves

Also, if you want to get a really good idea about the blood elves culture, thoughts and etc you should read these:
http://destron.blogspot.com/2008/04/ghostlands.html
http://destron.blogspot.com/2008/04/eversong-woods.html
http://destron.blogspot.com/2008/05/sil ... -city.html

lol, I actually know Destron. He's a really nice guy, and his work is amazing. Not IRL of course, just through a forum.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
thkaal Wrote:I have had serious misgivings about the whole Sin'Dorei/Forsaken love affair. It just smacks me of Blizzard paying lip service to paranoia. And for those of you who are lost on this, allow me to explain my reasoning.

Arthas attacks. Turns Sylvannus into a banshee. He leaves. Then suddenly she breaks free of his control along with thousands of other undead?

Hmmmm. Apparently Machiavelli never had a corollary on Azeroth.

Any paranoid dorei (kal, quel, or sin) would look at Sylvannus and think, "I'm not buying it." No matter what she did, it would only fuel the belief that she was under the control of Arthas. "Oh, you're helping us rebuild Silvermoon? Sure. Come in and not only take a look at our defenses, but help build them as well. That way, when Arthas attacks again, he'll not only know what to expect, he'll have had a hand in building us up so he can tear us down."

Simply put, the Sin'Dorei should have been their own faction. They can't possibly trust anyone, and no one would trust them.

Of course, that's probably why I tend to play my elves as Quel'Dorei with a huge distrust and hate towards the undead. The only difference between a Scourge and a Forsaken: The Scourge isn't lying.

Excellent point, but I recall reading that it was the sin'dorei that went to the forsaken for help in establishing a foothold in the horde.
silversnake88 Wrote:Excellent point, but I recall reading that it was the sin'dorei that went to the Forsaken for help in establishing a foothold in the horde.

Correct! Thrall, Cairne, and Vol'jin all wanted to turn the elves away, yet it was by Sylvannas' persuesion that they were allowed to enter the Horde. Plus, to counter Thkall's point, Sylvannas loved her home. She laid her life on the line for it, her devotion would not be questioned. Why question someone who was the former ranger general* who was fully supportive of the city?
HelveteSong Wrote:Correct! Thrall, Cairne, and Vol'jin all wanted to turn the elves away, yet it was by Sylvannas' persuesion that they were allowed to enter the Horde. Plus, to counter Thkall's point, Sylvannas loved her home. She laid her life on the line for it, her devotion would not be questioned. Why question someone who was the former ranger general* who was fully supportive of the city?

You wouldn't till after Wrathgate. Now it's the forsaken that are under heavy scrutiny from Thrall and the rest of the Horde.
[Image: uE13.gif]

He died for your sins!
Which now adds an interesting twist to the Horde: Should they trust the Blood Elves? Or even better yet, what should the Blood Elves do? Be angry with the Forsaken? Or take up sides against the Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren? Or do what they're doing now, with good reason, of course: Stay neutral?
Excellent guide, absolutely impressive and well-written!

(On a side note, I'ld just like to comment on one little thing:

Quote:The Forsaken are the only friends that the Sin'dorei have in the Horde. Their goals are similar in certain ways, and the Forsaken send aid to the Sin'dorei with decent worth within. Maybe it has to do with the Dark Lady Sylvanas being a former High Elf...

I don't think blood elves and the Forsaken really are "friendly" with one another in the common sense of "friends". If anything, it's more a friendship of benefit. I think the majority of elves actually don't really like the Forsaken since they look exactly like the people who destroyed their Sunwell and nearly eradicated their people.

Although of course my reasoning could be wrong and possibly their opinion about the Forsaken might have changed in the years since TBC.)
Khandora Rockbeard.
Evangeline Delamor.
There is unique lore in place on this server. As I recall, the Forsaken and the blood elves forged an alliance known as the Sin'Sholai pact. This came about as a result of a number of events, including -- but not limited to! -- the assassination of Lor'themar Theron following the events of Wrathgate. They have a rapport that goes beyond what would normally have been present on retail servers.

You can read more about server lore on the wiki.
HelveteSong Wrote:
The Phoenix

Also, some, if not most, of the flags of the Sin'dorei carry a phoenix symbol. The phoenix is rather similar to the Blood Elves in that it has a severe destructive nature, or possibly the Sin'dorei favor it due to its composition of magical energies. Also, the phoenix is a symbolic representation of the Blood Elves: Their 'death' as Quel'dorei and their 'rebirth' into Sin'dorei.

The sin'dorei are diurnal in opposite of their night wandering ancestors. That is most likely why they have made a point on using Sun and Fire alot in their culture. This is also where the phoenix comes in.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]