06-04-2019 09:14 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 163
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 446
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Stealthscout
09-05-2018 03:04 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 82877
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3218

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Soooooo...... Champions Online?
Some older members of this community might recall when CO went free-to-play and how it started a guild of cothies on CO that became so popular we got our own sub-forum.

It. Was. Awesome. It quickly became apparent that CO was an excellent medium for RP with a roll system, varied environments, creative freedom, ridiculously expansive character creation and a plethora of instanced interiors that could be easily cleared of enemies to RP in without being bothered.

Unfortunately RP started to wane as some key members lost interest and even though a group of us picked it back up a year or so later it eventually died again and stayed dead.

Which brings me to my point: I'm thinking about starting it back up.

I've been really into superheroes lately so the urge to RP in this game became really strong. My PC recently broke but I'm getting it replaced fairly soon so while I wait for that I wanted to gauge some interest for this.

So how many would be interested in an RP oriented guild on CO and fight some villains and/or heroes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM
I'd be interested in a themed supergroup, instead of a mush mash o everyone's fiddling. Can we have a theme? Even if it's something as simple as an arcane academy or something.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
PM
Not sure. One of the things I liked the most about CO was the creative freedom and a specific theme would limit that a lot.

If I got to decide personally it'd be a group more akin to the Justice League or the Avengers-- a group of individuals with varying abilities but with the classic superhero feel.

Thinking back I remember that last time RP on CO was popular here there wasn't a lot of classical style superheroes. I would personally like to see more of that, but I'd obviously like to come to an agreement everybody involved would like.

Spoiler:
PM
I'm STILL actively playing CO from the time you shoved me into it, Rox.
[Image: 8.jpg]
I recently got back into it at the behest of another person on CotH, but my interest quickly died. I could see about bringing it around again, though.
PM
City of Heroes was the game I went to after retail WoW. Where as I never really got into the RP section of it, It was really awesome with that whole feeling of being in a X-Men type group. Man, I remember one time in specific when like 5 of our groups got together for a big PvE thing and the chills 13 year old me got from seeing all the heroes chatting and collaborating together was awesome. When I think about it, that kind of started my whole theme of making mercenary type characters as my main guys.

*Ahem* I've never tried Champions Online but heck, I'd be up for this.
PM
(08-28-2014, 12:49 PM)KomodoTheCashew Wrote: City of Heroes was the game I went to after retail WoW. Where as I never really got into the RP section of it, It was really awesome with that whole feeling of being in a X-Men type group. Man, I remember one time in specific when like 5 of our groups got together for a big PvE thing and the chills 13 year old me got from seeing all the heroes chatting and collaborating together was awesome. When I think about it, that kind of started my whole theme of making mercenary type characters as my main guys.

*Ahem* I've never tried Champions Online but heck, I'd be up for this.

CO was made by the same people who made City of Heroes/Villains. Originally they were commissioned by Marvel to make an MMO but late in development Marvel decided to pull out. Since Cryptic had gone so far in development they finished the game with their own resources and it became what is basically an updated City of Heroes/Villains. If you liked CoH/V you'll most likely enjoy CO too.

Spoiler:
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roxas65's post:
  • KomodoTheCashew
PM
Did I just hear Free To Play and RP in the same post? I'm not usually a fan of your classic Superman-esque superheroes but I'm willing to give any game, especially free ones, a shot. So count me in! For a trial run at least.

(Also, if there's enough interest, we should get a Skype group set up for this.)
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
I'd give it a go!
PM
(08-28-2014, 02:00 PM)MstrCorvus Wrote: Did I just hear Free To Play and RP in the same post? I'm not usually a fan of your classic Superman-esque superheroes but I'm willing to give any game, especially free ones, a shot. So count me in! For a trial run at least.

(Also, if there's enough interest, we should get a Skype group set up for this.)

Well depending on what people would like to go with you don't really need to go classic hero. Last time around we had robots, power armor, animal soldiers, demons and all kinds if different characters. When I say that the character creation is ridiculously expansive I mean it. Trust me.

Anywho I'm glad to see this garnered some interest. Enough that I'd like to give it a go again, after my new PC arrives.

I suggest playing the game some before then and experimenting with the character creation system to see if you get inspired on a character. And if you feel you've got money to blow on gold membership it's not a bad idea; the amount of customization and classes you unlock is pretty big. Last time two players even decided to buy the lifetime platinum membership. That's like 120$

Spoiler:
PM
Let me know if you want me to set up another forum! I didn't realize I hadn't transferred over the database for the old forum before switching to a new web host. :(
I Am the Sea

Need an easy way to host/link files and images? Check this thread!

Try to never just say, "My character isn't interested in that adventure." A lot of people mistake this for good roleplaying, because you are asserting your character's personality. Wrong. Good roleplaying should never bring the game to a screeching halt. One of your jobs as a player is to come up with a reason why your character would be interested in a plot. After all, your personality is entirely in your hands, not the DM's. Come up with a reason why the adventure (or the reward) might appeal to you, no matter how esoteric or roundabout the reasoning. -(Source)
[-] The following 2 users Like Kretol's post:
  • MstrCorvus, Ural
I've been wanting to get back into casual gaming/rp. I'd be down if you'd let me join.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
PM
(08-28-2014, 08:51 PM)Cressy Wrote: I've been wanting to get back into casual gaming/rp. I'd be down if you'd let me join.

Eww, Cressy.

Just kidding, the more the merrier.

Also yes Kretol, that might not be a dumb idea. Maybe somebody already wants to put forward a profile or RP idea. I'm assuming that all the old stuff went lost though.

Spoiler:
[-] The following 2 users Like Roxas65's post:
  • Cressy, MstrCorvus
PM
Honestly, I'm surprised CO is still going, considering its rival went down the sink...
...However, after spending my 'day' of work thinking about it, I'm now currently watching CO download.

...Now to try and liberate my password.
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Desperate for some rp? Try the resident of OOC for a change!

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-I-can-has-rp

PM
Okay, the forum is set up at http://champions.conquestofthehorde.com, like before. @Roxas65, if you wish to sign up I'll give you admin permissions so you can set it up as you wish.
I Am the Sea

Need an easy way to host/link files and images? Check this thread!

Try to never just say, "My character isn't interested in that adventure." A lot of people mistake this for good roleplaying, because you are asserting your character's personality. Wrong. Good roleplaying should never bring the game to a screeching halt. One of your jobs as a player is to come up with a reason why your character would be interested in a plot. After all, your personality is entirely in your hands, not the DM's. Come up with a reason why the adventure (or the reward) might appeal to you, no matter how esoteric or roundabout the reasoning. -(Source)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elder Scrolls Online Xigo 57 1,327 05-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Last Post: doombane
  Mortal Online Nostra 8 337 03-17-2012, 03:24 AM
Last Post: Nostra
  EVE Online Scout 2 175 09-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Last Post: Saintraven
  Gaia Online.... Ghardiak 11 386 05-15-2010, 03:10 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Champions Online players. Problemchild 0 148 10-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Problemchild