The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Starbound, an awesome beta
So, I heard you like Terraria. That's an okay game, it was fun while it lasted. But, I'll tell you what. One of the guys went off from that game to make his own... calling it Starbound. Now, it's like Terraria, but instead of one world with the same biomes, you get to travel between other planets, each with it's own things. Random dungeons, random inhabitants, different aspects of the game. There's already many more items than in Terraria...

And it's in beta.

Now, Kartoon Karl and I played this for maybe... two, three hours? We made this.

Spoiler:
[Image: E75ACAE5BDCDED615F832E2B0C4643CFF693ABDF]

So, y'know. There's that. It's fun. Try eet.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

It's THE NEXT BIG THINGS. It is indeed a really nice game.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0MBDzzW4b0[/youtube]
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Too bad they're wiping all the characters and worlds tomorrow..
Well, it is a beta. It's sort of what we signed up for.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Just mod the starter quests to give you some stuff to send you flying on the start and its fine!
[Image: kuzco_llama_by_mroobalooba-d3jkg9p.png]

Oh my god... you didn't...
I also managed to find a convenient way of making new songs for the Starbound in-game instrument system.
[Image: kuzco_llama_by_mroobalooba-d3jkg9p.png]

Oh my god... you didn't...
Ah. Terraria in space. It looks alright but it is one of those games I don't find enjoyable on my own, think I'll skip this one.
(12-07-2013, 04:19 PM)Xigo Wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0MBDzzW4b0[/youtube]

Xigo, I had no idea you made your own youtube videos!

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

insert pointless snip at johnny harmonic here

But yeah, got a few characters in mind for roleplay, if we ever get a CotH server or something. Should be fun once the memory leaks are fixed.
Jokes are jokes, mang. Don't read too far into things or be so defensive 'bout 'em!

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I would really love a CotH RP server for this ASAP. It's a pretty fun game.

Also, would love if anyone playing it would let me play with them before then. ^^;
Me and Rigley play together, but we've thus far been unable to find a very stable server. Multiplayer's sort of in shambles.
(12-09-2013, 12:15 PM)Xigo Wrote: Me and Rigley play together, but we've thus far been unable to find a very stable server. Multiplayer's sort of in shambles.

unfortunately, that's how these games usually go. Great gameplay, crappy netcode.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
I have a server for this, ports forwarded. Anyone interested?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny in open beta over weekend. Roxas65 24 8,438 07-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Last Post: KomodoTheCashew
  Quake Live...Awesome? Aethon 0 510 03-10-2013, 03:44 AM
Last Post: Aethon
  War of the Roses Beta! Ghostlily 5 685 07-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McKnighter