The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Stormwind Stables
I really hope this one is possible. It would be awesome if there would be a stable just outside of the Gates of Stormwind, where travelers could rest their mounts. The idea came into my head after hearing certain mounts weren't allowed inside of Stormwind.
It can be really plain and simple, just a stable with a caretaker or two. How does that sound?
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
I think it's a good idea, personally.

However, I think the reason certain mounts aren't allowed in is because they're seen as wild and that they might eat each other (At least for Nightsabers to Horses, I believe.) What would stop them from attacking while in the stable?
Valikani Wrote:However, I think the reason certain mounts aren't allowed in is because they're seen as wild and that they might eat each other (At least for Nightsabers to Horses, I believe.) What would stop them from attacking while in the stable?

Evil caretakers with electric pointed sticks?
Anyway, it does sound like a good idea to me.
But, and not to sound like a douche, is it worth the GMs time? They have many things to do recently... Echo Isles, Gnomeregan, et cetera.

If they can fit it into their schedule, why not? But I think it'll only happen if they have free time, or something.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
I don't think this will take to much time. I think the models are already there.
Edit: Not saying this needs priority, the GM's are busy indeed.
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
I think this is a great idea. Though I don't know if GMs are able to summon such models, we also should see if they have time for this, of course.
Those stables would only cater for the mounts which are not allowed in Stormwind. I'm not really sure what those mounts are, but I'm sure that they aren't many, so the stables won't really be of much use. Couple that with the GM's current workload... >.>
Well I don't think that the idea will last more than three day tops, would become boring and people will forget about it so it's pretty much uselles.
How can this idea get borring? Gm's can even spam only a fence like one in Goldshire. It wil be used when ever someone ICly passes trough the SW gates.
It is for casual use indeed, thank you FS. I just think it's a bit illogical that a city like Stormwind doesn't even have a place to keep the horses/mounts
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
Mm. Stormwind already has a lot goin' on at the moment. I'd think you could just tie them up somewhere along the gates.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rensin Wrote:Mm. Stormwind already has a lot goin' on at the moment. I'd think you could just tie them up somewhere along the gates.

That's generally how most people I've seen do it.

Either near the big gates where the Valley of Heroes meets Elwynn Forest, or those moving gates when you go into the actual city are where people leave their Elekk, Sabers, or whatever else isn't allowed in Stormwind.
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
Well, I guess. But in a city like Stormwind it is a bit odd that there isn't any cover for the animals. Having stables would be logical.
Proud Rotten Apples Fan
Well, I guess. But in a city like Stormwind it is a bit odd that there isn't any cover for the animals. Having stables would be logical.
Proud Rotten Apples Fan

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stormwind Guard: Chain of Command Kainue 18 2,745 10-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Kainue
  Stormwind reputation for blood elves attritin 5 1,246 09-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Shara
  Stormwind Millitary Base Howland 5 1,090 12-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Qaza