The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Soth's Intro
1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?

I read all of the rules and policies, yes.

2. How did you hear about us?

I Googled "World of Warcraft Private Server RP," and this website was #1.

3. How did you get into RP?

The exercise of placing myself in another person's position is instinctively easy and fun for me. From my youngest years, I've been dreaming up stories and using my imagination every day; this eventually led me to Dungeons and Dragons.

I have been playing and DMing Dungeons and Dragons for the greater part of my life - I've been the Dungeon Master for an unnumbered amount of games. I am a co-president of my school's Dungeons and Dragons club, as well. My games run smoothly if the players are dedicated D&D players.

However, on World of Warcraft's RP servers, I found most of the players ranged from apathetic to tortured vampires. I didn't expect Shakespearian intrigues, but I was still bummed.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?

It was the only MMORPG that worked on my Macintosh computer. I picked it up and played it for about a year before Burning Crusade dropped, and for about six months after that. Two years later, I picked up the habit again with Wrath of the Lich King, which I was mildly disappointed with.

I no longer play on Blizzard's servers.

5. What is your favorite race/class?

Forsaken rogue. It was my first character, and I haven't ever felt a need to be something different. The Forsaken's hunched posture and sinister aura practically screams "rogue" - it's as natural as a Tauren warrior or a Gnome mage.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?

One who tries to act and think with black-and-white morality, either doing the right thing all the time or doing the wrong thing all the time.

Since that mindset is unnatural, it opens up all kinds of avenues for interesting psychoses and heroic deaths. A lot of my players end up dying for ideals that they could never hope to fulfill.

This is completely unlike my real-life worldview; I am a pragmatic person. That's probably why I like playing my characters as fanatical cariacatures of moralistic human beings.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?

I dislike overwrought "tea party" type RP. I prefer my characters' personalities to be conveyed in a more muted, realistic manner (depending on the character, of course).

In other words, I like action.

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?

Work takes up a good amount of my time, but I like to relax, read, and write Dungeons and Dragons scenarios in my free time.

I'm a talented technical writer as well.

9. What country are you from? (Or, if you're uncomfortable with that question, what is your first language? We don't need to know exactly where you live, just what general time zone you're in and if you need some wiggle room on your spelling and grammar.)

Seattle, Washington. That's in the USA.

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?

Yes.
Welcome to the server! >8D