The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Stay a while and listen.. The Goblin knows what you want to!
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Good greetings!
The question of questions, tell us about yourself. Never liked that one.. Every time someone asks me that, I end up asking myself.. "Who am I?"
Realizing just how little I know of myself! Though I guess rambling is one way to tell..

EHEM! I'm 21 years old and I've been role playing since I was 12. Starting out in pure chat, progressing to World of Warcraft and then to the more in depth world of PnP a few years ago. Still a loyal Warcraft role player though! Which is what brought me here.

As a person I like to think of myself as a calm and patient guy. I don't get angry, I don't get mad.. and I don't yell or the likes. I prefer my arguments calm and civilized.
I am a real lore lover when it comes to warcraft and I've been studying it quite eagerly the past few years. The last two years on my retail server I was server-wide considered the go to guy for lore questions as well as peaceful resolution to arguments. I like to think that's a merit.. Anyway I'm rambling! Next question!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Sweden and Swedish is my primary language.
I do however often consider English more of a secondary primary. I have top graded all English classes so far, speak it on a daily basis and sometimes feel I know it better than Swedish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was first introduced to Warcraft when I in my youth purchased Warcraft 3, where I utterly fell in love with it. It was also in the battle.net chat rooms of warcraft 3 that I started role playing.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I found the server many many years ago... Disturbingly many years ago.. But recently me and some friends have been looking to see if there's a better alternative to our current private RP server and this name popped back into my head. So here I am!

What kinds of role play do you enjoy?:
I've played quite alot of everything.. From simple chat RP to heavily guided PnP games. But when it comes to Warcraft themes I can't really say.. I do enjoy abit of everything.. Cozy tavern RP all the way to the war front of gruesome cruel wars. I do prefer my RP lore correct and whitin the measurements of realism. Now of course, flinging fireballs from your hands isn't hyper realistic. But a peasant beating the crap out of fifty trained soldiers isn't either. One of those two go into wow because the world says so, the other doesn't.

So in the end I guess I prefer a good mix. The tavern RP can easily get silent and slow if there's nothing to talk about.. Better yet if I participated in the events we are talking about! It gives flair and color yet still a chance to relax now and then.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I don't really think I have a true favorite race or class. I've played so many different characters over the years. Though I suppose if I'd have to choose a favorite character of all of them. My most recent one probably ends up being the top. Which was a human Death Knight. However there goes alot of effort and knowledge into playing a Death Knight properly.. as well as alot of trust from your fellow players that you can do it.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't like to go to a new place with to high expectations. It gets you disappointed. However this server ends up highest on a very simple google search and it has quite the claims running around the forums. So I guess I'm hoping for the best!
This introduction thingy sure is punting up my expectations as well.. I can only imagine how many players can't be arsed and thus leaves it.. So I do believe I am expecting quite some quality if I do get in.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Hard question. You have many very good rules. The Guard Abuse Policy might be one of my favorites. It is such a common problem that so many seem to forget and I love that you are putting a foot down properly for it.
Another one I really like is the Maturity rule. Specificly the sub rule, Types of RP.
I've been to so many servers where the server as a whole has some kind of unspoken rule on how things run and go. Any consideration outside that is alien and reason to treat you just short of cyber bullying. The fact that you spokenly include adult RP also warms my heart. Sure, I enjoy myself some erotic writing now and then. Naturaly with comfortable and happy partners.
It all ends up in a matter of trust. And the fact that you do not neglect a rather often neglected part of RP. Makes me, trust you.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A light, carefull knocking echoed on the door to his cabin. A few moments later, the door creaks open and a rugged yet healthy man in his middle years steps in, the moment he passes over the edge of the door he stops for a moment. A shiver running down his spine, one that doesn't quite leave.
That feeling of dread creeping over him. His mind screaming at him to run. That horrible presence of the dead. He swallows hard before he grabs his voice and straightens up as much as he can.

"My lord.. We have arrived in Howling Fjord by your instructions. The spotter has located a area that should be landable by row boat. We can be ready to go whitin the hour."

A moment of silence follows as the captain regards the man before him.
Lord Denalion. Such a strange entity. A peaceful, calm and collected man. A man of words and wisdom. They claim he was advisor to the greatest criminal guild in Stormwind, while at the same time close friends to many of the cities guards.
That he wandered the streets openly, his name was in the files. Yet noone tried to touch him. Not out of fear. There were paladins to hunt his kind, but cause noone ever wanted to, he was to.. kind.

Most impressive of all however might be the claim that during his time, in league with this criminal guild that just were waging just short of a war on the cities guards. He, as a Death Knight, a monster bred for murder. Didn't spill a drop of blood.

Yet here he stood. Back turned to the captain and imposing as all of his kind are. Dressed in a plated kilt. Full plate armoring. Massive skulls leering at his shoulders, glowing with the pale blue of undeath and that dark cowl drawn over his head. As well as the ominous blade resting upon his back. It didn't look like a rune blade. Yet it felt oh so wrong. It shouldn't be there.

"Thank you Captain.." his chilling voice echoed into the chamber as the dark magic worked to put forth his words. He watched the sea outside his window silently as the boat halted. The sounds of outside lightly gathering whitin his hearing. He heard the anchor drop at the far side of the boat while the captain hurried out of the cabin to escape his presence.

Denalion stood silent, slowly he shook his head, turned around and walked out of the cabin with heavy steps. His presence on deck was immediatly recognised as the crew slowed up in their efforts, some shudders running through their spines. Some leaving the deck for the moment. He tried his best to keep the aura contained but even his mastery of the necromantic arts couldn't hide it. It was part of him, it was him.

He turned his gaze to the cliff sides of Howling Fjord. It had been so long since he was here last... He gazed upon the protruding area of the cliffs. Sitting just beside a large canyon which held many natural slopes and paths, the way up. There he would build his home.. There he would build his village, he would promes the people safety and seclusion under his watchful gaze. And he could study in peace.

He stepped over to the edge of the boat and gazed down over the water, it wasn't a very long treck. A light jump and he fell down the boat, hitting the surface of the water with a heavy crack as it froze under his feet. Slowly he raised from the kneeling position and started walking, water freezing as he went ahead towards his new home.

((There we go! That might have ended up abit longer than intended.. But I suppose.. It is a short story of one of my characters trips to Northrend.. A character I mentioned earlier even! The human death knight. Thank you for reading and cheers!))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hmm.. Not that I immediatly can think of no? Thanks for asking! ^^
Hello, Goblin, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can!

Playing a Death Knight does indeed require a lot of effort and knowledge, which is why it used to be a class only available to Grunts+.

On another note, we have some residents of Sweden on our server, and they're all great folks. Also, with that forum name, I hope I get to see a Goblin character from you. They're my favorite race to play!

I hope we live up to your expectations and that you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
[Image: anim_500.gif]
Oh, look. A fellow Swede. :3 Welcome.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings, to all who listen. Melrek 1 471 11-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Nostra